Weird IAR problem with 0.7.0 RC1 Post-Fix

Weird IAR problem with 0.7.0 RC1 Post-Fix

Chris Kennedy-2
Hi, I am having a weird problem with OS 0.7.0 RC1 (post-fixes), I set up
a new instance of OpenSim, with a new test database for 0.7.0 and tried
to load an IAR that I created with 0.6.9 and I end up with a really
weird inventory structure that looks similar to this:

My Inventory
     \_ (System Folders Here)

     \_ My Inventory (imported from IAR)
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations (....etc)
             Body Parts
             Body Parts
             Body Parts
             Body Parts
             Body Parts (etc)
             Callng Cards
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing (etc)
             (and so on so forth down the list of imported folders)

                 \_ All of my imported objects from the IAR are here
outside of the imported folders in an unsorted jumbled (albiet
alphabetical lol)  mess rather in the folders i originally had them in.

(End of Inventory)

In each of the folders there are folders that I have created inside
(i.e., Animations > Poses, Animations > Test Anims, Animations > Funny
Stuff )

I know that 0.7.0 is still a work in progress (hence why I am testing
this on a new temporary database for now) but wanted to ask why this is
happening.

If it is simply an incompatibility between the 0.6.x style IAR's and
0.7.x OS ; is there anything I can do to fix it... short of having to
recreate my inventory folder structure by hand and then move all of my
objects into the newly created folders (I'd really rather not have to do
this)?

Aside from the above, the output on the server appears to be normal, and
I did not notice any errors.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Re: Weird IAR problem with 0.7.0 RC1 Post-Fix

Opensimfan
I have the same problem with 0.6.9 Post-fixes_ed5878a (latest version not tested yet). iar somehow does not read folder structure correctly from iar file.

thank you..
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

On 13/06/10 12:15, Chris Kennedy wrote:

> Hi, I am having a weird problem with OS 0.7.0 RC1 (post-fixes), I set up
> a new instance of OpenSim, with a new test database for 0.7.0 and tried
> to load an IAR that I created with 0.6.9 and I end up with a really
> weird inventory structure that looks similar to this:
>
> My Inventory
> \_ (System Folders Here)
>
> \_ My Inventory (imported from IAR)
> Animations
> Animations
> Animations
> Animations
> Animations
> Animations
> Animations (....etc)
> Body Parts
> Body Parts
> Body Parts
> Body Parts
> Body Parts (etc)
> Callng Cards
> Clothing
> Clothing
> Clothing
> Clothing
> Clothing
> Clothing (etc)
> (and so on so forth down the list of imported folders)
>
> \_ All of my imported objects from the IAR are here outside of the
> imported folders in an unsorted jumbled (albiet alphabetical lol) mess
> rather in the folders i originally had them in.
>
> (End of Inventory)
>
> In each of the folders there are folders that I have created inside
> (i.e., Animations > Poses, Animations > Test Anims, Animations > Funny
> Stuff )
>
> I know that 0.7.0 is still a work in progress (hence why I am testing
> this on a new temporary database for now) but wanted to ask why this is
> happening.

Basically, it's happening because I introduced a bug last week which my tests aren't yet good enough to catch :).

I raised Mantis http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4770 to track this.  Unfortunately, I might not get a chance to fix it until the back end of this week.

> If it is simply an incompatibility between the 0.6.x style IAR's and
> 0.7.x OS ; is there anything I can do to fix it... short of having to
> recreate my inventory folder structure by hand and then move all of my
> objects into the newly created folders (I'd really rather not have to do
> this)?

My intention is to maintain backward compatibility for iars and oars.  If there is a problem then that constitutes a reportable bug.

On 13/06/10 12:59, DutchGlory wrote:

> I have the same problem with 0.6.9 Post-fixes_ed5878a (latest version not
> tested yet). iar somehow does not read folder structure correctly from iar
> file.

I managed to reproduce Chris' issue on 0.7 but on 0.6.9 everything appears okay loading complex iars.  Please could you raise a separate mantis for this and put in all your symptoms (including a minimal iar file that reproduces the problem).  Thanks!

Re: Weird IAR problem with 0.7.0 RC1 Post-Fix

Chris Kennedy-2
Oh okay. I was just wondering about it :) If you need any more info from
me let me know and I will be more than happy to help if I can.

Thank you!

On 6/14/2010 5:02 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:

> On 13/06/10 12:15, Chris Kennedy wrote:
>> Hi, I am having a weird problem with OS 0.7.0 RC1 (post-fixes), I set up
>> a new instance of OpenSim, with a new test database for 0.7.0 and tried
>> to load an IAR that I created with 0.6.9 and I end up with a really
>> weird inventory structure that looks similar to this:
>>
>> My Inventory
>> \_ (System Folders Here)
>>
>> \_ My Inventory (imported from IAR)
>> Animations
>> Animations
>> Animations
>> Animations
>> Animations
>> Animations
>> Animations (....etc)
>> Body Parts
>> Body Parts
>> Body Parts
>> Body Parts
>> Body Parts (etc)
>> Callng Cards
>> Clothing
>> Clothing
>> Clothing
>> Clothing
>> Clothing
>> Clothing (etc)
>> (and so on so forth down the list of imported folders)
>>
>> \_ All of my imported objects from the IAR are here outside of the
>> imported folders in an unsorted jumbled (albiet alphabetical lol) mess
>> rather in the folders i originally had them in.
>>
>> (End of Inventory)
>>
>> In each of the folders there are folders that I have created inside
>> (i.e., Animations > Poses, Animations > Test Anims, Animations > Funny
>> Stuff )
>>
>> I know that 0.7.0 is still a work in progress (hence why I am testing
>> this on a new temporary database for now) but wanted to ask why this is
>> happening.
>
> Basically, it's happening because I introduced a bug last week which
> my tests aren't yet good enough to catch :).
>
> I raised Mantis http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=4770 to
> track this.  Unfortunately, I might not get a chance to fix it until
> the back end of this week.
>

>> If it is simply an incompatibility between the 0.6.x style IAR's and
>> 0.7.x OS ; is there anything I can do to fix it... short of having to
>> recreate my inventory folder structure by hand and then move all of my
>> objects into the newly created folders (I'd really rather not have to do
>> this)?
>
> My intention is to maintain backward compatibility for iars and oars.
> If there is a problem then that constitutes a reportable bug.

Re: Weird IAR problem with 0.7.0 RC1 Post-Fix

Chris Kennedy-2
Just tried the latest master in post-fixes and IAR works great now.
Thank you Justin! :)