Virtual Worlds in Online and Distance Education - Call for book chapter proposals (final reminder)

Virtual Worlds in Online and Distance Education - Call for book chapter proposals (final reminder)

Lee, Mark

Dear colleagues,

(My apologies yet again for cross posting.)

This is a reminder that proposals (1-2 pages) for the forthcoming book on Virtual Worlds in Open and Distance Education, to be published by Athabasca University Press as part of Terry Anderson's Issues in Distance Education Series, are due on July 22, 2011.

Two types of chapters will be published in the book, namely chapters addressing specific themes and issues related to the use of virtual worlds in online and distance education (5,000-8,000 words) and chapters reporting on case studies of the use of virtual worlds in online and distance education (2,000-4,000 words). The book will be published online as an Open Access publication as well as in print.

For more information, including suggested topic areas, submission procedure and timelines, please see the Call for Chapter Proposals at http://www.virtualclassrooms.info/vwwg/vwwgbook.html

Queries and expressions of interest can be directed to the Editors, Sue Gregory, Mark J. W. Lee, Barney Dalgarno and Belinda Tynan at [hidden email].

Kind regards,

Sue Gregory
Lecturer, School of Education, University of New England
Chair, Australia & New Zealand Virtual Worlds Working Group

Mark J. W. Lee
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, School of Education, Charles Sturt University
Adjunct Senior Lecturer, DEHub Research Institute, University of New England

Barney Dalgarno
Associate Professor, School of Education, Charles Sturt University

Belinda Tynan
Professor and Academic Director, Faculty of the Professions, and Director, DEHub Research Institute, University of New England

Charles Sturt University

| ALBURY-WODONGA | BATHURST | CANBERRA | DUBBO | GOULBURN | ONTARIO | ORANGE | SYDNEY | WAGGA WAGGA |

Give Generously - Support Young Australians

You can help young Australians to go to University and succeed in their studies by giving generously to the Charles Sturt University Foundation. To find out more or to make a donation go to the Foundation web site http://www.csu.edu.au/special/foundation. Australian donations are tax deductible.

LEGAL NOTICE
This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. Charles Sturt University (CSU) does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU.

Charles Sturt University in Australia  http://www.csu.edu.au  The Chancellery, Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW Australia 2795  ABN: 83 878 708 551; CRICOS Provider Numbers: 00005F (NSW), 01947G (VIC), 02960B (ACT)

Charles Sturt University in Ontario  http://www.charlessturt.ca 860 Harrington Court, Burlington Ontario Canada L7N 3N4  Registration: www.peqab.ca

Consider the environment before printing this email.