The rest of the line is..

Master_Mirage
I have had a few cool ppl ask about how i was changing the Mysql Port numbers in the opensim.ini ect.
The answer is, theres is a bit more to the connection string than some may not know about.
It use to be there when we ran UGAIM vrs todays ROBUST.
Why it's ommited now im not shure.
Normaly the connection string is: storage_connection_string="Data Source=10.x.x.x;Database=opensim;User ID=yours;Password=yours;";

But the missing stuff is : storage_connection_string="Data Source=10.x.x.x;Database=opensim;User ID=yours;Password=yours;pooling=false; port=3306;"

In this case to use another portnumber than 3306, this additional bit lets me set it to whatever port i want.
In my case i needed it back in for 2 reasions. The 1st beeing using mysql via proxy but the main one is to add yet another level of security. Port 3306 is too well knowen and this lets you set it to something only you know. (no point in making things easy for the bad guys lol).

This info is in the wiki btw. Kinda hard to find though.

The other bit about connection pooling is my question really. From what i gather in someway it helps performance. Im really not clear as in what way. Anyway i tryed it bothways and really dont see any differeance but i may not be looking at the right stats ether. Perhaps someone out there can shed a bit more light on 'connection pooling' for me.

Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

Re: The rest of the line is..

Master_Mirage
Error the string is storage_connection_string="Data Source=10.x.x.x;Database=opensim;User ID=yours;Password=yours;pooling=false; port=3306;";   (last semicolen got cut off).
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com