Using load

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using load

Garrett Lynch
Hi

Can anyone tell me what the issue is here with using load to pull in an IAR
into my inventory?  Not much that I can see coming up with a websearch.

Thanks in advance
Garrett



13:06:23 - Command error: System.Exception: The IAR you are trying to load
does not list archive.xml before inventory/.  Aborting load
  at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiveReadReq
uest.LoadInventoryFile (System.String path, TarEntryType entryType,
System.Byte[] data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiveReadReq
uest.Execute () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModule
.DearchiveInventory (System.String firstName, System.String lastName,
System.String invPath, System.String pass, System.String loadPath,
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 options) [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0
  at
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModule
.HandleLoadInvConsoleCommand (System.String module, System.String[]
cmdparams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenSim.Framework.Console.Commands.Resolve (System.String[] cmd)
[0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenSim.Framework.Console.LocalConsole.ReadLine (System.String p,
Boolean isCommand, Boolean e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at OpenSim.Framework.Console.CommandConsole.Prompt () [0x00000] in
<filename unknown>:0
  at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename
unknown>:0


--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web LIVE – Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE


_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

justincc
Between 31st March 2011 and March 12th this check was active in the development code but was disabled after that.  I
suggest updating to OpenSimulator 0.7.1.1

On 31/05/11 13:11, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell me what the issue is here with using load to pull in an IAR
> into my inventory?  Not much that I can see coming up with a websearch.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Garrett
>
>
>
> 13:06:23 - Command error: System.Exception: The IAR you are trying to load
> does not list archive.xml before inventory/.  Aborting load
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiveReadReq
> uest.LoadInventoryFile (System.String path, TarEntryType entryType,
> System.Byte[] data) [0x00000] in<filename unknown>:0
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiveReadReq
> uest.Execute () [0x00000] in<filename unknown>:0
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModule
> .DearchiveInventory (System.String firstName, System.String lastName,
> System.String invPath, System.String pass, System.String loadPath,
> System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2 options) [0x00000] in<filename
> unknown>:0
>    at
> OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.Inventory.Archiver.InventoryArchiverModule
> .HandleLoadInvConsoleCommand (System.String module, System.String[]
> cmdparams) [0x00000] in<filename unknown>:0
>    at OpenSim.Framework.Console.Commands.Resolve (System.String[] cmd)
> [0x00000] in<filename unknown>:0
>    at OpenSim.Framework.Console.LocalConsole.ReadLine (System.String p,
> Boolean isCommand, Boolean e) [0x00000] in<filename unknown>:0
>    at OpenSim.Framework.Console.CommandConsole.Prompt () [0x00000] in
> <filename unknown>:0
>    at OpenSim.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in<filename
> unknown>:0
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> mail2web LIVE – Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -
> http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>


--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

Garrett Lynch
In reply to this post by Garrett Lynch
Uff no other way apart from updating?  We've just spent ages getting it up and running at our university and it's too soon to update again.

Garrett
_________________

On 31 May 2011, at 21:06, [hidden email] wrote:

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:03:02 +0100
From: Justin Clark-Casey <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Using load
Message-ID: <[hidden email]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed

Between 31st March 2011 and March 12th this check was active in the development code but was disabled after that.  I
suggest updating to OpenSimulator 0.7.1.1

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

justincc
On 31/05/11 21:27, Garrett Lynch wrote:
> Uff no other way apart from updating? We've just spent ages getting it up and running at our university and it's too
> soon to update again.

The other alternative would be to untar and retar all the IARs so that archive.xml comes first.  Or get somebody with a
more recent installation of OpenSim to load the IAR and save it out again.

This issue will only apply to older IARs, though I don't know the precise date of those that will be affected.

>
> Garrett
> _________________
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> http://www.asquare.org/
> http://www.asquare.org/networkresearch/
>
> On 31 May 2011, at 21:06, [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 18:03:02 +0100
>> From: Justin Clark-Casey <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> To: <mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Using load
>> Message-ID: <<mailto:[hidden email]>[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
>>
>> Between 31st March 2011 and March 12th this check was active in the development code but was disabled after that. I
>> suggest updating to OpenSimulator 0.7.1.1
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

Garrett Lynch
In reply to this post by Garrett Lynch
Hi

Sorry excuse my ignorance, is an .iar file a tar file then?  I've just searched for utilities that untar files and none seem to refer to .iar files.  Offhand do you know of an OSX utility that can open these?

Garrett
_________________
[hidden email]
http://www.asquare.org/
http://www.asquare.org/networkresearch/

On 31 May 2011, at 23:01, [hidden email] wrote:

> The other alternative would be to untar and retar all the IARs so that archive.xml comes first.  Or get somebody with a
> more recent installation of OpenSim to load the IAR and save it out again.
>
> This issue will only apply to older IARs, though I don't know the precise date of those that will be affected.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

Robert L martin
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Garrett Lynch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry excuse my ignorance, is an .iar file a tar file then?  I've just searched for utilities that untar files and none seem to refer to .iar files.  Offhand do you know of an OSX utility that can open these?

your better archive tools will allow you to throw files at them and
see what sticks


--
Robert L Martin
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

Robert G. Jakabosky
In reply to this post by Garrett Lynch
On Tuesday 31, Garrett Lynch wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry excuse my ignorance, is an .iar file a tar file then?  I've just
> searched for utilities that untar files and none seem to refer to .iar
> files.  Offhand do you know of an OSX utility that can open these?

You can try changing the file extension to: .tar.gz

The .iar files on my system(Linux) are gzipped tar files.

That might allow you to open it with your archive utilities.  I don't know of
any for OSX, since I only use Linux.

>
> Garrett
> _________________
> [hidden email]
> http://www.asquare.org/
> http://www.asquare.org/networkresearch/
>
> On 31 May 2011, at 23:01, [hidden email] wrote:
> > The other alternative would be to untar and retar all the IARs so that
> > archive.xml comes first.  Or get somebody with a more recent
> > installation of OpenSim to load the IAR and save it out again.
> >
> > This issue will only apply to older IARs, though I don't know the precise
> > date of those that will be affected.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users


--
Robert G. Jakabosky
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

Karen Palen
OSX is essentially a version of BSD Unix, so the same trick should work.

Almost any command line scripts or actions are the same in OSX and Linux
or at least close enough to be worth trying. :-)

Karen

On 05/31/2011 08:47 PM, Robert G. Jakabosky wrote:

> On Tuesday 31, Garrett Lynch wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Sorry excuse my ignorance, is an .iar file a tar file then?  I've just
>> searched for utilities that untar files and none seem to refer to .iar
>> files.  Offhand do you know of an OSX utility that can open these?
>
> You can try changing the file extension to: .tar.gz
>
> The .iar files on my system(Linux) are gzipped tar files.
>
> That might allow you to open it with your archive utilities.  I don't know of
> any for OSX, since I only use Linux.
>
>>
>> Garrett
>> _________________
>> [hidden email]
>> http://www.asquare.org/
>> http://www.asquare.org/networkresearch/
>>
>> On 31 May 2011, at 23:01, [hidden email] wrote:
>>> The other alternative would be to untar and retar all the IARs so that
>>> archive.xml comes first.  Or get somebody with a more recent
>>> installation of OpenSim to load the IAR and save it out again.
>>>
>>> This issue will only apply to older IARs, though I don't know the precise
>>> date of those that will be affected.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Opensim-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>
>

_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

Garrett Lynch
In reply to this post by Garrett Lynch
Hi

Yes this worked perfectly, I can see the archive XML and the content folders now.  The archive is listed first alphabetically so what do I do now, do I compress it as an .iar again??  Sorry still confused as to what the error message means by listed first?

Garrett
_________________
[hidden email]
http://www.asquare.org/
http://www.asquare.org/networkresearch/

On 1 Jun 2011, at 06:57, [hidden email] wrote:

> You can try changing the file extension to: .tar.gz
>
> The .iar files on my system(Linux) are gzipped tar files.
>
> That might allow you to open it with your archive utilities.  I don't know of
> any for OSX, since I only use Linux.
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using load

justincc
On 01/06/11 22:57, Garrett Lynch wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes this worked perfectly, I can see the archive XML and the content folders now.  The archive is listed first alphabetically so what do I do now, do I compress it as an .iar again??  Sorry still confused as to what the error message means by listed first?

you could try though I suspect this won't work.

tar archives are a stream of file data.  archive.xml has to come first in that stream.  I'm not sure if recompressing
will do this, but it might.

Really, this needs to be done from the command line - e.g. tar cvzf archive.xml assets/ inventory/ etc.

If you're not familiar with this kind of stuff then you're far better feeding it through another opensim instance or
updating your existing instances.

>
> Garrett
> _________________
> [hidden email]
> http://www.asquare.org/
> http://www.asquare.org/networkresearch/
>
> On 1 Jun 2011, at 06:57, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> You can try changing the file extension to: .tar.gz
>>
>> The .iar files on my system(Linux) are gzipped tar files.
>>
>> That might allow you to open it with your archive utilities.  I don't know of
>> any for OSX, since I only use Linux.
> _______________________________________________
> Opensim-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users
>


--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc
_______________________________________________
Opensim-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-users