Trouble saving scripts (Fred)

Fred Beckhusen
Trouble saving scripts: I have this, too.    Does anyone know of a
Mantis for this type of issue?

I always have trouble saving scripts on the LAN and localhost, but not
via the WAN.  I am pretty much forced by all the irritating timeouts to
work on complex scripts in LSLEDitor first, then SL, and only then bring
it in to Opensim when done.

Standalone Grid, no external robust, Git master, Windows 7, FIOS 50/50
network and router.  CPU is at 2% load.  Firestorm or Singularity 64
bit, on a Alienware/Nvidia GT970  or the server itself.

I have been blaming my own local grid problems on LAN vs WAN.   But that
is too simple to be it, as it happens when I run the viewer on the
server, too.     It takes 2 to 10 (or more times) before they save. Same
thing for uploads such as mesh or images.   Sometimes it works, usually
not.  I would guess I get an script or image loaded first time less than
20% of the time.    It is as if the server never heard from the viewer
to begin comm.   I wait a few seconds, hit a space, save, wait, type a
space, save over and over until it finally does save.

But I can remote out to another computer at work or at a friends, log
on, and it works much more reliably, almost every time.    Bulk uploads
are useless to me locally, as it will fail on the 1st or 2nd item almost
every time.  So I remote out to another machine and use the WAN to bulk
upload from my dropbox when I have a lot of things to bring in.

I can save a script into inventory every time.  It will compile and
save, then I drag and drop it into the prim and it will always work.
Unless there is a syntax error, of course.   Inventory must save via a
different comm pathway.

Possibly related: Opening a box that I have been working on will quit
showing the inventory in the box periodically.  Usually good for a dozen
or two dozen edits, sometimes more.   I have to keep the script open or
I would never get anything to load.  But sometimes I have to close the
edit window to edit something else, and  the box that has been working
will no longer open and show me the insides. The only cure is to log out
of the simulator  and relog to go back to editing.

Fred Beckhusen/Ferd Federix

Re: Trouble saving scripts (Fred)

Dahlia Trimble
I've only had trouble saving scripts if I have the script open, teleport to another region, then TP back and try to save it. Usually the viewer will crash. Probably not related to what you are seeing though.

FIrst off, clearing viewer cache should be tried. Aside from that, keep your eyes on the region and robust consoles while saving scripts and see if any errors pop up. They could help with debugging some obscure config issue or perhaps a firewall problem.