Using the SL Client with OpenSim on *NIX

Using the SL Client with OpenSim on *NIX

Robert Klein
Okay crazy question, how do you set the loginpage and grid url when using the SL viewer on UNIX? I am using Ubuntu but the type of UNIX should not make a difference I assume? The viewer runs but wants to hit SL instead of my server. Thanks!

-Robert

Re: Using the SL Client with OpenSim on *NIX

Brent Seidel-3
Hi Robert,

You need to use the -loginuri option on the command line.  The format
would be something like:
./secondlife -loginuri http://osgrid.org:8002

to log you onto osgrid, assuming that the 2nd life client is in your
current directory.  For more information, see: http://
opensimulator.org/wiki/Connecting

hope that helps,

brent

On 27-May-2009, at 12:11 PM, Robert Klein wrote:

> Okay crazy question, how do you set the loginpage and grid url when
> using the
> SL viewer on UNIX? I am using Ubuntu but the type of UNIX should
> not make a
> difference I assume? The viewer runs but wants to hit SL instead of my
> server. Thanks!
>
> -Robert

Re: Using the SL Client with OpenSim on *NIX

Mike Mazur

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Okay crazy question, how do you set the loginpage and grid url when using the
> SL viewer on UNIX?

The login page can be controlled with the -loginpage parameter.

Also, try running the SL viewer with -help, there are more options
which you might find useful.

Mike

Re: Using the SL Client with OpenSim on *NIX

matt raffel
Just curious why do I NOT have to supply that when connecting to SL?

Mike Mazur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Okay crazy question, how do you set the loginpage and grid url when using the
>> SL viewer on UNIX?
>>

> The login page can be controlled with the -loginpage parameter.
>
> Also, try running the SL viewer with -help, there are more options
> which you might find useful.
>
> Mike

Re: Using the SL Client with OpenSim on *NIX

lamont cranston
SL is the default values - you have to put in the alternate values for other virtual worlds.
Makes sense, they wrote it.
Oh, and once you set your string up, you can put it as the value for a launcher, and avoid having to type it in each time.

Mike Mazur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Robert Klein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Okay crazy question, how do you set the loginpage and grid url when using the
>> SL viewer on UNIX?
>>

> The login page can be controlled with the -loginpage parameter.
>
> Also, try running the SL viewer with -help, there are more options
> which you might find useful.
>
> Mike

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Re: Using the SL Client with OpenSim on *NIX

Robert Klein
Thanks Brent this helped perfectly! Always the obvious isn't it? :)

-Robert

Brent Seidel wrote