Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

aiaustin
Given the limit of 4K,4K on hyperjump distances it would seem that we
could do with some stable jump points to traverse the
hypergrid.  UCI's Gateway 3000 and Gateway 7000 proved very useful
for this on HG1.0.

We often have a gap down at the bottom end as a lot of people's grids
have regions located inin the 8K to 10K area. I wonder if we can
establish some fairly stable jump points on the popular grids which
essentially act as fast hop locations..

I have initially created two simple hyper jump locations on the
Openvue grid in case people want to test...

Vue-5000 at 5000,5000
      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-5000

Vue-9000 at 9000,9000
      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-9000

Our main region is Openvue

Openvue at 1000,1000
      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue

nebadon and terravus, would this be possible on OSGrid when/if you
move to HG1.5?

Diva, will the UCI grid be HG1.5 and have gateways for jumping along
to out of range regions again?

Perhaps the jump points could even be built with some common style of
interaction and appearance to make it easy to find the hypergates?
The UCI and Hypergate "stargate" styles work well for this. Even
better if some automatic location of other hypergates within reach
was automatically configured...   e.g. such as using kidd piko's
"Hypergates" web - http://www.thehypergates.com/

Imagues of the hypergates at Vue-5000 at
http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-1.jpg
http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-2.jpg

All hypernauts welcome. Ai

Re: Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

James Stallings II
One idea might be to reserve a common 'zone' for hypergrid accessible regions on any grid - then having jumped to one of these 'portal' regions, other destinations at the destination grid would then be broadly accessible on arrival :)

Cheers
James
SimHost.com

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Ai Austin <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Diva Canto
The UCI gateways are up & running with OpenSim 0.7.0.1 (HG1.5).
ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9003 (@3000, 3000)
ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9007 (@7000, 7000)

(It would be really nice if some viewer would fix this issue once and
for all...)

Ai Austin wrote:

> Given the limit of 4K,4K on hyperjump distances it would seem that we
> could do with some stable jump points to traverse the hypergrid.  UCI's
> Gateway 3000 and Gateway 7000 proved very useful for this on HG1.0.
>
> We often have a gap down at the bottom end as a lot of people's grids
> have regions located inin the 8K to 10K area. I wonder if we can
> establish some fairly stable jump points on the popular grids which
> essentially act as fast hop locations..
>
> I have initially created two simple hyper jump locations on the Openvue
> grid in case people want to test...
>
> Vue-5000 at 5000,5000
>      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-5000
>
> Vue-9000 at 9000,9000
>      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-9000
>
> Our main region is Openvue
>
> Openvue at 1000,1000
>      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue
>

> nebadon and terravus, would this be possible on OSGrid when/if you move
> to HG1.5?
>
> Diva, will the UCI grid be HG1.5 and have gateways for jumping along to
> out of range regions again?
>
> Perhaps the jump points could even be built with some common style of
> interaction and appearance to make it easy to find the hypergates? The
> UCI and Hypergate "stargate" styles work well for this. Even better if
> some automatic location of other hypergates within reach was
> automatically configured...   e.g. such as using kidd piko's
> "Hypergates" web - http://www.thehypergates.com/
>
> Imagues of the hypergates at Vue-5000 at
> http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-1.jpg
>
> http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-2.jpg
>

> All hypernauts welcome. Ai

Re: Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

Master_Mirage
We centered ours around 9000,9000 found most HG links work in that range. We havent gotten around to enabling HG just yet but in tests seems alot better now so we will comeout from behind our wall soon :)

As far as the 3000,3000 range, ill have to look at that as we are planning out another mainland soon anyway. We host our own regions (not adhock dependant). With the 3000,3000 + our 9000,9000 mainland we keep around ~160 regions up 24/7, less updates ect..

As we just switched to .7+ revs, were not quite ready to open the HG gates (still have some bugs to fix).

tnx
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

Re: Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

Paul Fishwick
I posted something on my favorite viewer's forum but perhaps more tech
info can be provided? I can post any response given her to that forum
if that helps. Here is the thread:

http://www.kirstensviewer.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=633&p=3047#p3047

-p

On 8/10/2010 10:18 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> The UCI gateways are up & running with OpenSim 0.7.0.1 (HG1.5).
> ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9003 (@3000, 3000)
> ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9007 (@7000, 7000)
>
> (It would be really nice if some viewer would fix this issue once and
> for all...)
>
> Ai Austin wrote:
>> Given the limit of 4K,4K on hyperjump distances it would seem that we
>> could do with some stable jump points to traverse the hypergrid.
>> UCI's Gateway 3000 and Gateway 7000 proved very useful for this on
>> HG1.0.
>>
>> We often have a gap down at the bottom end as a lot of people's grids
>> have regions located inin the 8K to 10K area. I wonder if we can
>> establish some fairly stable jump points on the popular grids which
>> essentially act as fast hop locations..
>>
>> I have initially created two simple hyper jump locations on the
>> Openvue grid in case people want to test...
>>
>> Vue-5000 at 5000,5000
>>      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-5000
>>
>> Vue-9000 at 9000,9000
>>      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-9000
>>
>> Our main region is Openvue
>>
>> Openvue at 1000,1000
>>      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Openvue
>>

>> nebadon and terravus, would this be possible on OSGrid when/if you
>> move to HG1.5?
>>
>> Diva, will the UCI grid be HG1.5 and have gateways for jumping along
>> to out of range regions again?
>>
>> Perhaps the jump points could even be built with some common style of
>> interaction and appearance to make it easy to find the hypergates?
>> The UCI and Hypergate "stargate" styles work well for this. Even
>> better if some automatic location of other hypergates within reach
>> was automatically configured...   e.g. such as using kidd piko's
>> "Hypergates" web - http://www.thehypergates.com/
>>
>> Imagues of the hypergates at Vue-5000 at
>> http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-1.jpg
>>
>> http://vue.ed.ac.uk/openvue/img/2010-08-10-Hypergrid15-Openvue-Vue-5000-2.jpg
>>

>> All hypernauts welcome. Ai

Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor
University of Florida
CISE Department, CSE 301
Gainesville, FL 32611
Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick

Re: Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

Bulli
In the past, I've created an Emerald-based viewer, which can also be used within OpenSim (http://www.tekstuff.net). I will do some research into this issue and see how easy it will be to get around the 4096 limit. If I do manage to find a fix, I'll inform this list.

Regards,

Bulli Schumann

Re: Stable Hyperjump points for the HG1.5 community?

Diva Canto
Sorry, I forgot...
With the conceptual changes that happened, the references to the
gateways now are:

ucigrid00.nacs.uci.edu:8002:Gateway 3000
ucigrid00.nacs.uci.edu:8002:Gateway 7000

In other words, the simulators themselves don't serve requests for
hyperlinking, like they used to; the gatekeeper does. On grids, the
Gatekeeper is running on the Robust server.

Unfortunately, this makes you hit a limitation with region name sizes,
which is 32 chars on the DB :-/ I'm fixing this. sigh.

Diva wrote:

>With the conceptual changes that happened, the references to the
>gateways now are:
>
>ucigrid00.nacs.uci.edu:8002:Gateway 3000
>ucigrid00.nacs.uci.edu:8002:Gateway 7000
>
>In other words, the simulators themselves don't serve requests for
>hyperlinking, like they used to; the gatekeeper does. On grids, the
>Gatekeeper is running on the Robust server.
>
>Unfortunately, this makes you hit a limitation with region name sizes,
>which is 32 chars on the DB :-/ I'm fixing this. sigh.

Got it, and I see the DB length errors when I try to do this with
13554.  Will install latest 0.0.0.1 post-fixes and set up things
tomorrow.  Your hyper jump points will be regions linked close by my
OpenVue and Vue-5000 gateways to make hoping about fast.

I plan to cluster the other major jump points around the Vue-5000 and
Vue-9000 jump points so people can click and go on the map.