Where are the OpenSim cache files?

Vanish Seriath
Hello everyone,

I recently blew the database of an experimental OpenSim installation, so I cleared it and tried to start OpenSim again. It starts up fine until it tries to initialize the assets (which is what got corrupted earlier). I'm assuming the old corrupted state of the assets is still cached, but I can't find the cache file. Can anyone tell me where to look? Thanks a lot.

The Twilight’s Green Illuminate Beam,
This Great ImBalance, that I’ve seen,
That Trees Got Icy Branches and,
The Good In Bad, That God I’ve Been.

Re: Where are the OpenSim cache files?

paul emery
Are the assets in the database?

Re: Where are the OpenSim cache files?

Vanish Seriath
The database didn't populate the assets table after the new install.

Sorry for that post - of course they are.

On 05/04/11 13:25, Vanish Seriath wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I recently blew the database of an experimental OpenSim installation, so I cleared it and tried to start OpenSim again.
> It starts up fine until it tries to initialize the assets (which is what got corrupted earlier). I'm assuming the old
> corrupted state of the assets is still cached, but I can't find the cache file. Can anyone tell me where to look? Thanks
> a lot.

The Flotsam asset cache does store assets on disk, though I don't think it reloads them on startup.

Assets (textures) are also cached on the viewer.

Other than that, blowing away the database should have removed all the assets.  If you're using SQLite, then you would
need to remove the Asset.db file.

http://justincc.org/blog