Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

LaeMing
Trying mucking about with Head but getting thwarted by:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't
exist

I verified the table is not present in my database. Can I get away with just
renaming the table that used to be used to store this data, and if so, what is
that table called (I can see two possible candidates)?

Thanx

Re: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Diva Canto
Hi,

Git master head is for testers and developers. Please don't post
questions regarding that code on this mailing list, lest suggesting
other users to use that code too -- a practice that we always
discouraged and are now actively and explicitly condemning. All
references to Git have now been removed from the Download page on the wiki.

To be very clear: users who don't have time or knowledge to help
identify and fix the quirks of the next release should not use git
master head; users who do, please use mantis and file *good* bug reports
- meticulous reports are immensely appreciated.

Thanks!

http://opensimulator.org/mantis/

Crista / Diva

LaeMing wrote:

> Trying mucking about with Head but getting thwarted by:
>
> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't
> exist
>
> I verified the table is not present in my database. Can I get away with just
> renaming the table that used to be used to store this data, and if so, what is
> that table called (I can see two possible candidates)?
>
> Thanx

Re: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Adelle Fitzgerald
Diva,

Please explain where this will leave OSgrid in the future. OSgrid has
always run head, or at least near to head for the purpose of testing
etc. I do understand the need for *good* bug reports, but I fear in this
happening will stop many hundreds of users from running head, and
basically change the role of OSgrid (a test grid) into something else.
Or is this what the devs want?

Adelle.

LaeMing wrote:
> Trying mucking about with Head but getting thwarted by:
>
> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts'
doesn't
> exist
>
> I verified the table is not present in my database. Can I get away
with just
> renaming the table that used to be used to store this data, and if so,
what is
> that table called (I can see two possible candidates)?
>
> Thanx

Re: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Adelle Fitzgerald
Also, where does one port questions on *that* code now?

Adelle.

LaeMing wrote:
> Trying mucking about with Head but getting thwarted by:
>
> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts'
doesn't
> exist
>
> I verified the table is not present in my database. Can I get away
with just
> renaming the table that used to be used to store this data, and if so,
what is
> that table called (I can see two possible candidates)?
>
> Thanx

Re: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Adelle Fitzgerald
Typo, should have been:

Also, where does one post questions on *that* code now?

LaeMing wrote:
> Trying mucking about with Head but getting thwarted by:
>
> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts'
doesn't
> exist
>
> I verified the table is not present in my database. Can I get away
with just
> renaming the table that used to be used to store this data, and if so,
what is
> that table called (I can see two possible candidates)?
>
> Thanx

Re: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Diva Canto
Adelle,

That's a great question.
I would hope that OSGrid continues to be the primary test grid for
OpenSim, and continues to run developers code. Although it's clear that
you guys who run the OSGrid services are 100% in sync with this, and you
are super-duper master testers!, it's also clear that many region
operators and users in OSGrid aren't -- there seems to be a lot of
frustration when things don't work well, a reaction that is not in sync
with the concept of being a tester helping squoosh bugs on the way to
the next release.

It's really up to you OSGrid operators and community to figure out what
you want OSGrid to be. Maybe it's time that you have a permanent beta
grid for the real testers ("will the real testers please stand up" :),
and another grid for everyone else.

Last time I talked about this with Nebadon (several months ago, when
OpenSim was very unstable and we had the big memory leak crack down), my
heart beamed with joy with Nebadon's determination in having OSGrid be
just one grid, and the main test grid. I will beam with joy again if
this continues.

Adelle Fitzgerald wrote:

> Diva,
>
> Please explain where this will leave OSgrid in the future. OSgrid has
> always run head, or at least near to head for the purpose of testing
> etc. I do understand the need for *good* bug reports, but I fear in this
> happening will stop many hundreds of users from running head, and
> basically change the role of OSgrid (a test grid) into something else.
> Or is this what the devs want?
>
> Adelle.

opensim-dev -- the IRC channel and the mailing list -- are the right
places for questions about developers code. (There isn't much difference
between testers and developers; good testers are as important to any
project as the people who actually write the code)

Adelle Fitzgerald wrote:

> Typo, should have been:
>
> Also, where does one post questions on *that* code now?

Marcus Llewellyn
I really, really love being able to use and test the latest features (and bugs) over on OSgrid. And since just about anyone can connect to OSgrid, policing a uniform simulator version is pretty difficult. Even with notices via the OSgrid web site, Twitter, etc, far too many sim operators fall through the cracks. For many OpenSim based grids that don't allow just anyone to connect, this is a non-issue, of course.

Perhaps it's time to consider a feature request for adding something to the grid services that queries simulators for their version, and refuses a connection to those that are incompatible. I imagine there being minimum and maximum version requirements, and a clear console/log message conveying those to a refused connection.

Seems to me that for those grids wishing to be more web-like in nature and less walled gardens, this could be pretty useful.

Marcus

Re: Table 'opensim.UserAccounts' doesn't exist

Master_Mirage
OSG 'Opensim Grid' has and will be the rock as it allways has. I run my own grid, have for a verry long time as a so called closed grid. Nether in anyway excuses us from contributing to the Opensimulator project as a whole. Closed grids are more than you may know. 1st of thay wholy depend on the content that makes it attractive, the walled part is to maintain the security of that content. It is in no way a GO AWAY WE DONT WANT YAH. We do and allways have and will contrib. to cause as best we can. We share whats relevant with core devs same as OSG. We spend as many hrs days.. bug hunting for the global project.
Plz dont mix apples and oranges when it comes to mode of operation.
Were all in the same boat we all do our part!
Git head is ment for Developent simple as that. I think theres some mixed messages to all this though. Ppl need a forum to talk about whatever mode or rev thay use. Its how we colaberate and sometimes as a group get things done. To suppress ANY feedback about any REV isant a good idea. Devs can ignore our chatter too, not suppress it.
If opensimulator as a project is to grow everyone should be able to talk about it. Its not a matter of beeing right or wrong, its about getting it done.

Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com