Status of hop:// or SLurl equivalent in OpenSim?

Status of hop:// or SLurl equivalent in OpenSim?

Fleep Tuque
Hi all,

Trying to help some fellow metaverse travellers, can anyone point me to documentation or reference on the current status of hop:// or other SLurl-like equivalents for opensim?

Was there ever any consensus or decision about the best way to share hypergrid destination links including region names?

Thanks in advance!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (Avatar: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Research & Development, Innovation & Partnerships
UC Office of Information Technologies
University of Cincinnati
400 University Hall
PO Box 210658
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0658
(513) 556-3018

Re: Status of hop:// or SLurl equivalent in OpenSim?

R.Gunther
Best way for hypergrid is still copy the right line in map search. i never use url hypergridding, because it never worked.

Re: Status of hop:// or SLurl equivalent in OpenSim?

Stiofain MacTomais
hi Chris
Things seem to have broken lately here are results of recent tests we did on OSGrid.
It's  a real pain trying to invite people to events

Testing osgrid teleport links in chat
Using
Firestorm
Imprudence
Singularity
Tested on 3 different systems
1
Method
Open map copy slurl to clipboard paste in local chat window
Using firestorm to copy paste results in this link
hop://login.osgrid.org/Maritime%20Club%20Belfast/18/84/33
clicking with
firestorm
no region found with that name
singularity
link is plain text ie not underlined
imprudence
link is plain text ie not underlined
Using imprudence  to copy paste results in this link
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Maritime%20Club%20Belfast/30/83/33
clicking with
firestorm
No regions found with that name.
Singularity
Gives proper landmark
Imprudence
Gives proper landmark
Using singularity   to copy paste results in this link
https://osgrid/region/Maritime%20Club%20Belfast/12/85/33
clicking with
firestorm
offers to open  webpage
singularity
Gives proper landmark
Imprudence
Opens webpage
2
Using previously working links [the links I post in facebook etc]
hop://login.osgrid.org/Maritime%20Club%20Belfast/15/101/30
pasted using firestorm
results in this link
hop://login.osgrid.org/Maritime%20Club%20Belfast/15/101/30
clicking with
firestorm
No regions found with that name
Singularity
link is plain text ie not underlined
imprudence
link is plain text ie not underlined
pasted using singularity
results in this link
hop://login.osgrid.org/Maritime%20Club%20Belfast/15/101/30
clicking with
firestorm
No regions found with that name
Singularity
link is plain text ie not underlined
imprudence
link is plain text ie not underlined
pasted with imprudence
results in this link
imprudence
link is plain text ie not underlined

Re: Status of hop:// or SLurl equivalent in OpenSim?

>From: Fleep Tuque <[hidden email]>
>Trying to help some fellow metaverse travellers, can anyone point me to
>documentation or reference on the current status of hop:// or other
>SLurl-like equivalents for opensim?
>
>Was there ever any consensus or decision about the best way to share
>hypergrid destination links including region names?

Its "almost" working in Firestorm 4.6.1 Fleep... and you can use
hop:// externally to launcg Firestorm if its not running and prefill
in the location, if Firestorm is running clicking an external hop://
brings up the teleport dialogue, you can use hop:// forms in the top
address bar to jump to foreign grid destinations, and it works in IM
and text chat too.  When you jump between grids you get a clickable
return address in nearby chat.  Its almost all okay except that you
cannot use the hop to jump between regions on the SAME grid.

I set up a test page for hop:// links and my notes on what I think
OUGHT to work eventually (for use in the days when Cinders was
working on this as we did some testing on some of the nightly builds
and beta versions of FireStorm).  It includes notes on what I believe
is working now and in the various Firestorm versions...

http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~ai/hg.html

Re: Status of hop:// or SLurl equivalent in OpenSim?

Shane Waffle
Sorry for the hasted post but here are a few notes i have on it

Supported in Chat
singularity https://osgrid/region/Lani/128/128/37
firestorm hop://login.osgrid.org/Lani/128/128/37
cool vl https://osgrid/region/Lani/128/128/37

(not fully tested but those work for those viewers)

Re: Status of hop:// or SLurl equivalent in OpenSim?

M.E. Verhagen
I still use the old secondlife:// slurp format, that works in every viewer.
It would be cool if the hop:// would become a standard, but then it should also open the viewer from browsers and such