change mysql database name

paul emery
Am working with diva distro and osgrid versions of opensim on same server and would like to know if anyway to get one of them to use a mysql database with a different name other then opensim. Would like to use the same database container for more then one instance of opensim running at the same time but be able to keep the assets, etc separate. I know it does work to comingle all the records in the same tables but this makes me nervous.

Re: change mysql database name

Diva Canto
For the diva distro:
1) Create the other schema in MySql, with the new name
2) Give the opensim user the proper permissions to that schema
3) Run Configure.exe on the second instance
4) Before running that second instance, edit its file
config-include/MyWorld.ini. Locate the connection string configuration
variables (there are 2 in 0.7.0.2) and change the Database name to the
new name.
5) Run the second instance

In general, the database name is given in those connection strings in
whatever .ini files you have there. You can set them to whatever name
you want.

On 2/28/2011 12:03 PM, paul emery wrote:
> Am working with diva distro and osgrid versions of opensim on same server and
> would like to know if anyway to get one of them to use a mysql database with
> a different name other then opensim. Would like to use the same database
> container for more then one instance of opensim running at the same time but
> be able to keep the assets, etc separate. I know it does work to comingle
> all the records in the same tables but this makes me nervous.

Re: change mysql database name

paul emery
Thanks much. Is easy when someone explains it. Just exactly what i needed to know.