all uploaded textures are not loading completely (blurry)

all uploaded textures are not loading completely (blurry)

Marian Heddesheimer
Hi,

I have installed opensim 0.6.4 (tried the release version as well as the post-fixes from SVN), running with default settings on a window machine in standalone mode. I'm accessing this grid on my iMac using Hippo Viewer which all works fine except for uploaded textures.

If I upload a texture in PNG format (haven't tried if TGA will give a different result), the upload seems to work fine, but if I try to display the uploaded texture from my inventory, I only see the blurry preview picuture and it seems not to load any further (have tried to wait 5 minutes, but nothing changed). I don't think it's Lag because I don't have anything on the region except my avatar in default appearance.

Is there anything I did wrong or I have to do in the ini? When I do the same on the official opengrid.org, all works fine and I suppose they are running the same version of opensim.

Can anybody give me a hint how to solve this problem?

Marian

Re: all uploaded textures are not loading completely (blurry)

Jeff Kelley
At 7:59 +0200 14/05/09, Marian Heddesheimer wrote:

>If I upload a texture in PNG format (haven't tried if TGA will give a
>different result),
>the upload seems to work fine, but if I try to display the uploaded
>texture from my
>inventory, I only see the blurry preview picuture and it seems not to load any
>further (have tried to wait 5 minutes, but nothing changed). I don't think
>it's Lag
>because I don't have anything on the region except my avatar in default
>appearance.

Bug in the Hippo viewer, Mac build.
After some time, uploaded textures don't show.
However, they ARE in the database.

Reverted to Linden viewer and my uploaded textures were fine.

OpenSimulator on PowerPC Macintosh

Jeff Kelley
Hello list.

My name is Jeff Kelley and i'm a software engineer (control process, real
time and other ugly things). Spent two years in Second Life and LOVED the
idea of metaverse. Now going OpenSimulator. Since i'm a long-time Macintosh
user, i have some G4 and one G5 retired. So i woke up my old iMac G5 and
started playing.

There are a number of how-to on the web and some instructions on the
OpenSimulator wiki to install opensim on a Macintosh. They recommend MONO
1.2.5 and recompiling libsl. Forget them, they are outdated. MONO 1.2.5
won't compile opensim 0.6.4, and nothing over 0.6.0 will link against
libsl11550.

Since 0.6.1, OpenSimulator now uses libOpenMataverse (libomv) in place of
libsl. Libomv is a binary dll, as is libopenjpeg plus some other, and must
be recompiled. We have to take extra care when targeting a PowerPC. It is a
big-endian, and some endianism issues have been reported and fixed since.

You have of course XCode, nant, svn. This is not a clicky-clicky thing.

- Install MONO 2.2.5 http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/archive/

[Note: i've compiled wih MONO 2.4.7 but opensim will suffer ScriptEngine
crashes running 2.4.7. MANTIS #3660. Downgrading to 2.2.5 solved the
problem]

- Check out and compile OpenSim 0.6.4-release
- Check out http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim-libs/LibOMV_2362/
  (NOT LibOMV_2568)
- Download and apply patch at http://jira.openmv.org/browse/LIBOMV-445
   This patch solves the Dropped Malformed Packet issue,
   see networking gremlin? in the archive of the list.
- Compile LIBOMV_2362
- Compile openjpeg-dotnet with Makefile.osx
- Replace the OMV+OJPEG .dll in OpenSim 0.6.4 by the ones in LIBOMV-2362

I'm now running OpenSim 0.6.4 on MONO 2.2.5 on an iMac G5 + Tiger 10.4.10.
Database is MySQL over LAN. I can login, build, script, meet friends. Soon
join OSGrid. Physics is POS (conservative choice, I don't care a lot about
physics).

Remote users have a smooth experience through my 10mbps DSL link. No lag,
no crash. Some minor bugs i will report later: members of a linkset jumping
far away, shear/taper resetting to wrong values, non fatal SQL
System.FormatException. On the Macintosh, i would recommend Sequel Pro to
browse the database in addition to the mysql shell command.

Right now, i'm cooking a site library from www.secondlife-shirts.com so my
guests have some clothes to wear. I've imported a few of my favorite builds
from Second Life and, oh well, did you know your scripts were easily
recoverable from your viewer cache?

Cheers.

Re: Great Tool to prevent quitting DOS Windows

drwhiet@spacefriends.de

.. do you as well hate it accidentially shutdown your whole sims by clicking

on the X Button of the WINDOWS DOS console window ?

Me too and therefore i was looking for solution. I found a Tool called
AppScapeUtility.exe that is used by Citrix Administrators as well.

You have to install this utility and after a restart you can enable
it in the Windows System Control Panel. Just select that all CMD.EXE
Windows are protected.

If you start your Regions via a shortcut eon your desktop e.g.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k "H:\opensim\OpenSim.exe"

the X Symbol in the top Right corner is greyed out. If you SHUTDOWN
your regions you can close the DOS Window with EXIT as usual.

best regards
Word (fromthe Wise)

http://www.dabcc.com/ThinSol/Downloads/default.htm

AppScape Lockdown Utility
This is a killer little app that lets you turn off the X  in the top right
hand
corner of an application.  This forces your users to log out of application
and
desktops and helps prevent against disconnected sessions.