The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Opensimfan
Question:

for Hypergrid we have Robust.HG.ini Right?  and Robust.ini  for no-Hypergrid (i think) how can make opensim look (and load) at Robust.ini ?  


thanks...
_________________________________________
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Marck-2
DutchGlory wrote:
>
> Question:
>
> for Hypergrid we have Robust.HG.ini Right?  and Robust.ini  for no-Hypergrid
> (i think) how can make opensim look (and load) at Robust.ini ?
>
>
> thanks...
>
See http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7_Release#Grid_Deployments:

Robust.exe -inifile=Robust.ini
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Opensimfan
thanks Marck-2,

I know how to startup robust with robust.ini. But Opensimulator does nothing with it.  
With Hypergrid setup, it works great. See here. http://pastebin.mozilla.org/750033 (at the bottom)
with no-hypergrid you should see something that opensimulator "looks" at ROBUST

I still don't know why..
_________________________________________
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Diva Canto
I can't understand what you are saying; but OpenSim has nothing to do
with Robust or its configuration files, they are two different servers,
with or without hypergrid. OpenSim does not "look" at Robust, ever.

(btw the log you showed has non-standard configuration. The out of the
box config has only 2 ports, not 4.)

On 7/17/2010 11:32 AM, DutchGlory wrote:

> thanks Marck-2,
>
> I know how to startup robust with robust.ini. But Opensimulator does nothing
> with it.
> With Hypergrid setup, it works great. See here.
> http://pastebin.mozilla.org/750033 (at the bottom)
> with no-hypergrid you should see something that opensimulator "looks" at
> ROBUST
>
> I still don't know why..
>
>    

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Master_Mirage
In reply to this post by Opensimfan
Actualy its not that hard. There are setting to tell robust what one to load but. Taking both and loading them into notepad ++ where it will do a file dif. it can easly be made as one. The problem is you need to know what to comment out or not. I made them both as one ini and robust works fine though not as user friendly. I got to a point i can use the combined file and switch modes in 5min.
To load them sep. means you have to tell robust at lauch time what one to use. I use to do that in win with a batch file where i define what one to use.
Both ways work fine, just a matter of how you need to lauch robust and whats correct for your need's.
I tend to change things alot so i cheated and made a more complex robust ini thats able to ether thing.

tnx
Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Opensimfan
In reply to this post by Diva Canto
whell opensim DOES work with ROBUST.  When you log in to your region, ROBUST is checking authentication and user account (to see if user has authorisation to tp to that region), checks if region exists and sends result back to opensim.

....
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: Request to login foreign agent Melnik OpenSim @ http://127.0.0.1:9000 (92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3) at destination Tarja Turunen Island
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: Verifying http://127.0.0.1:9002 against http://127.0.0.1:9002
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: Identity verified for Melnik OpenSim @ http://127.0.0.1:9000
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: User is ok
OpenSim.Services.PresenceService.PresenceService [PRESENCE SERVICE]: LoginAgent 92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3 with session 89c6aeac-1551-4af0-91c1-416a738195b9 and ssession 3c5baa64-1fcb-4071-bc62-b385fdc9a2cb
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: Login presence ok
OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: destination ok: Tarja Turunen Island
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Posted CreateAgent request to remote sim http://127.0.0.1:9000/agent/92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3/, region Tarja Turunen Island, x=77056 y=77056
OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: DoCreateChildAgentCall reply was {"success":true}
....

i think this was the idea for opensim to work with ROBUST. If opensim doesn't work with ROBUST, its useless. the same should apply for no-hypergrid setup, check authentication, check region (if exits) and start teleport. You can even add assets and inventory authentication to ROBUST. (not implemented yet)

in my setup i only changed all "800x" ports to "900x".  "800x" is used for grid mode (or should be)  and "900x" for stand-alone.  keeping grid mode and stand-alone separate.  
I will test with standard (.example) configuration, to see how this goes.


thanks
_________________________________________
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Marck-2
DutchGlory wrote:

>
> whell opensim DOES work with ROBUST.  When you log in to your region, ROBUST
> is checking authentication and user account (to see if user has
> authorisation to tp to that region), checks if region exists and sends
> result back to opensim.
>
> ....
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Request to login foreign agent Melnik OpenSim @ http://127.0.0.1:9000
> (92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3) at destination Tarja Turunen Island
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Verifying http://127.0.0.1:9002 against http://127.0.0.1:9002
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Identity verified for Melnik OpenSim @ http://127.0.0.1:9000
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> User is ok
> OpenSim.Services.PresenceService.PresenceService [PRESENCE SERVICE]:
> LoginAgent 92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3 with session
> 89c6aeac-1551-4af0-91c1-416a738195b9 and ssession
> 3c5baa64-1fcb-4071-bc62-b385fdc9a2cb
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Login presence ok
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> destination ok: Tarja Turunen Island
> OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
> SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Posted CreateAgent request to remote sim
> http://127.0.0.1:9000/agent/92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3/, region
> Tarja Turunen Island, x=77056 y=77056
> OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
> SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: DoCreateChildAgentCall reply was {"success":true}
> ....
>
> i think this was the idea for opensim to work with ROBUST. If opensim
> doesn't work with ROBUST, its useless. the same should apply for
> no-hypergrid setup, check authentication, check region (if exits) and start
> teleport. You can even add assets and inventory authentication to ROBUST.
> (not implemented yet)
>
> in my setup i only changed all "800x" ports to "900x".  "800x" is used for
> grid mode (or should be)  and "900x" for stand-alone.  keeping grid mode and
> stand-alone separate.
> I will test with standard (.example) configuration, to see how this goes.
>
>
> thanks

I am sorry, but I still do not understand what your actual question/problem is.

I think there might be a profund misunderstanding on your side about the difference between an OpenSim standalone setup and an OpenSim grid setup.

A standalone setup does not use ROBUST, only a grid setup does.

A standalone setup neither refers to Robust.ini nor to Robust.HG.ini in any way. A standalone setup only runs OpenSim.exe which reads OpenSim.ini and the included files in directory "config-include".

A grid setup runs both OpenSim.exe and Robust.exe. OpenSim.exe only runs the actual region(s) and reads its configuration from OpenSim.ini. In addition, Robust.exe provides the basic simulator services that every region uses, like managing assets, inventory, users, messaging etc. Robust.exe reads its configuration either from Robust.ini or from Robust.HG.ini (in OpenSimulator release 0.7).

HyperGrid is an option for both standalone setups and grid setups. It must be configured in the appropriate configuration files that the different setups use.

Maybe you can rephrase your question and make clear what you actually mean when you say "ROBUST" (the executable Robust.exe, one or several ROBUST services, or one of the configuration files Robust.ini and Robust.HG.ini?) and "opensim" (the exectutable OpenSim.exe, or the configuration file OpenSim.ini?).
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Diva Canto
In reply to this post by Opensimfan
Standalone uses one TCP port only, default 9000. That's true for HG
standalone too.
Robust-based grids, by default, use two ports only: 8002, meant to be
outside the firewall facing the world; and 8003, meant to be inside the
firewall facing the simulators only.

These are the defaults that come in the .example files. People can
deviate from the defaults, but you really need to know what you're doing.
In any case, do not reuse old .ini files when upgrading to 0.7.

On 7/18/2010 12:05 AM, DutchGlory wrote:

> whell opensim DOES work with ROBUST.  When you log in to your region, ROBUST
> is checking authentication and user account (to see if user has
> authorisation to tp to that region), checks if region exists and sends
> result back to opensim.
>
> ....
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Request to login foreign agent Melnik OpenSim @ http://127.0.0.1:9000
> (92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3) at destination Tarja Turunen Island
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Verifying http://127.0.0.1:9002 against http://127.0.0.1:9002
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Identity verified for Melnik OpenSim @ http://127.0.0.1:9000
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> User is ok
> OpenSim.Services.PresenceService.PresenceService [PRESENCE SERVICE]:
> LoginAgent 92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3 with session
> 89c6aeac-1551-4af0-91c1-416a738195b9 and ssession
> 3c5baa64-1fcb-4071-bc62-b385fdc9a2cb
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> Login presence ok
> OpenSim.Services.HypergridService.GatekeeperService [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]:
> destination ok: Tarja Turunen Island
> OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
> SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: Posted CreateAgent request to remote sim
> http://127.0.0.1:9000/agent/92b58fcb-d33b-4957-a46d-a6414cf93bb3/, region
> Tarja Turunen Island, x=77056 y=77056
> OpenSim.Services.Connectors.Simulation.SimulationServiceConnector [REMOTE
> SIMULATION CONNECTOR]: DoCreateChildAgentCall reply was {"success":true}
> ....
>
> i think this was the idea for opensim to work with ROBUST. If opensim
> doesn't work with ROBUST, its useless. the same should apply for
> no-hypergrid setup, check authentication, check region (if exits) and start
> teleport. You can even add assets and inventory authentication to ROBUST.
> (not implemented yet)
>
> in my setup i only changed all "800x" ports to "900x".  "800x" is used for
> grid mode (or should be)  and "900x" for stand-alone.  keeping grid mode and
> stand-alone separate.
> I will test with standard (.example) configuration, to see how this goes.
>
>
> thanks
>    

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Opensimfan
In reply to this post by Marck-2
sorry for being annoying

if you use MySQLite, your right, robust is not used. but with MySQL you need robust or else you cant login to you region.
(stand alone and grid mode) In my case anyway...

here are my ini files OPENSIM-MYSQL-HG.  for 0.7 Post-fixes check paths and connection-strings if you want to test...

I tought that robust was for both (stand-alone and grid) setup, replacing the previous "UGAIM"

I will keep "playing" with config files to find the best setup..
thanks
_________________________________________
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: The use of "Robust.ini" (not Robust.HG.ini)

Bulli
Standalone means that ALL services UGAIM *and* Region are run from 1 executable.

When you're creating a grid, it basically means that you're pulling out the UGAIM services. In the past, these used to be inidvidual executables, but with the modifications of the last months (year?), these individual services can now be combined into a single executable. This 'combining' of services is done by creating the right configuration file. Obviously, there are example configuration files available for this.

There is no direct relationship between MySQL and the way you set up OpenSimulator. You can build a standalone OpenSim instance using MySQL as easy as you can build a OpenSim grid with MySQL as database server.

If you're having problems logging into your standalone region when using MySQL, then you're most probably suffering from some misconfiguration.

So yes, I think you can say that ROBUST is replacing the former UGAIM servers, but NOT for a standalone OpenSim setup (as that just doesn't make sense). UGAIM has never been used as external executables in a standalone setup either.

Regards,

Bulli Schumann.

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users