external computers cannot login

Pryderi
Hi all,
I am sorry to bother you again, but i have not solved yet.
When somebody attempts to log in in my simulator the log in process stops at sending response to client. I guess the server sends and incorrect address/port to client.
Then the client stops log in for timeout.
I am running OpenSim on win 7, with MySQL, I opened the firewall ports and in  windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts i  added this:

192.168.0.2       -DYNDNS URL-

If i don't add that I have the problem of incorrect response. The internal IP is not dynamic.

In the region.ini:

InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0
InternalPort = 9003
AllowAlternatePorts = False
ExternalHostName = -DYNDNS URL-

Many thanks in advance,
Vittorio

Re: external computers cannot login

Robert L martin
On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Pryderi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I am sorry to bother you again, but i have not solved yet.
> When somebody attempts to log in in my simulator the log in process stops at
> sending response to client. I guess the server sends and incorrect
> address/port to client.
> Then the client stops log in for timeout.
> I am running OpenSim on win 7, with MySQL, I opened the firewall ports and
> in  windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts i  added this:
>
> 192.168.0.2       -DYNDNS URL-
>
> If i don't add that I have the problem of incorrect response. The internal
> IP is not dynamic.
>
> In the region.ini:
>
> InternalAddress = 0.0.0.0
> InternalPort = 9003
> AllowAlternatePorts = False
> ExternalHostName = -DYNDNS URL-

1 have you tried to connect with a computer inside your network??
2 any reason that you have the ip set in the dynamic range with a fixed ip?

--
Robert L Martin

Re: external computers cannot login

Pryderi
Thanks for you answer Robert,
1) Yes, it works, but I do not know why, it does not allow region crossing
2) May be I have not understood, but the internal IP is fixed, the external is dynamic.

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Pryderi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for you answer Robert,
> 1) Yes, it works, but I do not know why, it does not allow region crossing
> 2) May be I have not understood, but the internal IP is fixed, the external
> is dynamic.

the internal ip address 192.168.1.102 is normally given out during a
DHCP request most mixed fixed/dynamic lans have the fixed addresses
above 120 to prevent address clashes
btw you do have that address/ports forwarded in your router correct??

--
Robert L Martin

Re: external computers cannot login

Pryderi
Thanks Robert,
I am pretty sure, the ports are correct, because once, I do not know why, setting 192.168.0.2 as InternalAddress, it worked from external and not from internal computers. Now even that! does not work!
I opened the port 9000->9100 TCP/UDP.
I guess it is an IP problem.. The client cannot login in the region, beacause the server sends an address the client can not open.

2010/6/27 Robert Martin <[hidden email]>
On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Pryderi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks for you answer Robert,
> 1) Yes, it works, but I do not know why, it does not allow region crossing
> 2) May be I have not understood, but the internal IP is fixed, the external
> is dynamic.

the internal ip address 192.168.1.102 is normally given out during a
DHCP request most mixed fixed/dynamic lans have the fixed addresses
above 120 to prevent address clashes
btw you do have that address/ports forwarded in your router correct??

--
Robert L Martin

Re: external computers cannot login

Trucker Anthony
One thing that I did because I have a dynamic external ip is a free dns from. Changeip.com and a ddns client that allows my login uri of http://grid.alg.ourhobbby.com:8002 so I don't have to go through all of my ini files changing the ip when it changes
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Hi again Pryderi, Is your OS running as GRID or standalone?, mail me if need help.

2010/6/27 <[hidden email]>
One thing that I did because I have a dynamic external ip is a free dns from. Changeip.com and a ddns client that allows my login uri of http://grid.alg.ourhobbby.com:8002 so I don't have to go through all of my ini files changing the ip when it changes
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Re: external computers cannot login

Pryderi
Thanks for all your answers! =D
@Anthony I am using dyndns.org to have a Domain Name.
@Jor3l OS is running in standalone.

2010/6/27 <[hidden email]>

One thing that I did because I have a dynamic external ip is a free dns from. Changeip.com and a ddns client that allows my login uri of http://grid.alg.ourhobbby.com:8002 so I don't have to go through all of my ini files changing the ip when it changes
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Re: external computers cannot login

Impalah Shenzhou
It seems a NAT Loopback problem with your router: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/NAT_Loopback_Routers (big problem) or a bad DMZ/NAT configuration (no problem).

First: turn off DHCP, you will need a static IP for the computer on your LAN. For example, if you have 3 computers, and the IP address of the router is 192.168.0.1, use the 192.168.0.2, 3 and 4 for the computers.

Second: You need to associate the internal ip address of the computer acting as opensim (i.e. 192.168.0.3) to the external address of your router (i.e. 72.11.7.23). This is the one which DynDNS will autodetect.

The "association" can be done in the router using NAT (Network address translator, will require both ip addresses and ports) or, more simple, using some DMZ option, which will only require a local ip address.

Third: how to test... well, making a ping from the outside to your DynDNS, could be a false positive, your router could answer and not your computer (this depends on the router...). I prefer to use a web server on the computer and try to access from a navigator (i.e. http://myaddress.dyndns.org).

At this point anyone should be able to access from the outside, using your dyndns address.

The NAT loopback problem means that everyone from the outside can access to you computer but you, from your local network, don't.

I hope this helps

On Sun, Jun 27, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Pryderi <[hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Impalah for your very clear answer,
1) DHCP is off;
2)With xampp web server it rederects correctly to my computer, so i guess it's correct.
3)As i wrote up, the webserver works.

Without this line:

192.168.0.2
http://pryderi.dyndns.org

in windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts, it works only from external computer, with that: only from internal.

And if I use the http://pryderi.dyndns.org in a browser, without that line, of course it doesn't load.... i guess it is this NAT loopback.

2010/6/28 Impalah Shenzhou <[hidden email]>
[...]

Yes, seems a Loopback problem :-(

The only solution could be to change the router... or maybe updating the firmaware of the router, but I can't help you with it (firmware updating scares me) :-(

2010/6/29 Pryderi <[hidden email]>
[...]

Of course I will not change the router for opensim!
But I updated the firmware, but.. the same loopback problem.
My router is a DG834G v5, and it looks like that it does not support NAT loopback! not with this firmware..

2010/6/29 Impalah Shenzhou <[hidden email]>
[...]

Zaskar
Pryderi <pryderi.mail <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,Of course I will not change the router for opensim!But I updated the
firmware, but.. the same loopback problem.My router is a DG834G v5, and it looks
like that it does not support NAT loopback! not with this firmware..
> 2010/6/29 Impalah Shenzhou <impalah <at> gmail.com>
> Yes, seems a Loopback problem The only solution could be to change the
router... or maybe updating the firmaware of the router, but I can't help you
with it (firmware updating scares me) 2010/6/29 Pryderi <pryderi.mail <at>
gmail.com>

Hi all,

very strange.
I have a DG834G (very old version) but there is a default DMZ server option (in
Advanced--->WAN settings).

Anyway without NAT loopback function, there'n noway out, at the moment.

Z.