Thank you Mr Ubit.

Luisillo Contepomi
My mantis account has been banned by Ubit. Thanks Ubit for banning me
after I've collaborated as a tester since 2009. Time to rest.

I have collaborated with the project opensim and helped users long
before you arrived and I will continue to enjoy it after you leave
Mr.Ubit.

From now on I will enjoy the released distributions and I will not
worry about the development at all.

Just give you an advice. You have turned mantis into a support forum
and you will regret it.

Good hunting and long moons, Mr. Ubit.

--
Luisillo Contepomi

Re: Thank you Mr Ubit.

AJLDuarte
Hi,

 From http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462:

"...

(0034110) <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462#c34110>
Luisillo_Contepomi(reporter)
2019-02-02 11:07

Thank you for answer.
Forget it
I found the problem solved in file /bin/excuses
I will do manually the xml for npcs.

(0034111) <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462#c34111>
Luisillo_Contepomi(reporter)
2019-02-02 11:08

found solution in /bin/excuses

..."

    This is no collaboration, this is gross disrespect.

best regards,
Ubit

On 03-Feb-19 11:48, Luisillo Contepomi wrote:

> My mantis account has been banned by Ubit. Thanks Ubit for banning me
> after I've collaborated as a tester since 2009. Time to rest.
>
> I have collaborated with the project opensim and helped users long
> before you arrived and I will continue to enjoy it after you leave
> Mr.Ubit.
>
> >From now on I will enjoy the released distributions and I will not
> worry about the development at all.
>
> Just give you an advice. You have turned mantis into a support forum
> and you will regret it.
>
> Good hunting and long moons, Mr. Ubit.

Re: Thank you Mr Ubit.

Luisillo Contepomi
This is users list or developer lists?

Your" tested" answer to the problem that the textures saved in xml are
all bad was:

------------------------
"The avatar that is copied must be in region and fully baked.
Normal avatar bake textures are only present on current region cache
They can also be present on grid Xbakes service, but that is not used.
in fact this copy should change in future to require not only express
permission by the subject of it but also his copy rights of base
textures."
----------------

I really found best answers in in /bin/excuses
All the lines of your answer are obvious! for this is reported to mantis!

A command is creating a completely useless xml file that will only be
discovered when the viewer cache is cleaned. All users see bad but you
see well.

But do not worried.It is no longer necessary to correct the bug, I
have made a script that verifies the uuid of the textures in all the
files after having created them
Best regards,
Luisillo

El dom., 3 feb. 2019 a las 13:29, Leal Duarte (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
>  From http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462:
>
> "...
>
> (0034110) <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462#c34110>
> Luisillo_Contepomi(reporter)
> 2019-02-02 11:07
>
> Thank you for answer.
> Forget it
> I found the problem solved in file /bin/excuses
> I will do manually the xml for npcs.
>

> (0034111) <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462#c34111>
> Luisillo_Contepomi(reporter)
> 2019-02-02 11:08
>
> found solution in /bin/excuses
>
> ..."
>

>     This is no collaboration, this is gross disrespect.
>
> best regards,
> Ubit
>

> On 03-Feb-19 11:48, Luisillo Contepomi wrote:
> > My mantis account has been banned by Ubit. Thanks Ubit for banning me
> > after I've collaborated as a tester since 2009. Time to rest.
> >
> > I have collaborated with the project opensim and helped users long
> > before you arrived and I will continue to enjoy it after you leave
> > Mr.Ubit.
> >
> > >From now on I will enjoy the released distributions and I will not
> > worry about the development at all.
> >
> > Just give you an advice. You have turned mantis into a support forum
> > and you will regret it.
> >
> > Good hunting and long moons, Mr. Ubit.

Re: Thank you Mr Ubit.

Luisillo Contepomi
Esqueça esse assunto, não é importante. Obrigado por tudo
Saudações cordiais
Luisillo Contepomi

El dom., 3 feb. 2019 a las 13:29, Leal Duarte (<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
>  From http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462:
>
> "...
>
> (0034110) <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462#c34110>
> Luisillo_Contepomi(reporter)
> 2019-02-02 11:07
>
> Thank you for answer.
> Forget it
> I found the problem solved in file /bin/excuses
> I will do manually the xml for npcs.
>

> (0034111) <http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=8462#c34111>
> Luisillo_Contepomi(reporter)
> 2019-02-02 11:08
>
> found solution in /bin/excuses
>
> ..."
>

>     This is no collaboration, this is gross disrespect.
>
> best regards,
> Ubit
>

> On 03-Feb-19 11:48, Luisillo Contepomi wrote:
> > My mantis account has been banned by Ubit. Thanks Ubit for banning me
> > after I've collaborated as a tester since 2009. Time to rest.
> >
> > I have collaborated with the project opensim and helped users long
> > before you arrived and I will continue to enjoy it after you leave
> > Mr.Ubit.
> >
> > >From now on I will enjoy the released distributions and I will not
> > worry about the development at all.
> >
> > Just give you an advice. You have turned mantis into a support forum
> > and you will regret it.
> >
> > Good hunting and long moons, Mr. Ubit.

Re: Thank you Mr Ubit.

Ethan Gardener
> "The avatar that is copied must be in region and fully baked.

*sigh* I wasn't privy to the communication which caused the upset here, but that one line is worthy of comment.  One consistent, long-standing 'feature' of these SL-related virtual worlds is that you cannot be sure of how you appear to others; you cannot be sure your avatar is fully baked.  If code is generating something incorrectly based on something the user cannot easily or reasonably verify, isn't that a bug?  I understand it may be impractical to fix the bug, and I understand some users may be all too pushy, (it's because they're frustrated,) but the course of wisdom is very much *not* for the devs to respond in a way that makes them seem right all along.  A small apology for the difficulty would be appropriate, perhaps along with an honest excuse that the bug is hard to fix.  (Often true!)  It would also be sensible to place a warning into documentation for the code, although that is harder with all the independently-produced tutorials.  Perhaps, if it's a console comm
 and, it could respond with a brief warning to clear your cache to check the results.

Re: Thank you Mr Ubit.

Luisillo Contepomi
Yes Ethan,
But all we, users of opensim are advanced users.  Is not a easy
technology and for this i am thank to the developers all this years.

This is not a big problem or bug because is easy verify the file If
all textures are "c228d1cf-4b5d-4ba8-84f4-899a0796aa97" file must go
to trash because is unusuable.

You order the command when you see your avatar perfectly load. and
then you see perfect the npc by much time (weeks ) meanwhile you do
not clean your viewer cache. No alerts or errors when is doing the
xml. Is a perfect and unusable xml file for the future use.
But I understand is not a bug. It is as it is and I accept it. It is a
finished matter.
I remember when all prims must be ghost or you can not enter in a
house!, in a few years it will be solved and while it can be verified
manually or by script.
Please forget the matter, it's not worth being angry at something so
insignificant and easily resolved
--
Luisillo Contepomi

El dom., 3 feb. 2019 a las 14:39, Ethan Gardener
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> > "The avatar that is copied must be in region and fully baked.
>
> *sigh* I wasn't privy to the communication which caused the upset here, but that one line is worthy of comment.  One consistent, long-standing 'feature' of these SL-related virtual worlds is that you cannot be sure of how you appear to others; you cannot be sure your avatar is fully baked.  If code is generating something incorrectly based on something the user cannot easily or reasonably verify, isn't that a bug?  I understand it may be impractical to fix the bug, and I understand some users may be all too pushy, (it's because they're frustrated,) but the course of wisdom is very much *not* for the devs to respond in a way that makes them seem right all along.  A small apology for the difficulty would be appropriate, perhaps along with an honest excuse that the bug is hard to fix.  (Often true!)  It would also be sensible to place a warning into documentation for the code, although that is harder with all the independently-produced tutorials.  Perhaps, if it's a console comm
>  and, it could respond with a brief warning to clear your cache to check the results.

Re: Thank you Mr Ubit.

Teravus Ovares
A side note, at least when I was working on OpenSimulator there /was/ a
file named excuses.   It was used as a script to pick random things for bot
avatar to say.    I suspect it may still be in the distribution.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 6:03 AM Luisillo Contepomi <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes Ethan,
> But all we, users of opensim are advanced users.  Is not a easy
> technology and for this i am thank to the developers all this years.
>
> This is not a big problem or bug because is easy verify the file If
> all textures are "c228d1cf-4b5d-4ba8-84f4-899a0796aa97" file must go
> to trash because is unusuable.
>
> You order the command when you see your avatar perfectly load. and
> then you see perfect the npc by much time (weeks ) meanwhile you do
> not clean your viewer cache. No alerts or errors when is doing the
> xml. Is a perfect and unusable xml file for the future use.
> But I understand is not a bug. It is as it is and I accept it. It is a
> finished matter.
> I remember when all prims must be ghost or you can not enter in a
> house!, in a few years it will be solved and while it can be verified
> manually or by script.
> Please forget the matter, it's not worth being angry at something so
> insignificant and easily resolved
> --
> Luisillo Contepomi
>
> El dom., 3 feb. 2019 a las 14:39, Ethan Gardener
> (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
> >
> > > "The avatar that is copied must be in region and fully baked.
> >
> > *sigh* I wasn't privy to the communication which caused the upset here,
> but that one line is worthy of comment.  One consistent, long-standing
> 'feature' of these SL-related virtual worlds is that you cannot be sure of
> how you appear to others; you cannot be sure your avatar is fully baked.
> If code is generating something incorrectly based on something the user
> cannot easily or reasonably verify, isn't that a bug?  I understand it may
> be impractical to fix the bug, and I understand some users may be all too
> pushy, (it's because they're frustrated,) but the course of wisdom is very
> much *not* for the devs to respond in a way that makes them seem right all
> along.  A small apology for the difficulty would be appropriate, perhaps
> along with an honest excuse that the bug is hard to fix.  (Often true!)  It
> would also be sensible to place a warning into documentation for the code,
> although that is harder with all the independently-produced tutorials.
> Perhaps, if it's a console comm
> >  and, it could respond with a brief warning to clear your cache to check
> the results.

Re: Thank you Mr Ubit.

Han Held
Just pulled the latest version from github. It's still there in bin/excuses