Updating OpenSim on Linux

Ryan Tanay
After browsing the wiki and the OS Grid forums to no avail, I figured
I'd take my query to the mailing list.

Does anyone have a link to a concise guide to updating to a newer
version of OpenSim on a Linux machine?  I've found decent guides for
Windows installs, but other than the obvious steps like copying over
the /Regions directory and your OpenSim.ini files, the Windows update
directions don't seem to apply.

Not sure it makes a difference, but I'm currently running OpenSim on
Gentoo using MySQL for the database.

Thanks!
~Ryan

Re: Updating OpenSim on Linux

Sean Hennessee
This page has a script for automating an update on Linux/CentOS
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Automating_Tasks#Linux_.28CentOS-5.29
It does not address possible differences in the OpenSim.ini, but helps
manage all the simple tasks of updating OpenSim. It also gives an easy
path back to your previous version if you can't get the new version to
work. (Just re-link 'current' to the previous release folder.)

Peace,
Sean

--

Sean Hennessee