creating new island

landowner
Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a new island. I folllowed those steps and then i created the island but i can not go to that island.

The steps:

1- i create any .ini file
2- i write the code create region name a.ini  in console
3- it is created.

I followed these steps but after the creation the islands are not reachable.

thanks

Re: creating new island

GarminKawaguichi
By experience, dont use that method; create an INI file directly in the folder Regions under bin.

Give more attention to InternalAddress and ExternalHostName and, depending on your configuration, InternalPort. Take into account to unlock access of the port(s) for the router and/or the firewall if necessary.

GCI

Re: creating new island

landowner
1- I created a ini file under the bin/regions.
2- I wrote the those things  (region UUId was generated from http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen )

[Big Fat Region]
RegionUUID = dafa6930-21a5-11e1-bfc2-0800200c9a66
Location = 1001,1002
InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0
InternalPort = 9001
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = 127.0.0.1

3- then saved it.

But still doesnt work. and also i even couldnt create an island.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:57:08 +0100
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] creating new island

By experience, dont use that method; create an INI file directly in the folder Regions under bin.

Give more attention to InternalAddress and ExternalHostName and, depending on your configuration, InternalPort. Take into account to unlock access of the port(s) for the router and/or the firewall if necessary.

GCI

Re: creating new island

landowner
I also used this " http://secondstrife.com/region_ini_generator.html"

then saved /bin/regions

but i still could not create and island.

After the saving file, is there anything to apply?

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:57:08 +0100

By experience, dont use that method; create an INI file directly in the folder Regions under bin.

Give more attention to InternalAddress and ExternalHostName and, depending on your configuration, InternalPort. Take into account to unlock access of the port(s) for the router and/or the firewall if necessary.

GCI

Re: creating new island

Fleep Tuque
Hi Halil,

When you say it doesn't work, you mean you edited the Regions\regions.ini file and then shutdown and restarted opensim.exe and the region wasn't there?  Do you get some kind of error?

Here's an example of a region from my ini file:

[FleepGrid Plaza]
RegionUUID = a6a2136d-daa1-4f4e-a136-fd26c913ecfa
Location = 9013,9013
InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0
InternalPort = 9000
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = fleepgrid.com

Are you running in standalone or grid mode?  When you re-start opensim.exe after adding a region to the region.ini file it should prompt you for the estate the region should be in and I think the region owner..

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL/OS: Fleep Tuque)
Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM)
UCIT Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406A Zimmer Hall
315 College Drive
PO BOX 210088
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0088
(513) 556-3018

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:57:08 +0100

By experience, dont use that method; create an INI file directly in the folder Regions under bin.

Give more attention to InternalAddress and ExternalHostName and, depending on your configuration, InternalPort. Take into account to unlock access of the port(s) for the router and/or the firewall if necessary.

GCI

Re: creating new island

landowner
I solved the problem

thank you

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:57:08 +0100

By experience, dont use that method; create an INI file directly in the folder Regions under bin.

Give more attention to InternalAddress and ExternalHostName and, depending on your configuration, InternalPort. Take into account to unlock access of the port(s) for the router and/or the firewall if necessary.

GCI

Re: creating new island

GarminKawaguichi
For an intranet configuration (server and viewers on different computer) I use :
InternalAddress = 192.168.0.xx
ExternalHostName = "82.xxx.yy.zzz"

and I noted that configuration worked fine when sever and viewer are in the same computer.

The first time you run your region ini file, the console must ask you the RealEstate or that region or the problem is the file is not found.

An other test before to connect to that region: when you see the Region <root> line on the console, type change region Big Fat Region and Enter; if your region is correctly registered you will read as an answer : Region <Big Fat Region> OR type show regions

After if you have not your region in the console, you can inspect the opensim database and the log file.

If the region appears in the console and you have an avatar registered in that session of opensim, try to connect with your viewer; the viewer could connect you to opensim; if not: consider as yu have defined the grid in your viewer (depending on the viewer).

If you can connect your avatar and the connectio stops at the region evel, consider your router, your port...

GCI

Re: creating new island

GarminKawaguichi
It's great, and an OpenSim grid more! :=))

GCI

Re: creating new island

Shaun T. Erickson
Please tell us how you fixed it, so that if another user has the same issue you did, and they search the archives, they'll also find your solution.

-ste

On Dec 8, 2011, at 9:34 AM, HaLiL Kayaduman <[hidden email]> wrote:

I solved the problem

thank you

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:57:08 +0100

By experience, dont use that method; create an INI file directly in the folder Regions under bin.

Give more attention to InternalAddress and ExternalHostName and, depending on your configuration, InternalPort. Take into account to unlock access of the port(s) for the router and/or the firewall if necessary.

GCI

Re: creating new island

landowner

 I used RegionIniGen.exe program to create the island.. and then copy the information about the island to Region.ini which is under the Regions folder. then restart the server and it worked :)

thank you all

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 15:42:21 +0100