Simudyne viewer on microsoft surface

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hello there,
I am very interested in the Simudyne viewer. I visited the product website and I came away wondering if the viewer is an optimized one for opensim in general that we can download and use for any grid. Am really craving for a good viewer that runs well on a tablet  ... or microsoft surface.
Let me know.
p.s As usual, sorry if I am out of the loop regarding basic stuff.
Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

Re: Simudyne viewer on microsoft surface

Chris M
I'm not sure about Simudyne (first I've heard of its existence) but Lumiya Viewer seems to work fairly well for me in the OpenSim environment. There is like a $2 or $3 USD charge for it but it's a one time fee for the app itself with free updates for life and no monthly fee. It does seem to be Android only though; I'm not sure if that helps with what you're looking for or not :) but I thought I'd throw that out there.

On 9/9/2013 3:11 PM, Dr Ramesh Ramloll wrote:
Hello there,
I am very interested in the Simudyne viewer. I visited the product website and I came away wondering if the viewer is an optimized one for opensim in general that we can download and use for any grid. Am really craving for a good viewer that runs well on a tablet  ... or microsoft surface.
Let me know.
p.s As usual, sorry if I am out of the loop regarding basic stuff.
Rameshsharma Ramloll PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Affiliate Research Associate Professor, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2 GHz
Memory: 11 GB DDR3
Database: MySQL 5.1.63 (x64)

Re: Simudyne viewer on microsoft surface

>From: Dr Ramesh Ramloll <[hidden email]>
>
>I am very interested in the Simudyne viewer. I visited the product website
>and I came away wondering if the viewer is an optimized one for opensim in
>general that we can download and use for any grid. Am really craving for a
>good viewer that runs well on a tablet  ... or microsoft surface.
>Let me know.

I spoke with Simudyne folks and the underlying viewer developer at
OSCC13 and here is some information and links about it in a blog post...

<http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/09/08/mobile-simudyne-viewer-for-microsoft-surface-pro/>http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2013/09/08/mobile-simudyne-viewer-for-microsoft-surface-pro/

Basically Simudyne have a desktop viewer based on Firestorm and a
Surface Pro viewer based on a new open source third party viewer
called Alchemy under development now.

Currently the Simudyne Grid and their development rid are the only
grids that can be selected and theer is no grid manager.  On the
suggestion of Simudyne I tried --loginuri but it does not work, as
the Alchemy viewer is branched off recent V3 code a I understand it.