bvhacker

paul emery
Has anyone tried using bvhacker http://davedub.co.uk/bvhacker/index.html which claims to prepare bvh files for sl/os use. If so, where did you find the bvh files

In particular does it allow us to use files from either of these sources

http://accad.osu.edu/research/mocap/mocap_data.htm

https://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/cmu-bvh-conversion

Re: bvhacker

DZ-2
Paul,

I've used bvhacker for a couple of animation/pose projects...  It is a neat little tool,  and the creator is very approachable.

I haven't had a chance to turn it loose on the OSU archive animations, so I cant speak to that.
The CMU bvh conversion animations are not EXACTLY compatible with the SL/OpenSim avatar skeleton.
It includes additional data that needs to be removed before it can be processed and uploaded.

There is some new progress on getting blender to properly output SL format BVH format files...
It may be a better approach to the conversions of those archives,  and then use bvhacker to find and tweak the
"abnormal joint deformities"

Today's Topics:

  1. bvhacker (paul emery)

Re: bvhacker

Wade Schuette
Hi, dz.   I've just started using blender and would be very interested in the "new progress" you mention on getting Blender output to SL/OpenSim.  Do you have a link or two to that information?

Thank you!
Wade / "Starlight Harbour"

From: Wade Schuette <[hidden email]>

Hi, dz.   I've just started using blender and would be very interested in the "new progress" you mention on getting Blender output to SL/OpenSim.  Do you have a link or two to that information?

Wade,

I think this one to the SecondLife forums is a good place to start
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Animation-Forum/Create-and-edit-BVH-animations-using-Blender-2-58a/td-p/1038377

There are a number of articles dating back to 2008 returned via google search, but that one has links to information related to the latest version of blender and the status of the recent changes to the export process I mentioned.

Re: bvhacker

Davedub
Hi Paul,

Just an FYI, there are video tutorials on converting a range of different bvh file formats to SL compatible here:

http://bvhacker.com/tutorials.html

Kind Regards,

Davedub