Waiting for Handshake

Jawa Lunk
Greetings...

I installed OpenSim on my Ubuntu server on my home network, and my friend
can log in to it from his house, but I'm on the same network and can't log
into it LOL

I get the "waiting for region handshake" and then it times out.

I looked online but couldn't find the answer or work-around to this.

Can someone help?

Thanks!!

Re: Waiting for Handshake

InuYasha Meiji
Gmail Account wrote:

> Greetings...
>
> I installed OpenSim on my Ubuntu server on my home network, and my
> friend can log in to it from his house, but I'm on the same network
> and can't log into it LOL
>
> I get the "waiting for region handshake" and then it times out.
>
> I looked online but couldn't find the answer or work-around to this.
>
> Can someone help?
>
> Thanks!!

Ok, Only asking because this happened to me in the past until I bought a
decent router.  Are you using a router, and does it have loop back
capability?  I was using a Belkin router, and without loop back my
friend could log in, but like you waited forever for region handshake.
Then I bought a new D-Link Gamer Lounge with Turbo Boost.  If you get
that router, be sure to turn off that feature.  I am sharing my net with
my wife.  The router gets confused as to who is on playing a game and
looses track of who should be getting the best bandwidth and messes
things up.  But off and everything work beautifully.

Re: Waiting for Handshake

Master_Mirage
it will fly yah just need to set host file so it loops back is all. You rlan ip is not the same as what web users sees. so hosts file will trick it and your gold :)

Our New Web Page
Http://www.TritonGrid.com

Re: Waiting for Handshake

Chris Bloomfield
thanks for this im using a new router and despite dmz and port forwarding
and the likes i cannot access stuff locally anymore yet to the www it works
fine so i will have to check my hosts file ty again )