Separate Robust instance for inventory....

Separate Robust instance for inventory....

BoneZ
Hi all,

I'm trying to separate my inventory server from the rest of my robust
services and cannot get this to work.
Can someone help me by providing samples of the robust.ini file for the
inventory instance of robust.exe and also a corresponding robust.ini
file for the standard robust.ini instance which will communicate with
the inventory instance?

Thank-you,
BoneZ

Re: Separate Robust instance for inventory....

BoneZ
Thanks for the links, I've tried for hours to get this to work
correctly..... but have failed.
I have an instance of MySQL running on one machine with an instance of
robust.exe running there with only the inventory services connector
initialized using port 8005.... started and running fine. Firewall is
open on that port as well.

I have a second machine which is running all other robust.ini service
connectors with default ports except for inventory and freeswitch(I am
not using this
). This robust instance starts with no errors. Firewall is open on all
of these ports as well.

I have a 3rd machine which is running a simulator instance where
gridcommon.ini points it to the first machine/port for the inventory and
second machine for all other robust services.
This region simulator starts up with no errors.

Using the 2nd machine/robust instance I am able to create an avatar and
everything seems fine... no errors, but upon trying to login to the
"Grid" I am unable to connect.
I get a failure; "The inventory service is not responding. Please notify
your login region operator".

When I check the robust instance on the 2nd machine, there is a message;
Login Failed Reason: Inventory Service Not Set up.

When I allow the 2nd machine to handle all robust services and point my
gridcommon.ini to that machine for all services I have no issues.

I have checked the first machine for the obvious; Closed Ports, etc....
I'm sure my problem is that I am a rookie at splitting these services
and do not know the correct settings.
I was hopeful someone else has already been successful with this and
would share their robust.ini files so that I could see where my mistakes
are.

Thanks.

Re: Separate Robust instance for inventory....

justincc
The login service does require access to a lot of other services but I didn't think it would be necessary to actually
have connectors for them active.

In your separate login service config, do you still have a section like

[LoginService]
; for the server connector
LocalServiceModule = OpenSim.Services.LLLoginService.dll:LLLoginService
; for the service
UserAccountService = OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.dll:UserAccountService
GridUserService = OpenSim.Services.UserAccountService.dll:GridUserService
AuthenticationService = OpenSim.Services.AuthenticationService.dll:PasswordAuthenticationService
InventoryService = OpenSim.Services.InventoryService.dll:XInventoryService
AvatarService = OpenSim.Services.AvatarService.dll:AvatarService
PresenceService = OpenSim.Services.PresenceService.dll:PresenceService
GridService = OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:GridServicesConnector
SimulationService = OpenSim.Services.Connectors.dll:SimulationServiceConnector
LibraryService = OpenSim.Services.InventoryService.dll:LibraryService
UserAgentService = OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.dll:UserAgentService
FriendsService = OpenSim.Services.FriendsService.dll:FriendsService

?  I believe this is the part that sets up internal services for the login service to access all the other bits of
OpenSimulator that it needs.  These internal services still need to connect to the database but do not have external
connectors if they are not set up in the [Startup] section.

It's also possible that there bugs and this is not working as it should.  Is it just adding the connectors back to
ServiceList (master only, I think) or ServiceConnectors (OpenSimulator 0.7.5 and earlier) that makes this work again?

On 13/07/13 17:54, BoneZ wrote:

> Thanks for the links, I've tried for hours to get this to work correctly..... but have failed.
> I have an instance of MySQL running on one machine with an instance of robust.exe running there with only the inventory
> services connector initialized using port 8005.... started and running fine. Firewall is open on that port as well.
>
> I have a second machine which is running all other robust.ini service connectors with default ports except for inventory
> and freeswitch(I am not using this
> ). This robust instance starts with no errors. Firewall is open on all of these ports as well.
>
> I have a 3rd machine which is running a simulator instance where gridcommon.ini points it to the first machine/port for
> the inventory and second machine for all other robust services.
> This region simulator starts up with no errors.
>
> Using the 2nd machine/robust instance I am able to create an avatar and everything seems fine... no errors, but upon
> trying to login to the "Grid" I am unable to connect.
> I get a failure; "The inventory service is not responding. Please notify your login region operator".
>
> When I check the robust instance on the 2nd machine, there is a message; Login Failed Reason: Inventory Service Not Set up.
>
> When I allow the 2nd machine to handle all robust services and point my gridcommon.ini to that machine for all services
> I have no issues.
>
> I have checked the first machine for the obvious; Closed Ports, etc.... I'm sure my problem is that I am a rookie at
> splitting these services and do not know the correct settings.
> I was hopeful someone else has already been successful with this and would share their robust.ini files so that I could
> see where my mistakes are.
>
> Thanks.

OSVW Consulting

Re: Separate Robust instance for inventory....

hack13
So... has anyone else made any headway on this?