Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

emperorstarfinder
Okay as I said before I had gotten my profiles, groups, offline  
messaging, and search working (I still have a few tweaks to do with  
search), however when you send a group notice I noticed that even if I  
place an attachment such as an object, notecard, or landmark it does  
not send the attachment with the notice.  I am wondering if anyone  
else has noticed this and found a fix for it.  If so what is the fix?

Thanks

Emperor Starfinder
Core Developer
Second Galaxy Development Team
http://www.secondgalaxy.com
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

InuYasha Meiji
Just to add myself to the voices on this Notice attachments issue, I
don't have working attachments either..
Yuukyuu / InuYasha


On 1/25/2013 5:11 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:

> Okay as I said before I had gotten my profiles, groups, offline
> messaging, and search working (I still have a few tweaks to do with
> search), however when you send a group notice I noticed that even if I
> place an attachment such as an object, notecard, or landmark it does
> not send the attachment with the notice.  I am wondering if anyone
> else has noticed this and found a fix for it.  If so what is the fix?
>
> Thanks
>
> Emperor Starfinder
> Core Developer
> Second Galaxy Development Team
> http://www.secondgalaxy.com
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>


--
________________________________________________________________________
Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).
________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

emperorstarfinder
In reply to this post by emperorstarfinder
InuYasha

I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am  
not the only one.  In fact i think the version you cited is based off  
of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is  
really a currently maintained version of groups compatible with  
opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to  
date but don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.

As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the  
rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few tweaks to make my  
search instance run better but search does appear to be working  
correctly.

Emperor

Quoting [hidden email]:

> Send Opensim-users mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Opensim-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>       groups (InuYasha Meiji)
>    2. Re: Remote Admin default_appearance.xml (Eugenio
>       Passacantilli) (InuYasha Meiji)
>    3. Re: Mac OpenSim (Paul Fishwick)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:18:55 -0500
> From: InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Just to add myself to the voices on this Notice attachments issue, I
> don't have working attachments either..
> Yuukyuu / InuYasha
>
>
> On 1/25/2013 5:11 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>> Okay as I said before I had gotten my profiles, groups, offline
>> messaging, and search working (I still have a few tweaks to do with
>> search), however when you send a group notice I noticed that even if I
>> place an attachment such as an object, notecard, or landmark it does
>> not send the attachment with the notice.  I am wondering if anyone
>> else has noticed this and found a fix for it.  If so what is the fix?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Emperor Starfinder
>> Core Developer
>> Second Galaxy Development Team
>> http://www.secondgalaxy.com
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>
>
> --
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56  
> Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core,  
> Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version  
> 5.3.0, Apache
> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
> Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:31:02 -0500
> From: InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Remote Admin default_appearance.xml
> (Eugenio Passacantilli)
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Whoops, I should add this detail to my two cents worth.  I also have no
> attachments in Group notice.  My groups are over two years old.  I used
> the version by Jor3l. Locatd on this page,
> https://github.com/jor3l/OSModules/tree/master/osgroups/require
> It seems to work on all the other functions.
>
> I have vivox voice, Profiles seem dependable,   The only thing I dont
> have is search.  Where can I find the most updated version of the groups
> module?  I seem to find a lot of conflicting web site, some are old and
> not sure what info is still in use.
> I am using window 7 64bit.
>
> Yuukyuu / InuYasha.
>
>
> On 1/25/2013 5:08 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>> I am not sure if this will help any, but I saw eugene's post about
>> creating a default_appearance with remote console.
>>
>> In grid mode I used diva's wifi (her current version for wifi for
>> robust is 0.7.3.1.  I created the default avatars Female Avatar, Male
>> Avatar, Neutral Avatar through the wifi.  Then I logged each one in
>> and did their shapes, skin, hair, eyes, outfits, etc.  Now when new
>> users register via the wifi they will get the default_appearance set
>> to the default avatars.  Diva's wifi seems to be the only front end
>> component that actually works without to much frustration currently.
>> You can get her wifi for robust at
>> http://metaverseink.com/Downloads.html.  I hope that might help a bit
>> at least.
>>
>> Emperor
>> ________________________________________________________________________
>> Opensim User: In Gridmode on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56
>> Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte
>> Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM. Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0,
>> Apache and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition. Groups, Profiles, Vivox
>> Voice and Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users
>> allowed Now).
>> ________________________________________________________________________
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:52:27 -0600
> From: Paul Fishwick <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Mac OpenSim
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>
> Tom and Justin
>   I had originally tried to install a new version of mono but when I
> checked the version, it always pointed to the old one (2.4?.). I tried
> various things including following these instructions for macports
> (which I had installed):
>
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>
>  Then, I reinstalled MacPorts and downloaded the new version of
> Mono run time. Now I get mono version 2.10.10. I then went back
> to "mono OpenSim.exe" and this worked fine.
>
> The main problem was the older Mono version, and you are right about
> the locations - I think it was using the Macports version until I uninstalled
> macports and installed mono. It is using, presently, /usr/bin/mono which
> is now 2.10.10
>
> -p
>
>
>
> On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:30 AM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I have installed the newer mono over the older mono and all was  
>> fine. Using 'which mono' to id the path of the specific mono being  
>> used. Mine is in /usr/bin/mono.  I am on Lion rather than Mountain  
>> Lion and 7.4 though.  An alternative is to use the www.macports.org  
>> to install mono rather than the www.mono-project.com downloads but  
>> I am not certain if they place mono in different locations.
>>
>> On 25 Jan 2013, at 05:37, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>>
>>> I'm pretty sure Mono doesn't come with the mac.  Did you uninstall  
>>> the older mono first?  If not, you could try that in case it's  
>>> being picked up first on the PATH.
>>>
>>> On 25/01/13 04:54, Paul Fishwick wrote:
>>>> I am planning on introducing some students to OpenSim using a Mac  
>>>> Laptop running
>>>> Mountain Lion. I download the binaries for 0.7.5-rc1, and when I  
>>>> go to the ]bin folder
>>>> and execute either mono OpenSim.exe or OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe,  
>>>> it crashes with
>>>> the log shown at the end of this email for reference.
>>>>
>>>> It has been a while - so when I go to the shell, and do "mono -V", I get
>>>>
>>>> Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.2.3 (tarball Tue Sep  8 21:57:03 EDT 2009)
>>>>
>>>> Then, I go to the mono page, and download the MRE (run-time  
>>>> mono). The reason
>>>> being that perhaps I am running an outdated version of mono. But  
>>>> after installing mono,
>>>> and starting a new bash script, "mono -V" shows the same version  
>>>> (not 2.10 which has
>>>> just been installed).
>>>>
>>>> Not sure why 1) I cannot see the latest mono installed (after  
>>>> opening up a new bash
>>>> shell and typing mono -V, or 2) how to get OpenSim running.
>>>>
>>>> Any thoughts? I acknowledge that I may be a bit rusty on this
>>>>
>>>> -p
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ???.
>>>>
>>>> OpenSim output when run:
>>>>
>>>> This application is compiled for 32-bit CPU and will run under  
>>>> WOW32 or similar.
>>>> All 64-bit incompatibilities should be gone.
>>>>
>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default  
>>>> OpenSim.exe.config
>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: System Locale is en-US
>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Environment variable  
>>>> MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU is unset
>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 100 worker threads and  
>>>> 0 IOCP threads
>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and  
>>>> 1000 IOCP threads
>>>>
>>>> ** (OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe:72516): WARNING **: The following  
>>>> assembly referenced from
>>>> /Users/paulfishwick/Documents/OpenSim/opensim-0.7.5-rc1/bin/OpenSim.Framework.dll could not be  
>>>> loaded:
>>>>      Assembly:   System.Core    (assemblyref_index=8)
>>>>      Version:    4.0.0.0
>>>>      Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
>>>> The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path  
>>>> listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable,
>>>>
>>>> ????..
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Opensim-users mailing list
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>>> OSVW Consulting
>>> http://justincc.org
>>> http://twitter.com/justincc
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Opensim-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>> Tom Willans  BSc(Hons)  MBCS  CITP
>> PhD Student
>> Serious Games Institute, Coventry University
>> United Kingdom
>>
>> Senior Research Representative: Faculty of Engineering and Computing
>> Managing Director Bessacarr Publications Ltd
>> +44 (0)121 288 0281
>> email: [hidden email]
>> skype: tom.willans
>> Second Life and OSGrid: Tom Tiros
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
> Paul Fishwick, PhD,
> Chair, ACM SIGSIM
> Distinguished Chair of Arts & Technology and Professor of Computer Science
> The University of Texas at Dallas
> Arts & Technology
> 800 West Campbell Road, AT10
> Richardson, TX 75080-3021
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:  
> <https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/attachments/20130125/190422f9/attachment.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
> End of Opensim-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 47
> *********************************************
>



Emperor Starfinder
Core Developer
Second Galaxy Development Team
http://www.secondgalaxy.com
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

InuYasha Meiji
Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new 7.5
release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I don't compile it all
myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much easier when working with only
one eye.

InuYasha


On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:

> InuYasha
>
> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am
> not the only one.  In fact i think the version you cited is based off
> of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is
> really a currently maintained version of groups compatible with
> opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to
> date but don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>
> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the
> rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few tweaks to make my
> search instance run better but search does appear to be working
> correctly.
>
> Emperor
>

--
________________________________________________________________________
Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).
________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

justincc
I maintain the XmlRpcGroupsServer at [1].  Not in a particularly active fashion but I do maintain current functionality
and as happy to look at any patches that people submit to that github project.  I can't comment on other versions of
that code.

However, I don't think that the group IM attachment issue does not have anything to do with groups itself but is rather
due to some bug in the way that OpenSimulator is handling attachments to these messages.  I'm assuming that it's broken
- I haven't had a reason or an opportunity to take a look at that functionality myself.

[1] https://github.com/mcortez/flotsam/tree/master/flotsam/Servers/XmlRpcGroupsServer/

On 25/01/13 21:06, InuYasha Meiji wrote:

> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new 7.5 release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I
> don't compile it all myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much easier when working with only one eye.
>
> InuYasha
>
>
> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>> InuYasha
>>
>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am not the only one.  In fact i think the version you
>> cited is based off of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is really a currently maintained
>> version of groups compatible with opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to date but
>> don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>
>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few
>> tweaks to make my search instance run better but search does appear to be working correctly.
>>
>> Emperor
>>
>


--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
OSVW Consulting
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

Melanie
OpenSim does not handle these messages at all, it's all in the
province of Flotsam. To wit, Avination has working attachments and
no core changes were needed for that. Core's code is perfectly able
to provide this feature.

Melanie

On 26/01/2013 01:55, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> I maintain the XmlRpcGroupsServer at [1].  Not in a particularly active fashion but I do maintain current functionality
> and as happy to look at any patches that people submit to that github project.  I can't comment on other versions of
> that code.
>
> However, I don't think that the group IM attachment issue does not have anything to do with groups itself but is rather
> due to some bug in the way that OpenSimulator is handling attachments to these messages.  I'm assuming that it's broken
> - I haven't had a reason or an opportunity to take a look at that functionality myself.
>
> [1] https://github.com/mcortez/flotsam/tree/master/flotsam/Servers/XmlRpcGroupsServer/
>
> On 25/01/13 21:06, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new 7.5 release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I
>> don't compile it all myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much easier when working with only one eye.
>>
>> InuYasha
>>
>>
>> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>> InuYasha
>>>
>>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am not the only one.  In fact i think the version you
>>> cited is based off of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is really a currently maintained
>>> version of groups compatible with opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to date but
>>> don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>>
>>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few
>>> tweaks to make my search instance run better but search does appear to be working correctly.
>>>
>>> Emperor
>>>
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

emperorstarfinder
In reply to this post by emperorstarfinder
Actually you do want the ability to send attachments in the group  
notices especially for those that use the module and want to get their  
grid up and running.  I might try to revisit this when I finish  
addressing our grid's currency module needs.  But my recommendation is  
to review possibly what is causing this.  It seems to be there in the  
groupsmodule cs scripts but as justin said I havent looked to see if  
that is broken some how.  It caught me off guard this morning for  
about a minute when I had two people tell me they tried to attach a  
landmark to group notices and it didn't work.

Shows what little sleep does now doesn't it lol

Emperor

Quoting [hidden email]:

> Send Opensim-users mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Opensim-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>       groups (Emperor Starfinder)
>    2. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>       groups (InuYasha Meiji)
>    3. Question about terrain textures (Emperor Starfinder)
>    4. Re: Question about terrain textures (drWhiet)
>    5. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>       groups (Justin Clark-Casey)
>    6. OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc2 now available (Justin Clark-Casey)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:32:06 -0500
> From: Emperor Starfinder <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
> Message-ID: <20130125103206.13231gp33tx8uffo@74.50.85.33>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; DelSp="Yes";
> format="flowed"
>
> InuYasha
>
> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am
> not the only one.  In fact i think the version you cited is based off
> of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is
> really a currently maintained version of groups compatible with
> opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to
> date but don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>
> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the
> rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few tweaks to make my
> search instance run better but search does appear to be working
> correctly.
>
> Emperor
>
> Quoting [hidden email]:
>
>> Send Opensim-users mailing list submissions to
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of Opensim-users digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>>       groups (InuYasha Meiji)
>>    2. Re: Remote Admin default_appearance.xml (Eugenio
>>       Passacantilli) (InuYasha Meiji)
>>    3. Re: Mac OpenSim (Paul Fishwick)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:18:55 -0500
>> From: InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
>> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
>> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> Just to add myself to the voices on this Notice attachments issue, I
>> don't have working attachments either..
>> Yuukyuu / InuYasha
>>
>>
>> On 1/25/2013 5:11 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>> Okay as I said before I had gotten my profiles, groups, offline
>>> messaging, and search working (I still have a few tweaks to do with
>>> search), however when you send a group notice I noticed that even if I
>>> place an attachment such as an object, notecard, or landmark it does
>>> not send the attachment with the notice.  I am wondering if anyone
>>> else has noticed this and found a fix for it.  If so what is the fix?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Emperor Starfinder
>>> Core Developer
>>> Second Galaxy Development Team
>>> http://www.secondgalaxy.com
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Opensim-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> ________________________________________________________________________
>> Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56
>> Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core,
>> Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version
>> 5.3.0, Apache
>> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
>> Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).
>> ________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 06:31:02 -0500
>> From: InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Remote Admin default_appearance.xml
>> (Eugenio Passacantilli)
>> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> Whoops, I should add this detail to my two cents worth.  I also have no
>> attachments in Group notice.  My groups are over two years old.  I used
>> the version by Jor3l. Locatd on this page,
>> https://github.com/jor3l/OSModules/tree/master/osgroups/require
>> It seems to work on all the other functions.
>>
>> I have vivox voice, Profiles seem dependable,   The only thing I dont
>> have is search.  Where can I find the most updated version of the groups
>> module?  I seem to find a lot of conflicting web site, some are old and
>> not sure what info is still in use.
>> I am using window 7 64bit.
>>
>> Yuukyuu / InuYasha.
>>
>>
>> On 1/25/2013 5:08 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>> I am not sure if this will help any, but I saw eugene's post about
>>> creating a default_appearance with remote console.
>>>
>>> In grid mode I used diva's wifi (her current version for wifi for
>>> robust is 0.7.3.1.  I created the default avatars Female Avatar, Male
>>> Avatar, Neutral Avatar through the wifi.  Then I logged each one in
>>> and did their shapes, skin, hair, eyes, outfits, etc.  Now when new
>>> users register via the wifi they will get the default_appearance set
>>> to the default avatars.  Diva's wifi seems to be the only front end
>>> component that actually works without to much frustration currently.
>>> You can get her wifi for robust at
>>> http://metaverseink.com/Downloads.html.  I hope that might help a bit
>>> at least.
>>>
>>> Emperor
>>> ________________________________________________________________________
>>> Opensim User: In Gridmode on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56
>>> Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte
>>> Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM. Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0,
>>> Apache and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition. Groups, Profiles, Vivox
>>> Voice and Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users
>>> allowed Now).
>>> ________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 07:52:27 -0600
>> From: Paul Fishwick <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Mac OpenSim
>> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>>
>> Tom and Justin
>>   I had originally tried to install a new version of mono but when I
>> checked the version, it always pointed to the old one (2.4?.). I tried
>> various things including following these instructions for macports
>> (which I had installed):
>>
>> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>>
>>  Then, I reinstalled MacPorts and downloaded the new version of
>> Mono run time. Now I get mono version 2.10.10. I then went back
>> to "mono OpenSim.exe" and this worked fine.
>>
>> The main problem was the older Mono version, and you are right about
>> the locations - I think it was using the Macports version until I  
>> uninstalled
>> macports and installed mono. It is using, presently, /usr/bin/mono which
>> is now 2.10.10
>>
>> -p
>>
>>
>>
>> On Jan 25, 2013, at 1:30 AM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I have installed the newer mono over the older mono and all was
>>> fine. Using 'which mono' to id the path of the specific mono being
>>> used. Mine is in /usr/bin/mono.  I am on Lion rather than Mountain
>>> Lion and 7.4 though.  An alternative is to use the www.macports.org
>>> to install mono rather than the www.mono-project.com downloads but
>>> I am not certain if they place mono in different locations.
>>>
>>> On 25 Jan 2013, at 05:37, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>>>
>>>> I'm pretty sure Mono doesn't come with the mac.  Did you uninstall
>>>> the older mono first?  If not, you could try that in case it's
>>>> being picked up first on the PATH.
>>>>
>>>> On 25/01/13 04:54, Paul Fishwick wrote:
>>>>> I am planning on introducing some students to OpenSim using a Mac
>>>>> Laptop running
>>>>> Mountain Lion. I download the binaries for 0.7.5-rc1, and when I
>>>>> go to the ]bin folder
>>>>> and execute either mono OpenSim.exe or OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe,
>>>>> it crashes with
>>>>> the log shown at the end of this email for reference.
>>>>>
>>>>> It has been a while - so when I go to the shell, and do "mono -V", I get
>>>>>
>>>>> Mono JIT compiler version 2.4.2.3 (tarball Tue Sep  8 21:57:03 EDT 2009)
>>>>>
>>>>> Then, I go to the mono page, and download the MRE (run-time
>>>>> mono). The reason
>>>>> being that perhaps I am running an outdated version of mono. But
>>>>> after installing mono,
>>>>> and starting a new bash script, "mono -V" shows the same version
>>>>> (not 2.10 which has
>>>>> just been installed).
>>>>>
>>>>> Not sure why 1) I cannot see the latest mono installed (after
>>>>> opening up a new bash
>>>>> shell and typing mono -V, or 2) how to get OpenSim running.
>>>>>
>>>>> Any thoughts? I acknowledge that I may be a bit rusty on this
>>>>>
>>>>> -p
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ???.
>>>>>
>>>>> OpenSim output when run:
>>>>>
>>>>> This application is compiled for 32-bit CPU and will run under
>>>>> WOW32 or similar.
>>>>> All 64-bit incompatibilities should be gone.
>>>>>
>>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: configured log4net using default
>>>>> OpenSim.exe.config
>>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: System Locale is en-US
>>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Environment variable
>>>>> MONO_THREADS_PER_CPU is unset
>>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Runtime gave us 100 worker threads and
>>>>> 0 IOCP threads
>>>>> 22:49:48 - [OPENSIM MAIN]: Bumping up to 500 worker threads and
>>>>> 1000 IOCP threads
>>>>>
>>>>> ** (OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe:72516): WARNING **: The following
>>>>> assembly referenced from
>>>>> /Users/paulfishwick/Documents/OpenSim/opensim-0.7.5-rc1/bin/OpenSim.Framework.dll could not  
>>>>> be
>>>>> loaded:
>>>>>      Assembly:   System.Core    (assemblyref_index=8)
>>>>>      Version:    4.0.0.0
>>>>>      Public Key: b77a5c561934e089
>>>>> The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path
>>>>> listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable,
>>>>>
>>>>> ????..
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> Opensim-users mailing list
>>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>>>> OSVW Consulting
>>>> http://justincc.org
>>>> http://twitter.com/justincc
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Opensim-users mailing list
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>>
>>> Tom Willans  BSc(Hons)  MBCS  CITP
>>> PhD Student
>>> Serious Games Institute, Coventry University
>>> United Kingdom
>>>
>>> Senior Research Representative: Faculty of Engineering and Computing
>>> Managing Director Bessacarr Publications Ltd
>>> +44 (0)121 288 0281
>>> email: [hidden email]
>>> skype: tom.willans
>>> Second Life and OSGrid: Tom Tiros
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Opensim-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>> Paul Fishwick, PhD,
>> Chair, ACM SIGSIM
>> Distinguished Chair of Arts & Technology and Professor of Computer Science
>> The University of Texas at Dallas
>> Arts & Technology
>> 800 West Campbell Road, AT10
>> Richardson, TX 75080-3021
>>
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL:
>> <https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/attachments/20130125/190422f9/attachment.html>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>> End of Opensim-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 47
>> *********************************************
>>
>
>
>
> Emperor Starfinder
> Core Developer
> Second Galaxy Development Team
> http://www.secondgalaxy.com
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:06:32 -0500
> From: InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new 7.5
> release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I don't compile it all
> myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much easier when working with only
> one eye.
>
> InuYasha
>
>
> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>> InuYasha
>>
>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am
>> not the only one.  In fact i think the version you cited is based off
>> of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is
>> really a currently maintained version of groups compatible with
>> opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to
>> date but don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>
>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the
>> rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few tweaks to make my
>> search instance run better but search does appear to be working
>> correctly.
>>
>> Emperor
>>
>
> --
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56  
> Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core,  
> Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version  
> 5.3.0, Apache
> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
> Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 16:52:23 -0500
> From: Emperor Starfinder <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] Question about terrain textures
> Message-ID: <20130125165223.15092y38ozh4qq2o@74.50.85.33>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; DelSp="Yes";
> format="flowed"
>
> Okay I just had two of my grid staff members ask me this as they work
> to get our in galaxy (in world) ready to open and so I am wondering if
> there is a way to fix this.
>
> They asked me about fixing the terrain textures to look natural.  To
> me this looks like an issue where you cant do any repeat info same as
> you can on objects with texture repeats.  So other then messing with
> the code is there a way to fix this or if I need to add this to the
> estate manager would that mean to utilize this ability would I also
> need to get it added to viewers our users might use?
>
> A picture of what i am asking can be viewed at
> http://galaxygrid.servegame.org/terrainquestion.png
>
> They want the terraints to look natural and unique and realistic.
>
> Thanks
>
> Emperor Starfinder
> Core Developer
> Second Galaxy Development Team
> http://www.secondgalaxy.com
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 23:59:39 +0100
> From: "drWhiet" <[hidden email]>
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Question about terrain textures
> Message-ID: <71913653CF0C4603A1E2FDCB610AD2CC@Cyberdrome>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> I read your post twice but i do not understand the question.
>
> Terrain textures can be set with the viewer , yes ..
> If you use good natural texture it looks natural.
>
> By playing with the Low/High Values for Southwest / Northwest / Southeast
> and Northeast
> you can have 4 textures also with no hills.
>
> I am currently working on Terrain textures myself and just yesterday
> i files a mantis as with the actual opensim version the " set terrain
> texture "
> console command are broken. See this mantis
> http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=6513
>
> And i can not see the picture you mentioned, as your server does currently
> not respond.
> Can you clarify what you want to achive and i try to help you !
>
> Here is a picture of my current test region with 4 different textures
> on a more or less not very high terrain http://i46.tinypic.com/2v1lu6u.png
>
> Best regards
> Wordfromthe Wise
>
>
> -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] Im Auftrag von Emperor
> Starfinder
> Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Januar 2013 22:52
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: [Opensim-users] Question about terrain textures
>
> Okay I just had two of my grid staff members ask me this as they work to get
> our in galaxy (in world) ready to open and so I am wondering if there is a
> way to fix this.
>
> They asked me about fixing the terrain textures to look natural.  To me this
> looks like an issue where you cant do any repeat info same as you can on
> objects with texture repeats.  So other then messing with the code is there
> a way to fix this or if I need to add this to the estate manager would that
> mean to utilize this ability would I also need to get it added to viewers
> our users might use?
>
> A picture of what i am asking can be viewed at
> http://galaxygrid.servegame.org/terrainquestion.png
>
> They want the terraints to look natural and unique and realistic.
>
> Thanks
>
> Emperor Starfinder
> Core Developer
> Second Galaxy Development Team
> http://www.secondgalaxy.com
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 00:55:46 +0000
> From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> I maintain the XmlRpcGroupsServer at [1].  Not in a particularly  
> active fashion but I do maintain current functionality
> and as happy to look at any patches that people submit to that  
> github project.  I can't comment on other versions of
> that code.
>
> However, I don't think that the group IM attachment issue does not  
> have anything to do with groups itself but is rather
> due to some bug in the way that OpenSimulator is handling  
> attachments to these messages.  I'm assuming that it's broken
> - I haven't had a reason or an opportunity to take a look at that  
> functionality myself.
>
> [1]  
> https://github.com/mcortez/flotsam/tree/master/flotsam/Servers/XmlRpcGroupsServer/
>
> On 25/01/13 21:06, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new  
>> 7.5 release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I
>> don't compile it all myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much easier  
>> when working with only one eye.
>>
>> InuYasha
>>
>>
>> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>> InuYasha
>>>
>>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I  
>>> am not the only one.  In fact i think the version you
>>> cited is based off of that to as is the mementic version.  I am  
>>> not to sure if there is really a currently maintained
>>> version of groups compatible with opensim though I heard some  
>>> where that the module from osgrid is up to date but
>>> don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>>
>>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with  
>>> the rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few
>>> tweaks to make my search instance run better but search does  
>>> appear to be working correctly.
>>>
>>> Emperor
>>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> OSVW Consulting
> http://justincc.org
> http://twitter.com/justincc
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 01:34:34 +0000
> From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email], [hidden email]
> Subject: [Opensim-users] OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc2 now available
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hi folks,
>
> OpenSimulator 0.7.5-rc2 [1], the second release candidate for the  
> next version of OpenSimulator, is now available [2].
>
> Compared to rc1, the changes are pretty minor - many are tweaks to  
> debug console commands and additional debug commands.
>
> Probably the chief change is a fix for a recent functionality  
> regression where client AOs, such as that implemented by Firestorm,  
> stopped working as they previously had been with OpenSimulator  
> (commit af5a3f2).
>
> Unless there are any showstopping regressions, I expect that this  
> release candidate will likely be very close, if not functionally  
> identical, to what is ultimately released as OpenSimulator 0.7.5.
>
> The one line git summary of each commit since 0.7.5-rc1 is shown below.
>
> 8f32e16 minor: Fix full scene part console report to show proper  
> Light* names rather than all wrongly FlexiDrag
> c42e2c6 minor: Call down to base OpenSimTestCase.SetUp() in  
> NPCModuleTests to disable any enabled logging from previous tests
> 6bd57f2 Bump version up to 0.7.5-rc2
> af5a3f2 Restore previous client AO behaviour by not allowing them to  
> remove the default animation but continue to allow scripts to do so.
> 0ba01ce Check the existing ScenePresence.ParentPart to make sure  
> we're not trying to sit on a prim we're already sat upon, rather  
> than looking up the part from scratch.
> 70e1dd5 New constants for llGetObjectDetails
> c42bff5 Fix use of scene debug commands when region is set to root  
> or a specific region where there is more than one region on the  
> simulator.
> 10b3c6b Add "debug set set animations true|false" region console command.
> 8ecf6ed Add utility function to clamp a vector to a maximum magnitude.
> 0945044 Changed a couple of debug messages at the request of osgrid.
> e2823bf move resit fix to ScenePresence.cs and allow for requesting  
> sit on objects other than the object currently sat on
> 795009c Print full stacktrace from plugin loading failure to help  
> determine what went wrong, rather than a possibly unhelpful simple  
> exception message.
> cc8fbf7 Fix exception reporting in SceneObjectPart so it logs what  
> the exception is rather than just saying it happened.
> af27180 add some sanity checking to HandleAgentRequestSit handler
> c182157 Fix a regression in the last few scene commands changes  
> where setting these via the viewer estate dialog stopped working.
> 1cda887 Add "debug scene get" console command to list current scene options
> 0ba0ac4 Move scene debug commands into separate module.  Command  
> changes from "debug scene <key> <value>" to "debug scene set <key>  
> <value>" to accomodate future settings
> ce8b30d minor: Capitalize GroupsModule command category
> d4c4cb3 minor: add missing newline to "debug scene" console command
> ac43006 Remove unimplemented "debug teleport" console command
> 069e2d6 Add "debug scene pbackup true|false" console command.  This  
> enables or disable periodic scene backup.  For debug purposes.
> 30eded2 revert accidental change to MemoryWatchdog stat calculation  
> in previous b1b4687
> 2563553 Add "show script timers" command to show script timers.  For  
> debug purposes.
> 9ddddde Add "show sensors" command to show script sensor information  
> for debug purposes.
> 99a5ea9 minor: Remove unnecessary commented out code from last  
> commit c28a2f05 and fix up code comment
> 880b236 minor: make spacing consistent in console help output
> f47f3dd minor: Fix command match of "debug script" command to "debug  
> scripts" to match other scripts commands (and it's own short help  
> text)
> 8ee078c minor: Allow "script *" console commands to take multiple  
> script item ids
> 17d54a7 Add the new UpdateAgentInformation cap to make maturity on  
> more recent viewers work.
>
> [1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7.5_Release
> [2] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
>
> --
> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> OSVW Consulting
> http://justincc.org
> http://twitter.com/justincc
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
> End of Opensim-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 48
> *********************************************
>



Emperor Starfinder
Core Developer
Second Galaxy Development Team
http://www.secondgalaxy.com
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

Diva Canto
In reply to this post by Melanie
FYI the next release of the Diva Distro will have groups working with
attachments -- a limited version of groups, but completely functional
and including cross-world (HG) memberships. OpenSim has all the
necessary support. Flotsam groups is lacking a few non-trivial things in
order to support attachments.

On 1/25/2013 6:00 PM, Melanie wrote:

> OpenSim does not handle these messages at all, it's all in the
> province of Flotsam. To wit, Avination has working attachments and
> no core changes were needed for that. Core's code is perfectly able
> to provide this feature.
>
> Melanie
>
> On 26/01/2013 01:55, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>> I maintain the XmlRpcGroupsServer at [1].  Not in a particularly active fashion but I do maintain current functionality
>> and as happy to look at any patches that people submit to that github project.  I can't comment on other versions of
>> that code.
>>
>> However, I don't think that the group IM attachment issue does not have anything to do with groups itself but is rather
>> due to some bug in the way that OpenSimulator is handling attachments to these messages.  I'm assuming that it's broken
>> - I haven't had a reason or an opportunity to take a look at that functionality myself.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/mcortez/flotsam/tree/master/flotsam/Servers/XmlRpcGroupsServer/
>>
>> On 25/01/13 21:06, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>>> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new 7.5 release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I
>>> don't compile it all myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much easier when working with only one eye.
>>>
>>> InuYasha
>>>
>>>
>>> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>>> InuYasha
>>>>
>>>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am not the only one.  In fact i think the version you
>>>> cited is based off of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is really a currently maintained
>>>> version of groups compatible with opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to date but
>>>> don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>>>
>>>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few
>>>> tweaks to make my search instance run better but search does appear to be working correctly.
>>>>
>>>> Emperor
>>>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

InuYasha Meiji
In reply to this post by Melanie
Thanks, Melanie for clearing that up. I was thinking it must be possible
to get working. I am learning PHP, just not that good at it yet. But, I
was thinking, since I use a module for my offline messaging and it seems
I am able to send attachments to those mesages and it seems to work,
then somehow there should be a way for groups to get that working too.

Your friend, InuYasha ♂


On 1/25/2013 9:00 PM, Melanie wrote:

> OpenSim does not handle these messages at all, it's all in the
> province of Flotsam. To wit, Avination has working attachments and
> no core changes were needed for that. Core's code is perfectly able
> to provide this feature.
>
> Melanie
>
> On 26/01/2013 01:55, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>> I maintain the XmlRpcGroupsServer at [1].  Not in a particularly active fashion but I do maintain current functionality
>> and as happy to look at any patches that people submit to that github project.  I can't comment on other versions of
>> that code.
>>
>> However, I don't think that the group IM attachment issue does not have anything to do with groups itself but is rather
>> due to some bug in the way that OpenSimulator is handling attachments to these messages.  I'm assuming that it's broken
>> - I haven't had a reason or an opportunity to take a look at that functionality myself.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/mcortez/flotsam/tree/master/flotsam/Servers/XmlRpcGroupsServer/
>>
>> On 25/01/13 21:06, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>>> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new 7.5 release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I
>>> don't compile it all myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much easier when working with only one eye.
>>>
>>> InuYasha
>>>
>>>
>>> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>>> InuYasha
>>>>
>>>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I am not the only one.  In fact i think the version you
>>>> cited is based off of that to as is the mementic version.  I am not to sure if there is really a currently maintained
>>>> version of groups compatible with opensim though I heard some where that the module from osgrid is up to date but
>>>> don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>>>
>>>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with the rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few
>>>> tweaks to make my search instance run better but search does appear to be working correctly.
>>>>
>>>> Emperor
>>>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>


--
________________________________________________________________________
Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).
________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

InuYasha Meiji
In reply to this post by emperorstarfinder
It is also oa great way to send notecards about an event.
BTW love the idea of a good currentcy Module, maybe one that shows your
amount on the top bar like LL does.  Not looking for anything tied into
real money or the bank in ral life.  I wish for game money for use in
role play, without haveing to add just another HUD of some kind.

On 1/25/2013 9:41 PM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:

> Actually you do want the ability to send attachments in the group
> notices especially for those that use the module and want to get their
> grid up and running.  I might try to revisit this when I finish
> addressing our grid's currency module needs. But my recommendation is
> to review possibly what is causing this. It seems to be there in the
> groupsmodule cs scripts but as justin said I havent looked to see if
> that is broken some how.  It caught me off guard this morning for
> about a minute when I had two people tell me they tried to attach a
> landmark to group notices and it didn't work.
>
> Shows what little sleep does now doesn't it lol
>
> Emperor
>

--
________________________________________________________________________
Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56 Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).
________________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

emperorstarfinder
In reply to this post by emperorstarfinder
@ Diva

That is good news.  I look forward to hearing how that works.  We have  
been hesitant to enable hypergrid until all the permissions issues are  
resolved. (perhaps next version of hypergrid).

@Melanie

I assume by core you are referring to mementic core.  or are you  
referring to the core groups module already in opensim itself. (looks  
as though that is only skeleton though).

Thanks

Emperor

Quoting [hidden email]:

> Send Opensim-users mailing list submissions to
> [hidden email]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> [hidden email]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> [hidden email]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Opensim-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>       groups (Diva Canto)
>    2. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>       groups (InuYasha Meiji)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 23:44:19 -0800
> From: Diva Canto <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> FYI the next release of the Diva Distro will have groups working with
> attachments -- a limited version of groups, but completely functional
> and including cross-world (HG) memberships. OpenSim has all the
> necessary support. Flotsam groups is lacking a few non-trivial things in
> order to support attachments.
>
> On 1/25/2013 6:00 PM, Melanie wrote:
>> OpenSim does not handle these messages at all, it's all in the
>> province of Flotsam. To wit, Avination has working attachments and
>> no core changes were needed for that. Core's code is perfectly able
>> to provide this feature.
>>
>> Melanie
>>
>> On 26/01/2013 01:55, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>>> I maintain the XmlRpcGroupsServer at [1].  Not in a particularly  
>>> active fashion but I do maintain current functionality
>>> and as happy to look at any patches that people submit to that  
>>> github project.  I can't comment on other versions of
>>> that code.
>>>
>>> However, I don't think that the group IM attachment issue does not  
>>> have anything to do with groups itself but is rather
>>> due to some bug in the way that OpenSimulator is handling  
>>> attachments to these messages.  I'm assuming that it's broken
>>> - I haven't had a reason or an opportunity to take a look at that  
>>> functionality myself.
>>>
>>> [1]  
>>> https://github.com/mcortez/flotsam/tree/master/flotsam/Servers/XmlRpcGroupsServer/
>>>
>>> On 25/01/13 21:06, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>>>> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new  
>>>> 7.5 release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I
>>>> don't compile it all myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much  
>>>> easier when working with only one eye.
>>>>
>>>> InuYasha
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>>>> InuYasha
>>>>>
>>>>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I  
>>>>> am not the only one.  In fact i think the version you
>>>>> cited is based off of that to as is the mementic version.  I am  
>>>>> not to sure if there is really a currently maintained
>>>>> version of groups compatible with opensim though I heard some  
>>>>> where that the module from osgrid is up to date but
>>>>> don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>>>>
>>>>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with  
>>>>> the rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few
>>>>> tweaks to make my search instance run better but search does  
>>>>> appear to be working correctly.
>>>>>
>>>>> Emperor
>>>>>
>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 02:59:31 -0500
> From: InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> It is also oa great way to send notecards about an event.
> BTW love the idea of a good currentcy Module, maybe one that shows your
> amount on the top bar like LL does.  Not looking for anything tied into
> real money or the bank in ral life.  I wish for game money for use in
> role play, without haveing to add just another HUD of some kind.
>
> On 1/25/2013 9:41 PM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>> Actually you do want the ability to send attachments in the group
>> notices especially for those that use the module and want to get their
>> grid up and running.  I might try to revisit this when I finish
>> addressing our grid's currency module needs. But my recommendation is
>> to review possibly what is causing this. It seems to be there in the
>> groupsmodule cs scripts but as justin said I havent looked to see if
>> that is broken some how.  It caught me off guard this morning for
>> about a minute when I had two people tell me they tried to attach a
>> landmark to group notices and it didn't work.
>>
>> Shows what little sleep does now doesn't it lol
>>
>> Emperor
>>
>
> --
> ________________________________________________________________________
> Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56  
> Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core,  
> Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version  
> 5.3.0, Apache
> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
> Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).
> ________________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
> End of Opensim-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 51
> *********************************************
>



Emperor Starfinder
Core Developer
Second Galaxy Development Team
http://www.secondgalaxy.com
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc groups

Melanie
Hi,

I'm referring to the support needed (methods in the client stack,
events) to allow this functionality to be made in Opensim core.

Melanie

On 26/01/2013 21:29, Emperor Starfinder wrote:

> @ Diva
>
> That is good news.  I look forward to hearing how that works.  We have  
> been hesitant to enable hypergrid until all the permissions issues are  
> resolved. (perhaps next version of hypergrid).
>
> @Melanie
>
> I assume by core you are referring to mementic core.  or are you  
> referring to the core groups module already in opensim itself. (looks  
> as though that is only skeleton though).
>
> Thanks
>
> Emperor
>
> Quoting [hidden email]:
>
>> Send Opensim-users mailing list submissions to
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> [hidden email]
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of Opensim-users digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>>    1. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>>       groups (Diva Canto)
>>    2. Re: Sending attachments in group notices using flotsam xmlrpc
>>       groups (InuYasha Meiji)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 23:44:19 -0800
>> From: Diva Canto <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
>> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
>> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> FYI the next release of the Diva Distro will have groups working with
>> attachments -- a limited version of groups, but completely functional
>> and including cross-world (HG) memberships. OpenSim has all the
>> necessary support. Flotsam groups is lacking a few non-trivial things in
>> order to support attachments.
>>
>> On 1/25/2013 6:00 PM, Melanie wrote:
>>> OpenSim does not handle these messages at all, it's all in the
>>> province of Flotsam. To wit, Avination has working attachments and
>>> no core changes were needed for that. Core's code is perfectly able
>>> to provide this feature.
>>>
>>> Melanie
>>>
>>> On 26/01/2013 01:55, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>>>> I maintain the XmlRpcGroupsServer at [1].  Not in a particularly  
>>>> active fashion but I do maintain current functionality
>>>> and as happy to look at any patches that people submit to that  
>>>> github project.  I can't comment on other versions of
>>>> that code.
>>>>
>>>> However, I don't think that the group IM attachment issue does not  
>>>> have anything to do with groups itself but is rather
>>>> due to some bug in the way that OpenSimulator is handling  
>>>> attachments to these messages.  I'm assuming that it's broken
>>>> - I haven't had a reason or an opportunity to take a look at that  
>>>> functionality myself.
>>>>
>>>> [1]  
>>>> https://github.com/mcortez/flotsam/tree/master/flotsam/Servers/XmlRpcGroupsServer/
>>>>
>>>> On 25/01/13 21:06, InuYasha Meiji wrote:
>>>>> Then you think I might be able to hope it will come with the new  
>>>>> 7.5 release soon.  I download the BIN version, and I
>>>>> don't compile it all myself.  Sourry if it sounds lazy, much  
>>>>> easier when working with only one eye.
>>>>>
>>>>> InuYasha
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On 1/25/2013 10:32 AM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>>>>> InuYasha
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I was using the old fltsam groups module but I am glad to know I  
>>>>>> am not the only one.  In fact i think the version you
>>>>>> cited is based off of that to as is the mementic version.  I am  
>>>>>> not to sure if there is really a currently maintained
>>>>>> version of groups compatible with opensim though I heard some  
>>>>>> where that the module from osgrid is up to date but
>>>>>> don't quote me on that as I don't remember who told me that.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> As for search I pulled the code from the forge and built it with  
>>>>>> the rest of my opensim code.  I of course have a few
>>>>>> tweaks to make my search instance run better but search does  
>>>>>> appear to be working correctly.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Emperor
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Opensim-users mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 02:59:31 -0500
>> From: InuYasha Meiji <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Sending attachments in group notices
>> using flotsam xmlrpc groups
>> Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> It is also oa great way to send notecards about an event.
>> BTW love the idea of a good currentcy Module, maybe one that shows your
>> amount on the top bar like LL does.  Not looking for anything tied into
>> real money or the bank in ral life.  I wish for game money for use in
>> role play, without haveing to add just another HUD of some kind.
>>
>> On 1/25/2013 9:41 PM, Emperor Starfinder wrote:
>>> Actually you do want the ability to send attachments in the group
>>> notices especially for those that use the module and want to get their
>>> grid up and running.  I might try to revisit this when I finish
>>> addressing our grid's currency module needs. But my recommendation is
>>> to review possibly what is causing this. It seems to be there in the
>>> groupsmodule cs scripts but as justin said I havent looked to see if
>>> that is broken some how.  It caught me off guard this morning for
>>> about a minute when I had two people tell me they tried to attach a
>>> landmark to group notices and it didn't work.
>>>
>>> Shows what little sleep does now doesn't it lol
>>>
>>> Emperor
>>>
>>
>> --
>> ________________________________________________________________________
>> Opensim User: In Gridmode  on Version 0.7.4. Nine Instances with 56  
>> Regions. on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad Core,  
>> Terabyte Hard Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version  
>> 5.3.0, Apache
>> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Vivox Voice and
>> Offline Messages all working. (Not yet Public, 10 user accounts so far).
>> ________________________________________________________________________
>>
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>>
>> End of Opensim-users Digest, Vol 65, Issue 51
>> *********************************************
>>
>
>
>
> Emperor Starfinder
> Core Developer
> Second Galaxy Development Team
> http://www.secondgalaxy.com
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users