Viewers and Windows 8 - Possible Skydrive problem?

Viewers and Windows 8 - Possible Skydrive problem?

aiaustin
help....  I have a new Surface Pro (Windows 8) and all was working
fine when I first put Firestorm 4.4.2 on it on some tests to Second
Life and two OpenSim grids.

I have since done a windows update which probably installed new Intel
HD 4000 Graphics drivers from the look of the Installed Programs, did
a firmware update and I have installed  Office 2013, etc.. but
importantly I will have enabled Skydrive.

I see others have had conflicts with Skydrive so suspect that is my
issue.  But I set it not to start on bootup... and did clean installs
of Firestorm (and Singularity as a comparison) but they crash just
after startup every time.

There seems to be a registry fix here...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/cloud_storage

I deleted the three Skydrive keys mentioned there as a way to try to
fix this.. but doing that and rebooting has no effect.. I still get
the same crashes at the same point.  So I got more serious and
uninstalled Skydrive entirely via the uninstall programs control
panel.  rebooted again and I still get the viewers crashing

Any helpful advice anyone?

Re: Viewers and Windows 8 - Possible Skydrive problem?

aiaustin
Hmmm I now suspect the Intel HD Graphics Driver update installed with
Windows Update might be the culprit.

I just did used a "system restore" point" set just before the latest
update came in and I can run the viewers again... and that is with
Skydrive fully restore and on.

I have turned off Windows update for now while we see if anyone else
is having trouble with the latest drivers.  Take care!