Will OSSL become plug-in instead of core?

Will OSSL become plug-in instead of core?

Frank W Sweet
This question is probably for Justin. Are there any plans to make OSSL
a plug-in? I just wrote a small function for my region that I doubt
anyone else would be interested in. The problem is that, with the
current code organization I am now stuck with a one-function
mini-fork.

Frank W Sweet
Backintyme Publishing

Re: Will OSSL become plug-in instead of core?

justincc
Frank W Sweet wrote:
> This question is probably for Justin. Are there any plans to make OSSL
> a plug-in? I just wrote a small function for my region that I doubt
> anyone else would be interested in. The problem is that, with the
> current code organization I am now stuck with a one-function
> mini-fork.

Ideally, those functions would be modularized.  However, though I've not looked into the details, I believe that this is
difficult to do with the current script engines as they translate LSL to C# and use a base class (ScriptBaseClass) to
provide the OSSL (and LSL) methods.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't anticipate that this situation is going to change soon.

Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com