Unable to rez: could not find asset

CiderJack
When attempting to rez certain items from my inventory (loaded from an
iar), I am receiving error in viewer blue dialogue box (upper right):
Unable to rez: could not find asset [then it shows the uuid & name of
the object]

Console outputs in yellow text (with actual numbers & names in
brackets):
[InventoryAccessModule]: Could not find asset [uuid] for item [item
name] [different uuid] for [avatar name] in RezObject()

Have rebooted both server & viewer to no effect. Have reloaded iar file
to no effect.

However, while loading the iar file, several blocks of red text show up
headed [Asset DB]. Would these be corrupt items, presumably the items
that will not rez?

Is this a problem anyone has had (nothing found in a web search)? Are
the lost items lost forever? Is there something I can do to get those
items to rez again?

--
~!CJ

.

Federal Consortium for Virtual Worlds 2015 Online Workshop (UNCLASSIFIED)

Maxwell, Douglas CIV (US)
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Good Morning Everyone, I'd like to bring to your attention the 2015 FCVW
workshop we are hosting this Friday and Saturday.  It is open to the public
and anyone may attend free of charge.

http://consortium.militarymetaverse.org/

This is a bit different than a normal conference in that most of the
schedule is immersed and interactive.  You won't be just sitting in front of
a glorified power point presentation.

We have lined up topics such as training effectiveness of virtual worlds,
security/privacy/identity panel, a military track discussing how we use the
technology, an education track and more.

http://consortium.militarymetaverse.org/program/

I have limited space so only the first 250 registrants will be allowed into
the grid.  We will record audio and video of the sessions and post them to
YouTube.  Please feel free to pass this invitation along.

v/r -douglas

Douglas Maxwell, MSME
Science and Technology Manager
Virtual World Strategic Applications
U.S. Army Research Lab
Simulation & Training Technology Center (STTC)
(c) (407) 242-0209

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Unable to rez: could not find asset

If those red blocks of text complain about corrupted assets then that may indeed be the case.  If there are no other
copies then they are lost forever.

On 04/03/15 11:26, CiderJack wrote:

> When attempting to rez certain items from my inventory (loaded from an iar), I am receiving error in viewer blue
> dialogue box (upper right):
> Unable to rez: could not find asset [then it shows the uuid & name of the object]
>
> Console outputs in yellow text (with actual numbers & names in brackets):
> [InventoryAccessModule]: Could not find asset [uuid] for item [item name] [different uuid] for [avatar name] in RezObject()
>
> Have rebooted both server & viewer to no effect. Have reloaded iar file to no effect.
>
> However, while loading the iar file, several blocks of red text show up headed [Asset DB]. Would these be corrupt items,
> presumably the items that will not rez?
>
> Is this a problem anyone has had (nothing found in a web search)? Are the lost items lost forever? Is there something I
> can do to get those items to rez again?

OSVW Consulting

Re: Unable to rez: could not find asset

CiderJack
Thanks Justin.

I finally remembered how to mark/copy text from the shell, so here's one
of the blocks of red text:

10:41:44 - [ASSET DB]: MySQL failure creating asset
8e9cd34e-57e2-4447-b6c8-627518a1556c with name From IAR.  Exception
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (
0x80004005): Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are not allowed.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.SendPacket(MySqlPacket packet)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ExecutePacket(MySqlPacket
packetToExec
ute)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SendQuery(MySqlPacket
queryPacket)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.SendQuery(MySqlPacket p)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Statement.ExecuteNext()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PreparableStatement.ExecuteNext()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PreparableStatement.Execute()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
behavior
)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLAssetData.StoreAsset(AssetBase asset)

Looking more closely I see "Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are
not allowed" although checking the usual .ini files (OpenSim.ini,
StandAloneCommon.ini) I am not finding anywhere to change
max_allwed_packet.

Is this setting accessible to the end user, or is it buried in the code
somewhere?

This appears to only have affected the Objects, everything else seems
intact (textures, sounds, scripts, etc.), so I'm wondering if maybe my
linksets have become ungainly (a few exceed 400 prims, some by quite a
bit) and this might be what makes the packets too large? Most of what
seems to have not loaded are larger linksets (~100-300) although a few
are smaller (< 50). Additionally I do have some large linksets that
appear to have loaded intact.

Looks like around 100 objects in total are affected, and reasonably
large/major builds that are not easily replaced. I'd rather not just
give up on them if there is any way possible to recover them.

---
~!CJ

On 2015-03-06 08:44, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> If those red blocks of text complain about corrupted assets then that
> may indeed be the case.  If there are no other copies then they are
> lost forever.
>
> On 04/03/15 11:26, CiderJack wrote:
>> When attempting to rez certain items from my inventory (loaded from an
>> iar), I am receiving error in viewer blue
>> dialogue box (upper right):
>> Unable to rez: could not find asset [then it shows the uuid & name of
>> the object]
>>
>> Console outputs in yellow text (with actual numbers & names in
>> brackets):
>> [InventoryAccessModule]: Could not find asset [uuid] for item [item
>> name] [different uuid] for [avatar name] in RezObject()
>>
>> Have rebooted both server & viewer to no effect. Have reloaded iar
>> file to no effect.
>>
>> However, while loading the iar file, several blocks of red text show
>> up headed [Asset DB]. Would these be corrupt items,
>> presumably the items that will not rez?
>>
>> Is this a problem anyone has had (nothing found in a web search)? Are
>> the lost items lost forever? Is there something I
>> can do to get those items to rez again?

Re: Unable to rez: could not find asset

CiderJack
Hmmm... while doing this has stopped generating that console error, a
new console error is now generated instead (and still unable to rez
inworld):

13:08:33 - [ASSET DB]: MySQL failure creating asset
8e9cd34e-57e2-4447-b6c8-6275
18a1556c with name From IAR.  Exception
MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (
0x80004005): Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT
or BLOB
or using ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC or ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED may help. In
current row fo
rmat, BLOB prefix of 768 bytes is stored inline.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow,
Int32& i
nsertedId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32&
affected
Rows, Int32& insertedId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior
behavior
)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLAssetData.StoreAsset(AssetBase asset)

So this looks like more MySQL stuff, so presumably it now falls outside
the realm of this list (Or is this still OS database stuff?) and beyond
my area of knowledge. Unless there are further suggestions, it's looking
like I will just have to let it go.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

---
~!CJ

On 2015-03-06 12:50, Michael Emory Cerquoni wrote:

> [...]
>> When attempting to rez certain items from my inventory (loaded from
>> an iar), I am receiving error in viewer blue
>> dialogue box (upper right):
>> Unable to rez: could not find asset [then it shows the uuid & name
>> of the object]
>>
>> Console outputs in yellow text (with actual numbers & names in
>> brackets):
>> [InventoryAccessModule]: Could not find asset [uuid] for item [item
>> name] [different uuid] for [avatar name] in RezObject()
>>
>> Have rebooted both server & viewer to no effect. Have reloaded iar
>> file to no effect.
>>
>> However, while loading the iar file, several blocks of red text
>> show up headed [Asset DB]. Would these be corrupt items,
>> presumably the items that will not rez?
>>
>> Is this a problem anyone has had (nothing found in a web search)?
>> Are the lost items lost forever? Is there something I

set > innodb_log_file_size=128M in mysql configuration and restart

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 7:57 PM, CiderJack <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hmmm... while doing this has stopped generating that console error, a new console error is now generated instead (and still unable to rez inworld):

13:08:33 - [ASSET DB]: MySQL failure creating asset 8e9cd34e-57e2-4447-b6c8-6275
[...]

Well, thanks anyway, but that didn't do it. Rather, it did make the
console stop bleeding red text -- no more errors -- but those same
objects still don't rez after reuploading the iar.

But with no more errors, there are no more hints to be followed.

Maybe those settings needed to have been made before the iar had been
saved in the first place, would be my guess...

Cheers,

---
~!CJ