Shutdown FreeSwitch Screen Instance per Script

Shutdown FreeSwitch Screen Instance per Script

Marian Schramm | liventura

Hello,

i try to shutdown the FreeSwitch Server witch is running in a "Screen" instance with a script ...

but the followingcommandline isn't working:

system("screen -S FreeSwitch-service -r -m -X quit");   (this is accomplished after I choose the shutdown item in the menu)

...although this is working for all other OpenSim Servers that are running in screen instances ...

thanks for help

Re: Shutdown FreeSwitch Screen Instance per Script

kusako
Hi Marian,

You don't have to run FreeSwitch in screen at all.
Just start it with freeswitch -nc and stop it with freeswitch -stop .

-markus

Zitat von "Marian Schramm | liventura" <[hidden email]>:

> Hello,
>
> i try to shutdown the FreeSwitch Server witch is running in a
> "Screen" instance with a script ...
> but the followingcommandline isn't working:
>
> system("screen -S FreeSwitch-service -r -m -X quit");   (this is
> accomplished after I choose the shutdown item in the menu)
>
> ...although this is working for all other OpenSim Servers that are
> running in screen instances ...
>
> thanks for help

> believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

voice enabled OpenSim/Freeswitch Amazon EC2 image available

Dirk Krause

we created a public image of an Amazon Machine Image (AMI) that has a preconfigured Freeswitch and OpenSim. Have fun!

More info here:

http://bit.ly/KPLm6

Best,

  Dirk