SimianGrid question

core
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone is currently (and successfully) running
SimianGrid services with OS 0.7.3.x.  I've used Simian in the past
(circa 0.7.1) and then switched back to ROBUST for reasons I can't
recall.  I just attempted to set up Simian again with 0.7.3-extended and
ran into a few issues during login.  So, before going any further I
thought it wise to see if this combo even works and if so, how well.
I'm only running a 2x2 megaregion HG waypoint so scalability and
extended load management is not a priority.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

- core

Re: SimianGrid question

Mic Bowman
we use it for sciencesim.

there are some modifications to get HG working. not sure if they have
been pushed into the main simian distribution. i should check to make
sure all the fixes we made have been pushed back.

--mic

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:20 AM, core <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone is currently (and successfully) running
> SimianGrid services with OS 0.7.3.x.  I've used Simian in the past
> (circa 0.7.1) and then switched back to ROBUST for reasons I can't
> recall.  I just attempted to set up Simian again with 0.7.3-extended and
> ran into a few issues during login.  So, before going any further I
> thought it wise to see if this combo even works and if so, how well.
> I'm only running a 2x2 megaregion HG waypoint so scalability and
> extended load management is not a priority.
>
> Any feedback would be appreciated.
>
> - core

Re: SimianGrid question

core
Mic,

Thanks for the reply.  Silly me, I should have remembered SciSim was
where I first encountered Simian functioning in a real-world capacity.
Glad to hear it's still a viable option.  I look forward to any
updates/fixes that might help me push my setup along this path.

- core