Shutdown options

Damon Hindermann
Hi All,

I've been looking over the server commands and I don't see something to either communicate to all the users in the regions or on the server or a way to set a shutdown timer.  I want to be able to warn people in the regions on my server that I will be restarting the server.

Is there a way to do that that I'm missing or has it not been implemented yet?  Is this a grid thing or an opensim server thing?

Re: Shutdown options

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
You could create a e.g Close.txt file in the \bin Directory and add acommand like

alert general this Region is Shutting down now !!! Please Move your prims out of Here now
Backup
shutdown

And call it from the console with the
command-script Close.txt command ..

Best regards
Wordfromthe Wise

Am 11.08.2010 um 17:36 schrieb "Damon Hindermann" <[hidden email]>:

Hi All,

I've been looking over the server commands and I don't see something to either communicate to all the users in the regions or on the server or a way to set a shutdown timer.  I want to be able to warn people in the regions on my server that I will be restarting the server.

Is there a way to do that that I'm missing or has it not been implemented yet?  Is this a grid thing or an opensim server thing?

Re: Shutdown options

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
Uups the backup can be also a
Save oar regionname.oar to Five them time to leave and also do a backup :-)

Best
Word

Am 11.08.2010 um 18:57 schrieb "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Ah!  So alert is a command and does exist.  Is there a better place that has a list of server commands than opensimulator.org/wiki/Server_Commands?

Re: Shutdown options

drwhiet@spacefriends.de

No .. that is the best source :-) or the console itself ..
just type in help ...
and btw. ALERT is the first command on the wiki ..

regards

Ah!  So alert is a command and does exist.  Is there a better place that has a list of server commands than opensimulator.org/wiki/Server_Commands?

Re: Shutdown options / Updated Wiki

drwhiet@spacefriends.de
But i must admit that this page needed an update .. So i edited
the 2 sections (General Server Commands and User Server Commands)
to reflect the newest functions of 0.6.9 ..  (didnt knew about the monitor report :-) ) ...

hope all of you can live with those updates ... if you find errors , Edit the Wiki
for yourself or let me know ..

best regards
Wordfromthe Wise

Ah!  So alert is a command and does exist.  Is there a better place that has a list of server commands than opensimulator.org/wiki/Server_Commands?

Re: Shutdown options / Updated Wiki

Damon Hindermann
Thanks for updating.

Too funny that I didn't see alert.  If it had been a snake, it would have bit me!

Damon Hindermann wrote:
>Ah!  So alert is a command and does exist.  Is there a better place that has
>a list of server commands than opensimulator.org/wiki/Server_Commands?

Damon, just type help in opensim.exe or robust.exe console to get a
reminder of server commands

alert is described there in its two syntax forms