This will NEVER go away

12

Re: This will NEVER go away

justincc
Charles Krinke wrote:
> As I understand some of the "groups" stuff being worked on, there are
> one or two projects in the forge concerned with groups and one or two
> implementations being worked on.
>
> It seems to me that the trick is going to be getting to where we can
> start testing even a small part of a "groups" implementation on various
> grids.

Yes.  I think it would be really good to bring some of this code into core, or make a clear nomination of where people
can work on it.  Either way, we need a focus for this.  Even partial, non-working or incomplete code would be a good start.

> Also, as I understand it, one of the issues is that "groups" messages
> are going to have to be "stored and forwarded" in a MySQL database to
> handle the case where a group message needs to go to an avatar that is
> not currently logged in.
>
> Charles

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com

Re: This will NEVER go away

Ruud Lathrop
Charles can we put the group talk on a separate mail thread. Group is a important part of OS that is currently missing and especially for social networks a important part.

Ruud

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Teravus Ovares <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good luck with that.   Persuing that is about as smart as this:
http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=4130226&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

Best Regards

Teravus

On 4/3/09, Thom King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I asure you this is not a "joke".  We are absolutely deadly serious.  We
> will prosecute this criminal act of malicious code to the fullest extent of
> Federal, National, and International law.

12