defaule db

lppallew
Can anyone tell me what default data base opensim uses?

I want to be sure i am backing up my regions, assests etc., but can't find where they are being stored.

I would also like to use MySql as the db.  Can anyone tell me how to set that up and get opensim to store it's info there?

Thanks.

Running opensim 0.7.2
Windows 7 64bit.

Re: defaule db

Levi Martson
Hi Wayne,

OpenSim by default uses SQLite, and stores its main database in a file called OpenSim.db under the /bin directory. There are also three other DBs: Asset, inventoryStore, and userprofiles.

For information regarding setting up MySQL and OpenSim, please visit http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Mysql-config_example

Cheers,
Levi

----------------------------
Levi Martson
Immersive Education Initiative: http://ImmersiveEducation.org
Immersive Education Forums: http://ImmersiveEducation.org/forums

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Wayne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Can anyone tell me what default data base opensim uses?

I want to be sure i am backing up my regions, assests etc., but can't find where they are being stored.

I would also like to use MySql as the db.  Can anyone tell me how to set that up and get opensim to store it's info there?

Thanks.

Running opensim 0.7.2
Windows 7 64bit.

Re: defaule db

lppallew

Thank you, Levi.
Wayne

On Jun 13, 2011 4:37 PM, "Levi Martson" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Wayne,
>
> OpenSim by default uses SQLite, and stores its main database in a file
> called OpenSim.db under the /bin directory. There are also three other DBs:
> Asset, inventoryStore, and userprofiles.
>
> For information regarding setting up MySQL and OpenSim, please visit
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Mysql-config_example
>
> Cheers,
> Levi
>
> ----------------------------
> Levi Martson
> Immersive Education Initiative: http://ImmersiveEducation.org
> Immersive Education Forums: http://ImmersiveEducation.org/forums
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Wayne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me what default data base opensim uses?
>>
>> I want to be sure i am backing up my regions, assests etc., but can't find
>> where they are being stored.
>>
>> I would also like to use MySql as the db. Can anyone tell me how to set
>> that up and get opensim to store it's info there?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Running opensim 0.7.2
>> Windows 7 64bit.

Opensim Car and Plane

Ali Asgary
Hello all,
I need a car and plane for opensim. Any advise or suggestion?
Thanks
aasgary

Re: Opensim Car and Plane

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
Here are some that might be useful

http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/

Free downloads.
Lindy

------------------

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
Second Life and OpenSim Grids Avatar  - Decka Mah

On 13 June 2011 14:30, Ali Asgary <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all,
I need a car and plane for opensim. Any advise or suggestion?
Thanks
aasgary

Re: Opensim Car and Plane

Ali Asgary
Hello,
Has anyone used the planes in the Plane Game on Mega Region (http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/) before. I downloaded them and tried them, but they don't seem to function very well, for eample, they don't move or fly well. Any idea?
Thanks
aasgary

Re: Opensim Car and Plane

R. Gunther
On Thu, 2011-06-30 at 09:38 -0700, Ali Asgary wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone used the planes in the Plane Game on Mega Region
> (http://www.nsl.tuis.ac.jp/xoops/) before. I downloaded them and tried
> them, but they don't seem to function very well, for eample, they
> don't move or fly well. Any idea?
> Thanks
> aasgary

Check if the verhicles are set to be NOT phantom.
if the are phantom the dont move or work at all.
at least under version 698cd0b. not tried with pother version.