create public grid node

Tfateme
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: create public grid node

Cosmo
Hi there Fateme,

A few links I've found really helpful on getting/setting things straight (both for me & colleagues at our college), some informative, others instructional (basically on setting it up on a Win server):

- The 19+ Questions on OpenSim Creations (no too technical but helpful w concepts etc)
- Install Step X Step on Windows
- RUNNING OpenSim, Hosted,Home, etc... PLUS
- There's also the Diva distribution (thank god - & Diva for that :)

and of-course the configuration page and Server Commands pages (among others) on the main wiki - but I guess you have those already.

Oh and for immediate, almost effortless test & experimentation on almost everything (before even attempting a standalone) the amazing Sim-on-a-stick (using the Diva distro).

Hope these help you some... I guess more & perhaps more appropriate can be contributed by others, if you elaborate on any particulars of your situation/setup.

Cosmo T.
“If you focus your mind on the freedom and community that you can build by staying firm, you will find the strength to do it.”

Re: create public grid node

Karen Palen

Infinite Grid has a wiki tutorial on setting up a "remote" sever to link
with the main grid step by step. This is somewhat the same grid
structure used by OSGrid http://www.osgrid.org of a small number of
master regions linked to a large number of independently run regions on
their own servers.

Note that "remote" here can mean a separately running task on the same
physical machine or a sever that is physically located halfway around
the world!

Similar steps can be used to set up a "self-tending" grid with all of
the appropriate monitoring and security.

There are several versions for Linux/MySql as well as for
Windows/SqLite, here is the one for Linux:

http://wiki.infinitegrid.org/index.php/Howto_Link_your_Opensim_region_to_Infinite_Grid_%28Linux/MySQL%29

Lets not forget managing the whole thing day by day:

http://wiki.infinitegrid.org/index.php/Managing_your_linked_region

I hope this helps you set things up with a minimum day to day labor
required to keep things running. My personal IG region often runs for
weeks with no intervention from me.

Karen

Re: create public grid node

Tfateme
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: create public grid node

GarminKawaguichi

Download:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download in Current release the zip file

Configuring:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration not specially Windows; for the database I recommend MySQL (needs to install Wamp for example if you have not a server yet installed)

Usage: Running and configuring OpenSimulator is not specifically Windows, for the ports (9000 for OpenSimulator and region ports take care of your firewall messages after open them in the router)

As first viewer, begin with a stable Imprudence for Windows (http://wiki.kokuaviewer.org/wiki/Imprudence:Downloads Windows or SSE2 after reading What is SSE2)

GCI
is there any useful links for doing this work on windows platform or is linux the only way for me?

--Fateme

[...]

http://opensim-users.2152040.n2.nabble.com/create-public-grid-node-tp7423165p7427292.html
To unsubscribe from create public grid node, click here.
NAML

Re: create public grid node

Karen Palen
IG also has wiki entries for using Windows, but Linux is far easier to work with on a server IMHO.

Linux really is not all that scary, but see http://linux.oneandoneis2.org/LNW.htm to see what is involved.

Linux is simply DIFFERENT, sometimes that is an asset, sometimes not - it all depends on what you are doing.

BTW Linux Mint http://www.linuxmint.com/ is a good way to try it out.

Karen