The Dark Side! JVWR Call for Papers & Editors

The Dark Side! JVWR Call for Papers & Editors

The Journal for Virtual Worlds Research
*DARK SIDE Evil within Virtual Worlds*
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=b62ea70bcf&e=ed7c236dba>
*Call for Papers and Editors*

Evil – the intentions, motivations, forces or actions with malevolence,
immorality, badness, wrongness, or harmfulness which are inflicted against
humanity. How do evil and darkness manifest themselves in virtual worlds?
This is the topic of this special issue.

The *Dark Side* issue is for papers highlighting the interesting topic of
how, why, and in what ways Augmented and Virtual Worlds are associated with
so-called evil or wickedness or with dark intentions.

Authors and researchers keen on this subject are invited to submit directly
to the ‘Dark Side’ issue and should do so by adding the words “submitted
for the Dark Side” in the “Comments for Editor” on the 1st step of the
submission process.
*Possible topics include, but are not limited to:*
Evil or dark behaviors
Concepts of evil, immorality, corruption, malevolence
Motives, intentions, forces
*Submission instructions*
Authors are invited to submit original scholarly papers of 3000-5000 words
including footnotes, references, and appendices. Interested authors should
submit a full paper by the deadline indicated below. All submissions should
be made via the JVWR publishing system – see https://jvwr.net/for-authors/
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=1d0ad92f86&e=ed7c236dba>
for instructions. All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers
will be published online in Volume 13, Number 1 (2020) of the Journal.

*Deadlines and Timetable*
*November 15, 2019*: Authors submit full papers
*December 20, 2019*: Editors final decision
*January 25, 2020*: Authors submit final revision
*February 25, 2020*: Camera-ready
*March 2020*: Publication
www.jvwr.net
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=84b7b9aa97&e=ed7c236dba>

*Editors*
The journal (#theJVWR) is also looking for 1-3 co-editors (you can join as
a group) to lead the Dark Side issue (2020) due for publication in 2020 Q1.

The issue editors role includes assigning reviews, supporting the
publication process, and communication throughout.

If you have an interest and background in this area please send your CV and
supporting documents to [hidden email].

Based on 10-15 submissions you will:

   - Review and decide on full papers.
   - Coordinate with reviewers.
   - Use our publication system and tools— extensively (be also versed with
   Google docs, Skype, Zoom, and other current tools.)
   - Be a deadline-targeted & an organized person.
   - Get academic credit as an editor.

Click for more details
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=986e98acb6&e=ed7c236dba>
More from JVWR

Our community has responded nicely to our recent call for reviewers. New
people have arrived but also veteran subscribers and authors have asked to
join our reviewers' community.

Check our call here
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=736856a7d7&e=ed7c236dba>
- it is still relevant.

*If you have the time and the drive to influence - join in!*

.
[image: Twitter]
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=56b2bccb51&e=ed7c236dba>
[image: Facebook]
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=f64532bf0a&e=ed7c236dba>
[image: Website]
<https://jvwr.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=211bc5cc0ddefc56445b59ade&id=9b10c832d9&e=ed7c236dba>
*Copyright © 2019 Journal of Virtual Worlds Research, All rights reserved.*