XEngine and DotNetEngine

Ai Austin
As others have suggested I have enabled XEngine and made that my
default script engine (0.6.6 svn 9993)

I am not sure whether I should leave DotNetEngine enabled as true or
false though.  Can someone advise on the correct configuration?

Re: XEngine and DotNetEngine

Paul Johnson-3
On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 10:50 +0100, Ai Austin wrote:
> As others have suggested I have enabled XEngine and made that my
> default script engine (0.6.6 svn 9993)
>
> I am not sure whether I should leave DotNetEngine enabled as true or
> false though.  Can someone advise on the correct configuration?

Stay the course.  Turning on DotNetEngine broke things horribly for me
on Debian.

Re: XEngine and DotNetEngine

Karen_Palen
I seem to get a warning from certain scripts (Ubuntu 9.04) when I only have one enabled, but the few scripts I have tried appear to work with either.

So far this has been mostly basic door scripts and pose stand scripts which are all very simple.

I wonder what is triggering the warning though?

> > As others have suggested I have enabled XEngine and
> made that my
> > default script engine (0.6.6 svn 9993)
> >
> > I am not sure whether I should leave DotNetEngine
> enabled as true or
> > false though.  Can someone advise on the correct
> configuration?
>
> Stay the course.  Turning on DotNetEngine broke things
> horribly for me
> on Debian.
>

> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: XEngine and DotNetEngine

Karen_Palen
I seem to get a warning from certain scripts (Ubuntu 9.04) when I only have one enabled, but the few scripts I have tried appear to work with either.

So far this has been mostly basic door scripts and pose stand scripts which are all very simple.

I wonder what is triggering the warning though?

> > As others have suggested I have enabled XEngine and
> made that my
> > default script engine (0.6.6 svn 9993)
> >
> > I am not sure whether I should leave DotNetEngine
> enabled as true or
> > false though.  Can someone advise on the correct
> configuration?
>
> Stay the course.  Turning on DotNetEngine broke things
> horribly for me
> on Debian.
>

> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: XEngine and DotNetEngine

Robert Klein
I usually get errors when I set the AllowOSFunctions stuff to false in the OpenSim.ini file. Other than that everything runs fine with XEngine.

-Robert

Karen Palen wrote
I seem to get a warning from certain scripts (Ubuntu 9.04) when I only have one enabled, but the few scripts I have tried appear to work with either.

So far this has been mostly basic door scripts and pose stand scripts which are all very simple.

I wonder what is triggering the warning though?

> > As others have suggested I have enabled XEngine and
> made that my
> > default script engine (0.6.6 svn 9993)
> >
> > I am not sure whether I should leave DotNetEngine
> enabled as true or
> > false though.  Can someone advise on the correct
> configuration?
>
> Stay the course.  Turning on DotNetEngine broke things
> horribly for me
> on Debian.
>

> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Re: XEngine and DotNetEngine

Karen_Palen
A double thank you on that one!

It not only fixed the warning, but turned up some namespace scoping errors in the scripts!

It appears that the Second Life version of LSL does not check namespace soping correctly, but the OpenSim version appears to do it properly.

<rant mode on>
WHY does ANYONE still use "i" all over the place for miscellaneous counters?

I only hope this awful practice has not introduced some of the subtle bugs that not re-initializing a global variable used locally can produce! Sigh!

I had hoped that practice went away with FORTRAN II in 1968. :-(
<end rant mode>