Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

12

Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Opensimfan

Varregion works :) but physics need update i keep disappearing in to the
ground. And, as far as i know there no viewers yet with full support. I
asked on the kokua forum they say..

"will support for “Variable-sized regions” be added in the far future?"

"NickyP"
"Kokua-3.7.6 var regions are somewhat supported. There are a few map and
teleport issues to workout."

Varregion looks very promising, much more stable than mega region i
think...

thank you..
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Luisillo Contepomi-2
Firestorm and Singularity have not problems.

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está activa.

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

M.E. Verhagen
Good to know that firestorm and singularity have got no problems ...

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Opensimfan
thanks for reply :)

Well firestorm and singularity start fine with Varregion(s) as Kokua,
but for all three: you can't walk beyond the 265 barrier...
for example if set a 512x512 Varregion, you walk agains a "wall" at 265
meters because the map still thinks you have a 265x265 region.
Map coordinates are not yet implemented with Varregions (calculate
avatar position, or prim position if build something)

This also goes for teleporting. this need to be perfected in the future
if you want Varregion to work fully, and also opensim viewers (other
than firestorm, singularity and Kokua) need to be compatible.

OpenSimFan..

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Luisillo Contepomi
I am using 1024x1024 var regions and I have not this "wall" effect
problem with Singularity or Firestorm viewers. I am using vehicles and
I have not this "wall" effect.
You can see here http://encuen3.com/singularity.mp4
The tilemap problems are "viewer side" problems, not server side
problems, may be we must have our own "opensim viewer".
I never test with Kokua viewer.
Best regards,
Luisillo

> thanks for reply :)
>

> Well firestorm and singularity start fine with Varregion(s) as Kokua, but
> for all three: you can't walk beyond the 265 barrier...
> for example if set a 512x512 Varregion, you walk agains a "wall" at 265
> meters because the map still thinks you have a 265x265 region.
> Map coordinates are not yet implemented with Varregions (calculate avatar
> position, or prim position if build something)
>
> This also goes for teleporting. this need to be perfected in the future
> if you want Varregion to work fully, and also opensim viewers (other than
> firestorm, singularity and Kokua) need to be compatible.
>

> OpenSimFan..

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Luisillo Contepomi
video using tilemap and search location with Singularity
http://encuen3.com/singularity.maptile.mp4
Best regards,
Luisillo

> I am using 1024x1024 var regions and I have not this "wall" effect
> problem with Singularity or Firestorm viewers. I am using vehicles and
> I have not this "wall" effect.
> You can see here http://encuen3.com/singularity.mp4
> The tilemap problems are "viewer side" problems, not server side
> problems, may be we must have our own "opensim viewer".
> I never test with Kokua viewer.
> Best regards,
> Luisillo

>> thanks for reply :)
>>

>> Well firestorm and singularity start fine with Varregion(s) as Kokua, but
>> for all three: you can't walk beyond the 265 barrier...
>> for example if set a 512x512 Varregion, you walk agains a "wall" at 265
>> meters because the map still thinks you have a 265x265 region.
>> Map coordinates are not yet implemented with Varregions (calculate avatar
>> position, or prim position if build something)
>>
>> This also goes for teleporting. this need to be perfected in the future
>> if you want Varregion to work fully, and also opensim viewers (other than
>> firestorm, singularity and Kokua) need to be compatible.
>>

>> OpenSimFan..

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Opensimfan

WOW! :-!   Thank you very much for video :-) I'll have to to try with
Singularity to see if it works for me...
And check open-simulator settings  to make it work.

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Luisillo Contepomi-2
I have a modified value in OpenSim.ini because my avatar is little .

[BulletSim]
     ; Avatar physics height adjustments.
     ; http://opensimulator.org/wiki/BulletSim#Adjusting_Avatar_Height

     ;  MODIFIED BECAUSE I AM OVER THE FLOOR OR PRIMS IF IS "BY DEFAULT".
     AvatarHeightLowFudge = -0.3     ; Adjustment at low end of height
range

     ;AvatarHeightMidFudge = 0.0      ; Adjustment at mid point of
avatar height range
     ;AvatarHeightHighFudge = 0.6     ; Adjustment at high end of height
range

   ;; Default values:
   ;;  AvatarStepHeight = 0.5
   ;;  AvatarStepApproachFactor = 0.6
   ;;  AvatarStepUpCorrectionFactor = 1.0
   ;;  AvatarStepForceFactor = 1.0
   ;;  AvatarStepSmoothingSteps = 2

Best Regards,
Luisillo

---
Este mensaje no contiene virus ni malware porque la protección de avast! Antivirus está activa.

Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Opensimfan

and i'll have to try with "Open Dynamics Engine" and "BulletSim Physics
Engine"  to see if there's a difference ....

OpenSimFan
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

R.Gunther
Dont use ODE with a var region.

On 2014-08-16 17:58, Andre Verwijs wrote:

> and i'll have to try with "Open Dynamics Engine" and "BulletSim
> Physics Engine"  to see if there's a difference ....
>
> OpenSimFan

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

justincc
Yes, only BulletSim supports var regions at this time.  I have never tried ODE with a var region (I actually thought the
code stopped OpenSimulator starting in this case) but it wouldn't surprise me if the behaviour is to restrict movement
to 256 x 256.

On 16/08/14 19:06, Andre Verwijs wrote:

>      OK :) I'll try BulletSim ...

OSVW Consulting

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Luisillo Contepomi
When use ODE in a var region avatar can not move from location 0,0,x
Avatar only can move in Z axe.

> Yes, only BulletSim supports var regions at this time.  I have never tried
> ODE with a var region (I actually thought the code stopped OpenSimulator
> starting in this case) but it wouldn't surprise me if the behaviour is to
> restrict movement to 256 x 256.
>
> On 16/08/14 19:06, Andre Verwijs wrote:
>>

>>      OK :) I'll try BulletSim ...

> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
> OSVW Consulting
> http://justincc.org
> http://twitter.com/justincc

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Opensimfan

ODE still works great for normal 265x265 regions I don't think it should be removed from git master yet until bulletsim is fully tested and all small bugs are fixed ....

Verzonden via Yahoo Mail op Android

Yes, only BulletSim supports var regions at this time.  I have never tried ODE with a var region (I actually thought the
code stopped OpenSimulator starting in this case) but it wouldn't surprise me if the behaviour is to restrict movement
to 256 x 256.

On 16/08/14 19:06, Andre Verwijs wrote:

>      OK :) I'll try BulletSim ...

OSVW Consulting

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

R.Gunther
Want to make a note because i think its not enabled by default, put bulletsim in  its own thread.
you can do that by adding under [bulletsim] in opensim.ini

UseSeparatePhysicsThread = true

that seems to improve things to.

On 2014-08-19 12:26, Dutch Glory wrote:

ODE still works great for normal 265x265 regions I don't think it should be removed from git master yet until bulletsim is fully tested and all small bugs are fixed ....

Verzonden via Yahoo Mail op Android

Yes, only BulletSim supports var regions at this time.  I have never tried ODE with a var region (I actually thought the
code stopped OpenSimulator starting in this case) but it wouldn't surprise me if the behaviour is to restrict movement
to 256 x 256.

On 16/08/14 19:06, Andre Verwijs wrote:

>      OK :) I'll try BulletSim ...

OSVW Consulting

Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

André Verwijs
R.Gunther schreef op 19-8-2014 om 13:48:
> Want to make a note because i think its not enabled by default, put
> bulletsim in  its own thread.
> you can do that by adding under [bulletsim] in opensim.ini
>
> UseSeparatePhysicsThread = true
>
> that seems to improve things to.

    ok : ) thanks for tip

Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Opensimfan

  i will try and let know how it went...

Thank you for reading this message, I will send a reply As soon as
possible...

My Twitter Page (follow me please)
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (Become my friend please...:) )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (Follow me please...:) )
https://plus.google.com/111310545842863442992
..

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
> Want to make a note because i think its not enabled by default, put
> bulletsim in  its own thread.
> you can do that by adding under [bulletsim] in opensim.ini
>
> UseSeparatePhysicsThread = true
>
> that seems to improve things to.

this also in OpenSimDefault.ini ...  :)

André Verwijs - Google+

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Varregion works :) but physics need update ...

R.Gunther
Nevr, and not sure how many people i need to tell it.
Never change anything in opensimdefault.ini.  but copy the setting over
to opensim.ini