Trouble saving scripts

tringate
For a long time now I have had an unusual problem with saving a script when in grid mode using OSgrid.

I can usually save a script 3-4 times and then I get an error saying the server is having trouble.  It takes awhile before I get the message, but I know it is going to fail when it takes more than 5-10 seconds for the script to save.

A region restart fixes the problem but closing the viewer and logging back on does not.

It is as if the server is never finishing a previous script save or something.  Each save takes a bit longer than the previous save.

Sometimes I can get another 1 or 2 saves by taking the object back to inventory and putting it back out again, but that is kind of a hit or miss workaround.

I use a development system on my desktop which does not use the internet at all to do most of my scripting now because it never has this problem and it is so much faster than using grid mode.  But I still have to bring the changed scripts back to OSgrid and while copy/paste works great, I only get a few saves between rebooting the instance of the region.

Has anyone else ever ran into this problem, and if so were you able to fix it?

I do not have any idea what to even look for.

The only other unusual thing I see is difficulty logging in whit an abnormal wait during “initializing media”  A reboot of the instance solves that problem too.  Maybe they are related?

Thanks for reading.

Tom

Re: Trouble saving scripts

Chris M
In my experience if the simulator is bogged down by things it can take scripts a while to save. Is your CPU heavily taxed when you experience these issues? Also check to see if the scripts you are saving use any llSleep() , They can cause the script save to hang until that sleep finishes; if it takes too long it could result in those timeout errors you're seeing.

On 4/6/2015 9:15 PM, Thomas Ringate wrote:
[...]

OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.8.1 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
CPU: AMD FX 8320 8-Core 3.5 GHz
Memory: 16 GB DDR3