Quantcast

VR Viewer?

J Decker
Has any of the viewers attempted to cobble together VR support?  HTC Vive for instance?

Re: VR Viewer?

Ovi Chris Rouly

Decker,

I’ve found utility in the Oculus, the SL 1.23 viewer, a fast i7, lots of memory, Win 10, and a few OTS software bits.  It’s definitely not high-end or something I’d be ready to take to the public just yet but it serves well for research.

Chris

Re: VR Viewer?

Tom Willans
I have used the CtrlAltViewer with some success. Although it is not supported any longer is was updated to work with the CV1 and DK2  Oculus.  Oculus no longer support the DK2 though.  I believe there is a way to get Oculus software running on the HTC Vive.

http://ctrlaltstudio.com/viewer
On 16 Jan 2017, at 00:56, J Decker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Has any of the viewers attempted to cobble together VR support?  HTC Vive for instance?

Tom Willans BSc(Hons) MBCS CITP
Managing Director
Bessacarr Publications Ltd
3 Highfield, Hatton Park, Warwick, CV35 7TQ
[hidden email]
+44 (0)1926 402711
Registered in England and Wales at the above address.  Company No: 4925067. VAT No:GB 823 9317 24.

This e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Bessacarr Publications Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please return it to the sender immediately. The contents of this message may be legally privileged.

Re: VR Viewer?

> > On 16 Jan 2017, at 00:56, J Decker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Has any of the viewers attempted to cobble together VR
> support?  HTC Vive for instance?

CtrlAltStudio works pretty well with Second Life and OpenSim, even
though its based on what is now quite an old version of Firestorm...

http://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/atate/2016/07/18/testing-ctrlaltstudio-viewer-1-2-6-43412/

It works with a range of stereo/3D viewing technologies and supports
Oculus DK2 and CV1 fine.  Some have repored that it works with the
Viva using the "Revive" compatibility layer.  See the very end of the
blog post above.