Setting up groups

Gary Banham

[Groups]

    ;# {Enabled} {} {Enable groups?} {true false} false

    ;; Enables the groups module

     Enabled = true

    ;# {Module} {Enabled:true} {Groups module to use? (Use GroupsModule to use Flotsam/Simian)} {} Default

    ;; This is the current groups stub in Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Groups.

    ;; All the other settings below only really apply to the Flotsam/SimianGrid

    ;; GroupsModule.

    ;; This module can use a PHP XmlRpc server from the Flotsam project at

    ;; http://code.google.com/p/flotsam/

    ;; or from the SimianGrid project at http://code.google.com/p/openmetaverse

     Module = GroupsModule

    ;# {MessagingEnabled} {Module:GroupsModule} {Is groups messaging enabled?} {true false} true

     MessagingEnabled = true

    ;# {MessagingModule} {MessagingEnabled:true} {Module to use for groups messaging} {GroupsMessagingModule} GroupsMessagingModule

    MessagingModule = GroupsMessagingModule

    ;# {ServicesConnectorModule} {Module:GroupsModule} {Service connector to use for groups} {XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnector SimianGroupsServicesConnector} XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnector

    ;; Service connectors to the Groups Service as used in the GroupsModule.  Select one depending on

    ;; whether you're using a Flotsam XmlRpc backend or a SimianGrid backend

     ServicesConnectorModule = XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnector

    ;# {GroupsServerURI} {Module:GroupsModule} {Groups Server URI} {}

    ;; URI for the groups services

    ;; e.g. http://yourxmlrpcserver.com/xmlrpc.php for Flotsam XmlRpc

    ;; or http://mygridserver.com:82/Grid/ for SimianGrid

    GroupsServerURI = http://xxx.xx.xx.xx/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php

    ;# {NoticesEnabled} {Module:GroupsModule} {Enable group notices?} {true false} true

    ;; Enable Group Notices

     NoticesEnabled = true

    ;; This makes the Groups modules very chatty on the console.

    ; DebugEnabled = false

    ;; XmlRpc Security settings.  These must match those set on your backend

    ;; groups service if the service is using these keys

     XmlRpcServiceReadKey    = 1234

     XmlRpcServiceWriteKey   = 1234

this is the setup i amusing in the opensim ini file

GroupServerURI points to the root of my webserver on my machine that is where i placed the groups module from the floatsam project

basically from the XmlRpcGroupsServer file.

the only thing i found is you need a server that handles XMLRPC information

i found the wamp and lamp servers did not

I personally use the ZEND server comunity version but others use xamp as well

When i changed to the server it started to work with no problem

Hope this helps

Additionally i have managed to get profiles and some limited search to work as well

TC

Gary Banham

Re: Setting up groups

lppallew
Thanks Gary but still no luck.

A group gets created called new group in the groups pane, but i can not edit it or get into the info area to add members or roles.

In the console I noticed this error message:

 [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: An error has occured while attempting to access the XmlRpcGroups server method groups.getAgentGroupMemberships at http://localhost/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php
2011-08-20 15:06:59,044 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseHeader Detail=CR must be followed by LF   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

I have no idea what that means.

Wayne

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Gary Banham <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sometimes getting things to work can be very frustrating

GroupsServerURI = http://209.89.51.39/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php

I've set up a groups server on a small machine I have you are welcome to try to connect to it and check you Opensim configuration

make sure the Opensim is working then I'll try to walk you through the groups configuration

I'll keep this url live for a few days

on you server side I'll try to complete a list of things you need to do to set it up

TC

Gary

Re: Setting up groups

lppallew

Thank you very much.
I will definitely try it out and let you know.

Wayne

On Aug 20, 2011 6:02 PM, "Gary Banham" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sometimes getting things to work can be very frustrating
>
> GroupsServerURI = http://209.89.51.39/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php
>
> I've set up a groups server on a small machine I have you are welcome to try
> to connect to it and check you Opensim configuration
>
> make sure the Opensim is working then I'll try to walk you through the
> groups configuration
>
> I'll keep this url live for a few days
>

> on you server side I'll try to complete a list of things you need to do to
> set it up
>

> TC
>
> Gary

Re: Setting up groups

lppallew
Hi Gary,

I get the same error trying to access your server.

I'm out of ideas and sure hope you have a few.

Thanks,
Wayne

2011-08-21 08:10:48,701 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: An error has occured while attempting to access the XmlRpcGroups server method groups.getAgentActiveMembership at http://209.89.51.39/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php
2011-08-21 08:10:48,731 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: The operation has timed out   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
   at Nwc.XmlRpc.XmlRpcRequest.Send(String url, Int32 timeout)
   at OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule.XmlRpcCall(UUID requestingAgentID, String function, Hashtable param)
2011-08-21 08:10:48,736 ERROR - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]:
2011-08-21 08:10:48,741 WARN  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: RequestingAgentUserService ::
2011-08-21 08:10:48,746 WARN  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: RequestingSessionID :: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
2011-08-21 08:10:48,751 WARN  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: RequestingAgentID :: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
2011-08-21 08:10:48,755 WARN  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: AgentID :: c53546a1-7ead-47fb-8bb2-bead112704e2
2011-08-21 08:10:48,760 WARN  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: WriteKey :: 1234
2011-08-21 08:10:48,765 WARN  - OpenSim.Region.OptionalModules.Avatar.XmlRpcGroups.XmlRpcGroupsServicesConnectorModule [XMLRPC-GROUPS-CONNECTOR]: ReadKey :: 1234

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Gary Banham <[hidden email]> wrote:

Sometimes getting things to work can be very frustrating

GroupsServerURI = http://209.89.51.39/XmlRpcGroupsServer/xmlrpc.php

I've set up a groups server on a small machine I have you are welcome to try to connect to it and check you Opensim configuration

make sure the Opensim is working then I'll try to walk you through the groups configuration

I'll keep this url live for a few days

on you server side I'll try to complete a list of things you need to do to set it up

TC

Gary

Re: Setting up groups

Gary Banham

sorry Wayne it looks like my little computer rebooted and the default operating system was ubunto

I've reset it so please try again

make sure the groups configuration in your Opensim server ini file is the same as the one I sent you

and let me know if it still gives you the same error

again sorry

Microsoft likes to update I think too often

Gary

Re: Setting up groups

Gary Banham

ok i just checked it again and its back working

Gary

Re: Setting up groups

lppallew
Worked fine!!!

What's your secret?   lol

Wayne

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Gary Banham <[hidden email]> wrote:

ok i just checked it again and its back working

Gary

Re: Setting up groups

Gary Banham

I'm glad that worked it shows the Opensim config is good

I place the groups folder in the root of my http server

then direct my connection that way

what type of web server stack are you using

wamp  or xamp?

Gary

Re: Setting up groups

lppallew

I'm running iis7, don't have apache installed so I guess it's wamp without apache.

On Aug 21, 2011 10:10 AM, "Gary Banham" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm glad that worked it shows the Opensim config is good
>
> I place the groups folder in the root of my http server
>
> then direct my connection that way
>
> what type of web server stack are you using
>
> wamp or xamp?
>

> Gary

Re: Setting up groups

Gary Banham

I'm not familiar with iis I tried to play with it at one time and had difficulty getting some things to install

all I know is you need a good XMLRPC server to make the groups module work

I never could get it to with a wamp server stack

I use a ZEND server community addition its free

when I set up with that I had no problem

perhaps there is someone out there who is more familiar with iis7 that can give you better advice

TC

Gary

I'm running iis7, don't have apache installed so I guess it's wamp without apache.

On Aug 21, 2011 10:10 AM, "Gary Banham" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm glad that worked it shows the Opensim config is good
>
> I place the groups folder in the root of my http server
>
> then direct my connection that way
>
> what type of web server stack are you using
>
> wamp or xamp?
>

> Gary

Re: Setting up groups

lppallew
Hi Gary,

I installed ZEND and all is working!

Thanks for all your help.

Wayne

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Gary Banham <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm not familiar with iis I tried to play with it at one time and had difficulty getting some things to install

all I know is you need a good XMLRPC server to make the groups module work

I never could get it to with a wamp server stack

I use a ZEND server community addition its free

when I set up with that I had no problem

perhaps there is someone out there who is more familiar with iis7 that can give you better advice

TC

Gary

I'm running iis7, don't have apache installed so I guess it's wamp without apache.

On Aug 21, 2011 10:10 AM, "Gary Banham" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm glad that worked it shows the Opensim config is good
>
> I place the groups folder in the root of my http server
>
> then direct my connection that way
>
> what type of web server stack are you using
>
> wamp or xamp?
>

> Gary

Re: Setting up groups

Gary Banham

Awsome dude

TC

Gary

I'm running iis7, don't have apache installed so I guess it's wamp without apache.

On Aug 21, 2011 10:10 AM, "Gary Banham" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm glad that worked it shows the Opensim config is good
>
> I place the groups folder in the root of my http server
>
> then direct my connection that way
>
> what type of web server stack are you using
>
> wamp or xamp?
>

> Gary

Re: Setting up groups

lppallew
Gary,

Can you offer how you got profiles and search to work?

Thanks