Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting (2pm EST)

Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting (2pm EST)

Michael Emory Cerquoni
The meeting has been moved to the OSCC grid while Wright Plaza is unavailable, if you wish to attend the Developer meeting you can hypergrid to the following address

http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002 Staff Zone 1

If you attended OSCC last weekend, we would love to hear what you thought about the experience!

--
Michael Emory Cerquoni

Re: Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting (2pm EST)

riebling
Is there a beginners tutorial for HOW to 'hypergrid in' to URLs like the
one posted for Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting?  I tried once,
and succeeded once, but it involved learning how to configure, then
setting up and running my own hypergridded simulator, and only then
being able to hypergrid-teleport in.

For some folks still waiting for OSGRID to come back online, and unable
to run their own simulator, this might pose a challenge / opportunity.
If there's a way to get in directly from a viewer, we would be interested
in learning how to do so.
> if you wish to attend the Developer meeting you can hypergrid
> to the following address
>
> http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002  Staff Zone 1
--

Eric Riebling      Interactive Systems Lab
[hidden email]    407 South Craig St.

Re: Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting (2pm EST)

R.Gunther
The keep posting the wrong adress everytime. its very easy.
Open the map, then past the following line in the search field at the
right side and hit enter.

On 2014-11-19 16:27, Eric Riebling wrote:

> Is there a beginners tutorial for HOW to 'hypergrid in' to URLs like the
> one posted for Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting?  I tried once,
> and succeeded once, but it involved learning how to configure, then
> setting up and running my own hypergridded simulator, and only then
> being able to hypergrid-teleport in.
>
> For some folks still waiting for OSGRID to come back online, and unable
> to run their own simulator, this might pose a challenge / opportunity.
> If there's a way to get in directly from a viewer, we would be interested
> in learning how to do so.
>> if you wish to attend the Developer meeting you can hypergrid
>> to the following address
>>
>> http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002  Staff Zone 1

Re: Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting (2pm EST)

Key Gruin
On 11/19/2014 09:27 AM, Eric Riebling wrote:

> Is there a beginners tutorial for HOW to 'hypergrid in' to URLs like the
> one posted for Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting?  I tried once,
> and succeeded once, but it involved learning how to configure, then
> setting up and running my own hypergridded simulator, and only then
> being able to hypergrid-teleport in.
>
> For some folks still waiting for OSGRID to come back online, and unable
> to run their own simulator, this might pose a challenge / opportunity.
> If there's a way to get in directly from a viewer, we would be interested
> in learning how to do so.
>> if you wish to attend the Developer meeting you can hypergrid
>> to the following address
>>
>> http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002  Staff Zone 1

If you aren't running your own sim, there are dozens of
hypergrid-enabled grids you can sign up to, it only takes a minute. Ones
I am familiar with are:

Metropolis:
http://hypergrid.org/metropolis/wiki/en/index.php?title=Hauptseite

Craft Grid: http://www.craft-world.org/page/en/home.php

FrancoGrid: http://francogrid.org/infos

Here's a complete and often-updated list of grids:

http://www.hyperica.com/complete-grid-list/

-Key

Re: Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting (2pm EST)

There's also a very short 'using the hypergrid' section at [1] which may or may not be helpful (it doesn't start from
scratch - it assumes you are already on a Hypergrid-enabled grid).

It does need vetting and filling in with all the different ways to Hypergrid.

[1] http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Hypergrid#Teleporting_via_the_Hypergrid

On 19/11/14 15:42, R.Gunther wrote:

> The keep posting the wrong adress everytime. its very easy.
> Open the map, then past the following line in the search field at the right side and hit enter.
>
> cc.opensimulator.org:8002:Staff Zone 1
>

> On 2014-11-19 16:27, Eric Riebling wrote:
>> Is there a beginners tutorial for HOW to 'hypergrid in' to URLs like the
>> one posted for Tuesday Developer Office Hours Meeting?  I tried once,
>> and succeeded once, but it involved learning how to configure, then
>> setting up and running my own hypergridded simulator, and only then
>> being able to hypergrid-teleport in.
>>
>> For some folks still waiting for OSGRID to come back online, and unable
>> to run their own simulator, this might pose a challenge / opportunity.
>> If there's a way to get in directly from a viewer, we would be interested
>> in learning how to do so.
>>> if you wish to attend the Developer meeting you can hypergrid
>>> to the following address
>>>
>>> http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002  Staff Zone 1

> .

OSVW Consulting