Witch viewer does still work (as it should) With (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian) Linux..??

Witch viewer does still work (as it should) With (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian) Linux..??

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
Witch viewer does still work (as it should) With (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian) Linux..??

I can login, but graphics are far from great, especially water is a problem….

“Imprudence 1.4.0.3 exp 1 – Great :) still #1 for me..!!
http://goo.gl/16uiya

Kokua 3.7.2.31948 – flat water, no animation even with High graphic level… :(
http://goo.gl/I6O25h

Singularity viewer x64 1.8.5.5617 …
also flat water, no animation even with High graphic level… :(
http://goo.gl/GcmEvU

..
OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Witch viewer does still work (as it should) With (Ubuntu) Linux..??

R.Gunther
Do you use the closed source graphics drivers ? the opensource ones suck
on linux.
The last time i tried it, singularity, firestorm etc work all fine.
Check the graphics drivers first nvidia / ati

On 2014-03-23 12:28, OpenSimFan wrote:

> Witch viewer does still work (as it should) With (Ubuntu, Mint, Debian)
> Linux..??
>
> I can login, but graphics are far from great, especially water is a
> problem….
>
> “Imprudence 1.4.0.3 exp 1 – Great :) still #1 for me..!!
> http://goo.gl/16uiya
>
> Kokua 3.7.2.31948 – flat water, no animation even with High graphic level…
> :(
> http://goo.gl/I6O25h
>
> Singularity viewer x64 1.8.5.5617 …
> also flat water, no animation even with High graphic level… :(
> http://goo.gl/GcmEvU
>
> ..
>

> -----
> OpenSimFan
> My Opensim/Second Life Blog
> http://verwijs.wordpress.com
> (Dutch, basic hardware/software help  windows, Mac, Linux)
> http://verwijs-pc.nl
> My Twitter Page:
> http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan
> My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
> http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs
> My Google+ page (follow me please )
> André Verwijs - Google+

Re: Witch viewer does still work (as it should) With (Ubuntu) Linux..??

Key Gruin
On 03/23/2014 06:49 AM, R.Gunther wrote:
> Do you use the closed source graphics drivers ? the opensource ones
> suck on linux.
>> wer-does-still-work-as-it-should-With-Ubuntu-Linux-tp7581150.html

He's using the latest Nvidia drivers, if you look at  the pictures.
I was using Mint until recently, when frustration with Nvidia drivers
caused me to throw up my hands and switch to OpenSuse 13.1 for my
desktop. If you have the Nvidia driver installed, it should work, not
sure why it doesn't for you. Looks like you have graphics turned down?
Anyways, OpenSuse is quite easy to install  the drivers with the package
manager, without having to mess about with blacklisting the nouveau
drivers and other such side-stepping song and dance routines. I am very
happy with it.

Key