Setting directory fee

Gudule Lapointe
Is there a way to set (more precisely to unset) the 30L$ price for "Show this place in search results"?

Actually, there is no fee applied, though L$30 / week fee appears in the land option. So users would avoid checking the option, thinking they would be billed for that.

I looked in source code and didn't find any place where this price is set.
I found a corresponding variable, DIRECTORY_FEE, in viewer code, but I didn't find where it is set.

--
Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse

Re: Setting directory fee

InuYasha Meiji
Just a quick Question:  you have search working to put a land to show up
in?  Must be on a special version or something.  Seems to me search no
longer works since all the viewers I have tried wants to load the SL
search web site.

InuYasha.

On 4/24/2012 11:48 AM, Gudule Lapointe wrote:

> Is there a way to set (more precisely to unset) the 30L$ price for
> "Show this place in search results"?
>
> Actually, there is no fee applied, though L$30 / week fee appears in
> the land option. So users would avoid checking the option, thinking
> they would be billed for that.
>
> I looked in source code and didn't find any place where this price is set.
> I found a corresponding variable, DIRECTORY_FEE, in viewer code, but I
> didn't find where it is set.
>

> --
> http://www.speculoos.net/
> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.3.1 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).

Re: Setting directory fee

Gudule Lapointe
Search is working fine on v1 viewers with ossearch module.

I would still love to know a way to override the default search page in v3 viewers, which seems to be hardcoded in viewer?

--

Le 24 avr. 2012 à 19:00, InuYasha Meiji a écrit :

[...]

Ohh OK, I thought since it was broken by that hard enoding that even the
ossearch wasnn't working so I didn't bother installing it.  I guess I
should then.  I also wish there was a way to over ride that web site to
SL page thing.  HINT to all you client creators, maybe you could detect
whether or not you are connected to a SL server or opensim somehow.

InuYasha.

On 4/24/2012 2:28 PM, Gudule Lapointe wrote:

> Search is working fine on v1 viewers with ossearch module.
>
> I would still love to know a way to override the default search page
> in v3 viewers, which seems to be hardcoded in viewer?
>

> --
> http://www.speculoos.net/
> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse
>
> Le 24 avr. 2012 à 19:00, InuYasha Meiji a écrit :
>
>> Just a quick Question:  you have search working to put a land to show
>> up in?  Must be on a special version or something.  Seems to me
>> search no longer works since all the viewers I have tried wants to
>> load the SL search web site.
>>
>> InuYasha.
>>

>> On 4/24/2012 11:48 AM, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
>>> Is there a way to set (more precisely to unset) the 30L$ price for
>>> "Show this place in search results"?
>>>
>>> Actually, there is no fee applied, though L$30 / week fee appears in
>>> the land option. So users would avoid checking the option, thinking
>>> they would be billed for that.
>>>
>>> I looked in source code and didn't find any place where this price
>>> is set.
>>> I found a corresponding variable, DIRECTORY_FEE, in viewer code, but
>>> I didn't find where it is set.
>>>

>>> --
>>> http://www.speculoos.net/
>>> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
>>> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse

>> --
>> Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.3.1 with 56 Regions
>> on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
>> Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
>> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
>> Offline Mesages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.3.1 with 56 Regions
on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM.  Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition.  Groups, Profiles, Voice and
Offline Mesages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).

Re: Setting directory fee

I would guess this is going to be implemented in an external search module if it is.

I don't believe there is currently any way to override the default search in v3.  BlueWall was working on a viewer patch
though I don't know how far he got with it.  He was even hoping to get it into the official viewer.

On 24/04/12 19:28, Gudule Lapointe wrote:

> Search is working fine on v1 viewers with ossearch module.
>
> I would still love to know a way to override the default search page in v3 viewers, which seems to be hardcoded in viewer?
>

> --
> http://www.speculoos.net/
> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse
>
> Le 24 avr. 2012 à 19:00, InuYasha Meiji a écrit :
>
>> Just a quick Question: you have search working to put a land to show up in? Must be on a special version or something.
>> Seems to me search no longer works since all the viewers I have tried wants to load the SL search web site.
>>
>> InuYasha.
>>

>> On 4/24/2012 11:48 AM, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
>>> Is there a way to set (more precisely to unset) the 30L$ price for "Show this place in search results"?
>>>
>>> Actually, there is no fee applied, though L$30 / week fee appears in the land option. So users would avoid checking
>>> the option, thinking they would be billed for that.
>>>
>>> I looked in source code and didn't find any place where this price is set.
>>> I found a corresponding variable, DIRECTORY_FEE, in viewer code, but I didn't find where it is set.
>>>

>>> --
>>> http://www.speculoos.net/
>>> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
>>> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse

>> --
>> Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.3.1 with 56 Regions
>> on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
>> Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM. Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
>> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition. Groups, Profiles, Voice and
>> Offline Mesages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).

http://justincc.org/blog

RE: Setting directory fee

Randy Pierce

Justincc, why can I no longer get the emails as they were in the past …. [Opensim-Users] at the lead of the subject??? Now I get the emails labeled [via opensim-users]. Is there a difference? If this is what we are now getting I can adjust my auto filer by address.

And for some reason the threads are coming across via nabble rather than the [hidden email] ….

Weird, can you enlighten me …

Changing the world - one prim at a time! The Insight Concepts Grid http://gcse.dyndns.org:8002

Re: Setting directory fee

justincc
I still get [Opensim-Users].

The Nabble address suggests that you are getting them by subscribing to the Nabble third-party service and not the
berlios.de mailman service that OpenSimulator uses, which are entirely separate.

On 25/04/12 01:19, Randy Pierce wrote:

> Justincc, why can I no longer get the emails as they were in the past …. [Opensim-Users] at the lead of the subject???
> Now I get the emails labeled [via opensim-users]. Is there a difference? If this is what we are now getting I can adjust
> my auto filer by address.
>
> And for some reason the threads are coming across via nabble rather than the [hidden email]
> </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7497846&i=0> ….
>
> Weird, can you enlighten me …

http://justincc.org/blog

Re: Setting directory fee

James Hughes
I am still working on it - but on the web server/OpenSim side of things
atm...

It looks like this label is hard coded in V3 ...
./indra/newview/skins/default/xui/en/floater_about_land.xml
              label="Show Place in Search (L$30/week)"

Would need to dig to see how the charges are determined and applied. I'm
guessing the user's account would be charged from the search
application. I will look into that next time I dive into the viewer code.

-BlueWall

On 04/24/2012 07:56 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> I would guess this is going to be implemented in an external search
> module if it is.
>
> I don't believe there is currently any way to override the default
> search in v3. BlueWall was working on a viewer patch though I don't know
> how far he got with it. He was even hoping to get it into the official
> viewer.
>
> On 24/04/12 19:28, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
>> Search is working fine on v1 viewers with ossearch module.
>>
>> I would still love to know a way to override the default search page
>> in v3 viewers, which seems to be hardcoded in viewer?
>>

>> --
>> http://www.speculoos.net/
>> secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/
>> Speculoos, the belgian cookie-flavored metaverse
>>
>> Le 24 avr. 2012 à 19:00, InuYasha Meiji a écrit :
>>
>>> Just a quick Question: you have search working to put a land to show
>>> up in? Must be on a special version or something.
>>> Seems to me search no longer works since all the viewers I have tried
>>> wants to load the SL search web site.

>>> --
>>> ________________________________________________________________
>>> Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.3.1 with 56 Regions
>>> on Windows 7, 64-bit. Phenom 9500 2.2 ghz Quad Core, Terabyte Hard
>>> Drive, 8gig DDR2 RAM. Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, Apache
>>> and MySQL 5.1.41-community edition. Groups, Profiles, Voice and
>>> Offline Mesages all working. (Not yet Public, 6 users allowed Now).

Re: Setting directory fee

Gudule Lapointe
On the other hand, in found (in Singularity code)

./indra/newview/llstartup.cpp
    tmp = LLUserAuth::getInstance()->getResponse("directory_fee");
if (!tmp.empty()) gHippoGridManager->getConnectedGrid()->setDirectoryFee(atoi(tmp.c_str()));
along with other login-transmitted values

But I don't know if this really specific to sing or hippo

I was about to try to add a custom value in OpenSim/Services/LLLoginService/LLLoginResponse.cs

    public class LLLoginResponse : OpenSim.Services.Interfaces.LoginResponse
    {
(…)
        public override Hashtable ToHashtable() {
(…)
responseData["directory_fee"] = ...;

Le 25 avr. 2012 à 14:23, James Hughes a écrit :

[...]

Checked. Only Singularity (and probably Hippo) is reading and displaying the custom directory_fee value.

Imprudence, Firestorm and SL Viewer v3 don't read it and use hard-coded string.

Maybe implementing it would incite other viewers to take this value in account…
For now, I'll just tell my users this fee is fictive.

--

Le 25 avr. 2012 à 16:09, Gudule Lapointe a écrit :

[...]

Warp3d maptile wrong.

R.Gunther
Installed today the new warp3d maptile module.
The problem is that rigt now 1 sim have a wrong maptile.
1it shows a tile that dont belong at all to that sim.
The sim is complete water with 1 boat on it. Not terrain etc.

How can i correct the maptile so i get the right one.
I see the same thing any times with wright plaza to.

Re: Warp3d maptile wrong.

Gudule Lapointe
I noticed some of my regions didn't come up with new tile at the first launch, but were updated later.

I have another question with warp3d: the regions set for sale are filled with a big yellow square (which is not the case with standard map tile). Is there a way to disable that?

On 2012-04-27 18:44, Gudule Lapointe wrote:
> I noticed some of my regions didn't come up with new tile at the first
> launch, but were updated later.
I see problem is solved here to... the now appear normal. Maby some note
on wiki would be usefull to.
Never made account on wiki :O

Re: Warp3d maptile wrong.

Michael Emory Cerquoni
Diva made some patches up for me this morning to address some of these issues, I will be posting a new OSgrid release soon, either tonight or tomorrow some time, if you update to master git though it should help to resolve some of these issues.

Michael Emory Cerquoni - Nebadon Izumi @ http://osgrid.org