avatar stuck under 20 metres

rabbijn Tal van Kekem
Message

Hi, just defined new regions on my RealXtendserver, and now my avatar cannot rise above 19 metres: stays under the original waterlevel at 20 metres.

Probably has to do with the original region, called 'Beneath the waves'

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Re: avatar stuck under 20 metres

Teravus Ovares
http://groups.google.com/group/realxtend   <--- might be a better
place to ask for RealXtend support?

Best Regards

Teravus

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM, rabbijn Tal van Kekem
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, just defined new regions on my RealXtendserver, and now my avatar cannot rise above 19 metres: stays under the original waterlevel at 20 metres.
> Probably has to do with the original region, called 'Beneath the waves'
> Does anyone have a solution for this?

Re: avatar stuck under 20 metres

rabbijn Tal van Kekem
Teravus, asking realXtend/support is a great idea, but unfortunately couldn´t reach them. So i hoped this was a known problem in OS and a more experienced user would throw me a trick :)

--- originele bericht einde ----

Re: avatar stuck under 20 metres

rabbijn Tal van Kekem
Teravus, asking realXtend/support is a great idea, but unfortunately couldn´t reach them. So i hoped this was a known problem in OS and a more experienced user would throw me a trick :)

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM, rabbijn Tal van Kekem
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, just defined new regions on my RealXtendserver, and now my avatar
> cannot rise above 19 metres: stays under the original waterlevel at 20
> metres.
> > Probably has to do with the original region, called 'Beneath the waves'
> > Does anyone have a solution for this?

--- originele bericht einde ----

Re: avatar stuck under 20 metres

Toni Alatalo
rabbijn Tal van Kekem kirjoitti:
> Teravus, asking realXtend/support is a great idea, but unfortunately couldn´t reach them. So i hoped this was a known problem in OS and a more experienced user would throw me a trick :)

I at least haven't noticed this question on the Realxtend list that was
pointed to.

Whether something is a general Opensim or a specific Realxtend question
is sometimes perhaps a bit difficult to know. Now that server side Rex
is an Opensim module, most questions about the server are just normal
Opensim things, and best discussed on normal Opensim fora in my opinion.
But the specifics of course on the rex list, and it's open for any
opensim question too .. sometimes we just don't know the answer, whereas
someone within opensim at large does.

If this is about some specific trick that there is for the Beneath the
waves demo, perhaps you can use an empty normal region to start building
your own stuff?

~Toni

Mikko Pallari-3

I haven't seen your mail in the realXtend mailing list about this issue, did you sent the mail in correct address? However if you are using the 0.5 server check the following config under [realXtend] section in OpenSim.ini:
 ;With this property you can set maximum height that avatars can fly to in region.
 ;Zero when disabled
FlightCeilingHeight = 0
And if you are using 0.4 then the appropriate configutation is located in xml-file in regions folder.
  flight_ceiling_height="1024.0"
I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mikko

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM, rabbijn Tal van Kekem <[hidden email]> wrote:
Teravus, asking realXtend/support is a great idea, but unfortunately couldn´t reach them. So i hoped this was a known problem in OS and a more experienced user would throw me a trick :)

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 5:59 PM, rabbijn Tal van Kekem
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi, just defined new regions on my RealXtendserver, and now my avatar
> cannot rise above 19 metres: stays under the original waterlevel at 20
> metres.
> > Probably has to do with the original region, called 'Beneath the waves'
> > Does anyone have a solution for this?

--- originele bericht einde ----

Re: avatar stuck under 20 metres

rabbijn Tal van Kekem
That is exactly the point, Toni, i threw out the default.xml with the region Beneath the waves, and created 9 new regions.

Somewhere perhaps Beneath the waves left a trace. I found no 20m restriction in the OpenSim.ini, and so i am at a loss....

--- originele bericht einde ----

Re: avatar stuck under 20 metres

rabbijn Tal van Kekem
Message

Thanks Mikko, but  yes, on 0.5 FlightCeilingHeight = 0. I think i´ll just configure the 3 servers seperately and try again.