What other scripting languages are available?

What other scripting languages are available?

Ethan Gardener
I'd like to know two things, please.

Does OpenSim still support scripting in .NET languages, subject to permissions?  I didn't see the option for it last time I looked, but I do miss things.  (I'm not going to complain about permission restrictions on this feature!  I'm just thinking about my own use in sims I run myself.)

What other scripting languages are available?  (3rd-party modules, I assume.)

--
R←(+/X)÷ρX

Re: What other scripting languages are available?

Asaff Belfer
There is a support for C# and VB.NET scripting but there is a small bug
that causes these scripts not to compile and to have no effect at all.

I've tested c# scripting a bit after version 9 was released and found the
bug. I don't know if it was fixed but if it wasn't you'll have to fix it
yourself.

Prior to version 9 it works fine.

Asaff

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 12:43 PM Ethan Gardener <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to know two things, please.
>
> Does OpenSim still support scripting in .NET languages, subject to
> permissions?  I didn't see the option for it last time I looked, but I do
> miss things.  (I'm not going to complain about permission restrictions on
> this feature!  I'm just thinking about my own use in sims I run myself.)
>
> What other scripting languages are available?  (3rd-party modules, I
> assume.)
>
> --
> R←(+/X)÷ρX

Re: What other scripting languages are available?

Dr Ramesh Ramloll
Hello,
Related to the questions above, has anyone tried testing C# with the latest
version of opensim?
Ramesh

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 3:20 PM Asaff Belfer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is a support for C# and VB.NET scripting but there is a small bug
> that causes these scripts not to compile and to have no effect at all.
>
> I've tested c# scripting a bit after version 9 was released and found the
> bug. I don't know if it was fixed but if it wasn't you'll have to fix it
> yourself.
>
> Prior to version 9 it works fine.
>
> Asaff
>

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 12:43 PM Ethan Gardener <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to know two things, please.
> >
> > Does OpenSim still support scripting in .NET languages, subject to
> > permissions?  I didn't see the option for it last time I looked, but I do
> > miss things.  (I'm not going to complain about permission restrictions on
> > this feature!  I'm just thinking about my own use in sims I run myself.)
> >
> > What other scripting languages are available?  (3rd-party modules, I
> > assume.)
> >
> > --
> > R←(+/X)÷ρX

*Rameshsharma Ramloll* PhD, CEO CTO DeepSemaphore LLC, Landisville, PA;
Affiliate *Research Associate Professor*, Idaho State University,
Pocatello, ID 83209 Tel: 208-240-0040
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/rameshramloll>

Re: What other scripting languages are available?

Asaff Belfer
Hello,

I have tried it with version 0.9.0.0. As I posted before, there is a bug
that causes C# and VB.NET scripts to skip compiling so they actually don't
work. There is a small fix in the code to get them to work again.

Thanks,
Asaff