default prim distance from ground..

Opensimfan

question:
how do set default prim distance from ground, this is rather big in my
case. Optional add a option to set prim distance or gravity ...

thanks

see:
http://postimg.org/image/mri747ysj/

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (Be my friend please :) )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+ https://plus.google.com/111310545842863442992

OpenSimFan

My Opensim/Second Life Blog
http://verwijs.wordpress.com

(Dutch, basic hardware/software help windows, Mac, Linux)
http://verwijs-pc.nl

My Twitter Page:
http://twitter.com/OpenSimFan

My Facebook page (be my friend, please )
http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs

My Google+ page (follow me please )
André Verwijs - Google+

Re: default prim distance from ground..

Luisillo Contepomi-2
Hi,
I try to reproduce the problem showed in you picture, building some
cubes directly over the land and over other prims and never have the
result as in your picture.

My versión OpenSim 0.9.0.0 RC2 compiled over windows7

some questions  I have:

"default prim distance from ground"...
when is physical and fall on the land?
When you are building a single prim over land?
When you are building a single prim over land?

Kind regards
Luisillo

On 07/03/2017 21:27, André Verwijs wrote:

> question:
> how do set default prim distance from ground, this is rather big in my
> case. Optional add a option to set prim distance or gravity ...
>
> thanks
>
> see:
> http://postimg.org/image/mri747ysj/

Re: default prim distance from ground..

Mister Blue
There is no default prim distance from ground as such.

If the prim is not physical, it can be positioned into the ground after the initial creation. If the prim is physical, if you are using BulletSim, there is padding added between objects and terrain that is added to make vehicles work better. [BulletSim]TerrainCollisionMargin=0.04 is the default and you can reduce this to get things closer to the ground.

== mb

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Luisillo Contepomi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I try to reproduce the problem showed in you picture, building some
cubes directly over the land and over other prims and never have the
result as in your picture.

My versión OpenSim 0.9.0.0 RC2 compiled over windows7

some questions  I have:

"default prim distance from ground"...
when is physical and fall on the land?
When you are building a single prim over land?
When you are building a single prim over land?

Kind regards
Luisillo

On 07/03/2017 21:27, André Verwijs wrote:

> question:
> how do set default prim distance from ground, this is rather big in my
> case. Optional add a option to set prim distance or gravity ...
>
> thanks
>
> see:
> http://postimg.org/image/mri747ysj/

Re: default prim distance from ground..

Opensimfan

ok :)  thank you for reply.

Yes i get it, there's less friction between prims and terrain when you
use prims with "moving" scripts for vehicles ....

Op 9-3-2017 om 21:27 schreef Mister Blue:

> There is no default prim distance from ground as such.
>
> If the prim is not physical, it can be positioned into the ground after
> the initial creation. If the prim is physical, if you are using
> BulletSim, there is padding added between objects and terrain that is
> added to make vehicles work better.
> [BulletSim]TerrainCollisionMargin=0.04 is the default and you can reduce
> this to get things closer to the ground.
>
> == mb
>
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Luisillo Contepomi
>
>     Hi,
>     I try to reproduce the problem showed in you picture, building some
>     cubes directly over the land and over other prims and never have the
>     result as in your picture.
>
>     My versión OpenSim 0.9.0.0 RC2 compiled over windows7
>
>     some questions  I have:
>
>     "default prim distance from ground"...
>     when is physical and fall on the land?
>     When you are building a single prim over land?
>     When you are building a single prim over land?
>
>     Kind regards
>     Luisillo
>

>     On 07/03/2017 21:27, André Verwijs wrote:
>     >
>     > question:
>     > how do set default prim distance from ground, this is rather big in my
>     > case. Optional add a option to set prim distance or gravity ...
>     >
>     > thanks
>     >
>     > see:
>     > http://postimg.org/image/mri747ysj/
>     <http://postimg.org/image/mri747ysj/>
>     >
>     >

JAV-logo-met-naam
<http://www.facebook.com/andre.verwijs>

La Ventura (heavy metal band) Tumblr page:
http://laventurafan.tumblr.com

André Verwijs - Google+

Re: default prim distance from ground..

Opensimfan
This post was updated on .
these are my default physics levels:

Region (MetalFan Standalone) # physics get all

  MetalFan Standalone/Active = True
  MetalFan Standalone/AngularDamping = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/AngularSleepingThreshold = 1
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarAddForcePushFactor = 0.315
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarAlwaysRunFactor = 1.3
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarBelowGroundUpCorrectionMeters = 1
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarCapsuleDepth = 0.45
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarCapsuleHeight = 1.5
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarCapsuleWidth = 0.6
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarContactProcessingThreshold = 0.1
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarDensity = 350
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarFlyingGroundMargin = 5
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarFlyingGroundUpForce = 2
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarFriction = 0.2
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarHeightHighFudge = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarHeightLowFudge = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarHeightMidFudge = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarJumpFrames = 4
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarRestitution = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarShape = 1
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStandingFriction = 0.95
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStepAngle = 0.3
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStepApproachFactor = 2
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStepForceFactor = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStepGroundFudge = 0.1
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStepHeight = 0.999
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStepSmoothingSteps = 1
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStepUpCorrectionFactor = 0.8
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarStopZeroThreshold = 0.45
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarTerminalVelocity = -54
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarToAvatarCollisionsByDefault = True
  MetalFan Standalone/AvatarUseBefore09SizeComputation = True
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullAddExtraDistPoints = True
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullAddFacesPoints = True
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullAddNeighboursDistPoints = True
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullCompacityWeight = 20
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullConcavity = 10
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullMaxVerticesPerHull = 200
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullMinClusters = 10
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullShouldAdjustCollisionMargin = False
  MetalFan Standalone/BHullVolumeWeight = 0.1
  MetalFan Standalone/CcdMotionThreshold = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/CcdSweptSphereRadius = 0.2
  MetalFan Standalone/CollisionMargin = 0.04
  MetalFan Standalone/ContactProcessingThreshold = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/CrossingFailuresBeforeOutOfBounds = 5
  MetalFan Standalone/CSHullConcavityThresholdPercent = 5
  MetalFan Standalone/CSHullMaxDepthSplit = 7
  MetalFan Standalone/CSHullMaxDepthSplitForSimpleShapes = 2
  MetalFan Standalone/CSHullMaxSkinWidth = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/CSHullMaxVertices = 32
  MetalFan Standalone/CSHullVolumeConservationThresholdPercent = 5
  MetalFan Standalone/DeactivationTime = 0.2
  MetalFan Standalone/DebugNumber = 1
  MetalFan Standalone/DefaultDensity = 1000.001
  MetalFan Standalone/DefaultFriction = 0.2
  MetalFan Standalone/DefaultRestitution = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/DensityScaleFactor = 0.01
  MetalFan Standalone/FixedTimeStep = 0.01666667
  MetalFan Standalone/ForceSimplePrimMeshing = False
  MetalFan Standalone/GlobalContactBreakingThreshold = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/Gravity = -9.80665
  MetalFan Standalone/LinearDamping = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/LinearSleepingThreshold = 0.8
  MetalFan Standalone/LinkConstraintCFM = 0.1
  MetalFan Standalone/LinkConstraintEnableTransMotor = True
  MetalFan Standalone/LinkConstraintERP = 0.1
  MetalFan Standalone/LinkConstraintSolverIterations = 40
  MetalFan Standalone/LinkConstraintTransMotorMaxForce = 0.1
  MetalFan Standalone/LinkConstraintTransMotorMaxVel = 5
  MetalFan Standalone/LinkConstraintUseFrameOffset = False
  MetalFan Standalone/LinksetImplementation = 1
  MetalFan Standalone/LinksetOffsetCenterOfMass = False
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxAddForceMagnitude = 20000
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxAngularVelocity = 1000
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxCollisionAlgorithmPoolSize = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxCollisionsPerFrame = 2048
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxLinearVelocity = 1000
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxObjectMass = 10000.01
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxPersistantManifoldPoolSize = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxSubStep = 10
  MetalFan Standalone/MaxUpdatesPerFrame = 8192
  MetalFan Standalone/MeshLevelOfDetail = 32
  MetalFan Standalone/MeshLevelOfDetailCircular = 32
  MetalFan Standalone/MeshLevelOfDetailMegaPrim = 32
  MetalFan Standalone/MeshLevelOfDetailMegaPrimThreshold = 10
  MetalFan Standalone/MeshSculptedPrim = False
  MetalFan Standalone/MinObjectMass = 0.0001
  MetalFan Standalone/NominalFrameRate = 55
  MetalFan Standalone/NumberOfSolverIterations = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/PhysicsMetricFrames = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/PhysicsTimeStep = 0.089
  MetalFan Standalone/PhysicsUnmanLoggingFrames = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/PID_D = 2200
  MetalFan Standalone/PID_P = 900
  MetalFan Standalone/ResetBroadphasePool = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/ResetConstraintSolver = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/SculptLevelOfDetail = 32
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldDisableContactPoolDynamicAllocation = False
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldEnableFrictionCaching = True
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldForceUpdateAllAabbs = False
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldRandomizeSolverOrder = True
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldRemoveZeroWidthTriangles = True
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldSplitSimulationIslands = True
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldUseAssetHulls = True
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldUseBulletHACD = False
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldUseGImpactShapeForPrims = False
  MetalFan Standalone/ShouldUseSingleConvexHullForPrims = True
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainCollisionMargin = 0.04
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainContactProcessingThreshold = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainFriction = 0.3
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainGroundPlane = -500
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainHitFraction = 0.8
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainImplementation = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainMeshMagnification = 2
  MetalFan Standalone/TerrainRestitution = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/UpdateVelocityChangeThreshold = 0.1
  MetalFan Standalone/UseHullsForPhysicalObjects = True
  MetalFan Standalone/UseSeparatePhysicsThread = True
  MetalFan Standalone/UseSingleSidedMeshes = True
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleAngularBankingTimescaleFudge = 60
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleAngularDamping = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleAngularFactor = <1, 1, 1>
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleAngularVerticalAttractionAlgorithm = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleEnableAngularBanking = True
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleEnableAngularDeflection = True
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleEnableAngularVerticalAttraction = True
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleEnableLinearDeflection = True
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleFriction = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleGroundGravityFudge = 0.2
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleInertiaFactor = <1, 1, 1>
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleLinearDeflectionNotCollidingNoZ = True
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleLinearFactor = <1, 1, 1>
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleMaxAngularVelocity = 12
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleMaxLinearVelocity = 1000
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleMinLinearVelocity = 0.001
  MetalFan Standalone/VehicleRestitution = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDalpha = 0.05
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDbeta = 0.05
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDconcavity = 0.0025
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDconvexHullDownsampling = 4
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDdepth = 20
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDgamma = 0.00125
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDmaxNumVerticesPerCH = 64
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDminVolumePerCH = 0.0001
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDmode = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDpca = 0
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDplaneDownsampling = 4
  MetalFan Standalone/VHACDresolution = 100000
  MetalFan Standalone/WhichHACD = 0

--

to test (with both cases):

start opensim
create new prim
make it physical to get current space from ground.
wait 3 seconds ad turn off physical again...

without "TerrainCollisionMargin"
https://postimg.org/image/5er8ym7dv

with "TerrainCollisionMargin = 0.001" to "[BulletSim]"
https://postimg.org/image/g2uzxghcz

André