Vista 64?

M. Brain
I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the internet, but not access it.

Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit opensim?

Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address is set to 127.0.0.1

Re: Vista 64?

trucker.anthony
i tried to get it going tried port opening and even disabling my firewalls
and antivirus but was a no go with me vista is more complex on getting an
outside connection what i did was run a dual os with ubuntu 8.10 and works
great now
TA

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500, "M. Brain"
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate port
> on
> firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the internet, but not
> access it.
>
> Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit opensim?
>
> Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address is
> set
> to 127.0.0.1

Re: Vista 64?

Stefan Andersson
On Vista, I believe you have to disable the UAC for the http port to be opened.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Opensim-users] Vista 64?

I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the internet, but not access it.

Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit opensim?

Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address is set to 127.0.0.1

Re: Vista 64?

Frisby, Adam

No, just run as administrator – however now we are on HttpServer.dll shouldn’t this requirement vanish[?]

Adam

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the internet, but not access it.

Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit opensim?

Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address is set to 127.0.0.1

Re: Vista 64?

Stefan Andersson
Yeah, same thought occurred to me.

Also, it sounds like it could be the nat loopback issue. How do you mean 'not access it'? With a viewer? Or thru http?

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:45:46 -0500

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the internet, but not access it.

Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit opensim?

Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address is set to 127.0.0.1

Re: Vista 64?

Chris Hart

I understood we removed the remoting code, hence the old 8895 requirement has gone, but what about general region comms? Port 9000+? You need to open up ports on the root port number and for all other regions (as specified in region xml) for TCP and UDP traffic, right? If this has changed completely and totally then please can someone document it slightly? Otherwise I don’t see how you can possibly put a server online – I route only those ports I need to my servers, so stuff like port 80 for web server, and, to date, ports in the range of 9000+ for region traffic for OpenSim etc.

Or please tell me if I’m going mad J

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 04:45:46 -0500

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:58:41 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

I'm running Vista 64 on a home desktop.  I've opened the appropriate port on firewall and router.  We can ping the server from the internet, but not access it.

Has anybody been able to access Vista 64 installation of 32-bit opensim?

Note: it works well when its only on the one machine and the address is set to 127.0.0.1

Re: Vista 64?

Stefan Andersson
Chris,

yes, you're right, the .NEt remoting code is gone, it's now http and udp only.

On Vista, if you used the .Net httplistener, it would crash if the UAC was enabled, as setting up a httplistener was an elevated privilegies operation.

But as Adam stated, I think we are not using the .NEt httplistener any longer, so I don't know what else could be worng, apart from the ever-present Nat loopback issue.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:02:12 +0000