Spacial OS

J Decker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lZNGU8bwGc

It would have been nice if this was more sort of the model OSGrid had
taken; I understand it was architected as a SL server emulator so it was
confined to behave like Secondlife but...

I would have expected the client/server tie to be less rigid such that it
could serve other purposes.  Not that OSGrid isn't totally amazing as it is

https://improbable.io/

Kind of a generic implementation of concepts in
https://books.google.com/books?id=x5dgQAAACAAJ&dq=developing+multiplayer+games&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjrvI-93uvWAhXKgVQKHTFCCyA4FBDoAQgtMAE

Re: Spacial OS

Mister Blue
When OpenSimulator was started 12+ years ago, the 'cloud' didn't exist and
architectural solutions like Improbable has developed were not in the
cards. Creating a new, modern architecture simulator would be an
interesting effort.