Writing a notecard

Frank W Sweet
Is there an OS function that lets me write to a notecard from an
in-world script?

Frank W. Sweet
Backintyme Publishing

Re: Writing a notecard

Mo Hax
Seriously doubt it. Problem with notecards, writing or reading, remains the individual dataserver requests for each line, right?

--
Mo Hax
http://imohax.com/about

Re: Writing a notecard

Stefan Andersson
There is, from my knowledge, absolutely nothing that would stop us from implementing such a command, as notecards are stored and retrieved as assets.

The dataserver line-by-line is an SL(tm) thing.

Best regards,
Stefan Andersson
Tribal Media AB

Re: Writing a notecard

Mic Bowman
try osMakeNotecard(string name, list contents)

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:30 AM, Stefan Andersson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is, from my knowledge, absolutely nothing that would stop us from
> implementing such a command, as notecards are stored and retrieved as
> assets.
>
> The dataserver line-by-line is an SL(tm) thing.
>
> Best regards,
> Stefan Andersson
> Tribal Media AB
>

> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 09:52:56 -0500
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] Writing a notecard
>
> Seriously doubt it. Problem with notecards, writing or reading, remains the
> individual dataserver requests for each line, right?
>
> --
> Mo Hax
> http://imohax.com/about

Re: Writing a notecard

Frank W Sweet
Thank you. I notice that the function stores the new notecard into its
prim's  inventory. That's cool. I also notice that it chokes on
anything in the list that is not a string. I can live with that.

Again, thank you.
Frank W Sweet
Backintyme Publishing