documentation on creating mega regions?

zahms aridnamis
Hi all,

Does creating a mega region smooth the land between sims? I seem to get these giant rifts between the borders of sims no matter how much i try to smooth these out, the problem i find is that I can not edit both sims at once. I am not making any thing fancy either just two flat sims and would like the transistion between to be seemless.

Any advice?

Thank you

Re: documentation on creating mega regions?

Teravus Ovares
Flat, seamless, sims are easy

Just type, 'terrain fill 21', where 21 is the height that you want the
terrain to be at.

If you want the height of the terrain to be at 51m, you'd type 'terrain fill 51'

Best Regards

Teravus

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:05 PM, zahms aridnamis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does creating a mega region smooth the land between sims? I seem to get these giant rifts between the borders of sims no matter how much i try to smooth these out, the problem i find is that I can not edit both sims at once. I am not making any thing fancy either just two flat sims and would like the transistion between to be seemless.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thank you

Re: documentation on creating mega regions?

Len W. Brown
I agree.  I'm not sure why you're encountering seam issues along the region borders, especially with a megaregion setup.

But like Teravus said, the simplest solution is to type "terrain fill 21" or whatever height you prefer (and without the quotes, of course) and then all the regions will become totally flat at the terrain height you specify and there should be no strangeness along region borders then. You could then do some terraforming like normal, and just to keep safe, set your viewer to show region/parcel borders, then stay clear of them while terraforming.

Good luck!

- Len W. Brown
     [hidden email]

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Teravus Ovares <[hidden email]> wrote:
Flat, seamless, sims are easy

Just type, 'terrain fill 21', where 21 is the height that you want the
terrain to be at.

If you want the height of the terrain to be at 51m, you'd type 'terrain fill 51'

Best Regards

Teravus

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 11:05 PM, zahms aridnamis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does creating a mega region smooth the land between sims? I seem to get these giant rifts between the borders of sims no matter how much i try to smooth these out, the problem i find is that I can not edit both sims at once. I am not making any thing fancy either just two flat sims and would like the transistion between to be seemless.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thank you

Re: documentation on creating mega regions?

Len W. Brown
I just noticed that Teravus and I both neither one said where to type this.  Do it in the OpenSim server console window.  Typing the command in-world in the viewer will do nothing except "saying" it in-world.  :)  Unless, of course, you care to announce it to your huge empty world for some reason...

- LWB