hey

andrew johnson-3
i have question

which recommanded hosts for our sim because we need move our opensim server to cheap host that does not have Metered

thanks

Re: hey

Wade Schuette
Look at justhost.com and see if it will work for you.

Extremely reliable, 24x7 tech support,  very well documented,  linix or windows servers,
and right now going for $3.50 a month!    (pretty hard to beat that price.)

NOTE: I have NOT tried to run open-sim on that server.  Has anyone else here?

On 12/16/11 7:14 AM, andrew johnson wrote:
i have question

which recommanded hosts for our sim because we need move our opensim server to cheap host that does not have Metered

thanks

Re: hey

Mike Chase
On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 07:35 -0800, Wade Schuette wrote:
> justhost.com

This looks like simple web hosting which doesnt really work. You need
the ability to install software on it.  More like server hosting
provided by the Amazon cloud, etc.

Have you looked at Kitely?

Mike

Re: hey

Wade Schuette
Yeah, Mike.  I just chatted with support at justhost.com and they
agreed with you it wouldn't be a good platform for OpenSim.

Don't we (?) have some kind of data already of who is running OpenSim
where, with what results?
Want me to set up a SurveyMonkey survey or something and find that out,
if we don't know it?

Wade

On 12/16/11 7:55 AM, Mike Chase wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 07:35 -0800, Wade Schuette wrote:
>> justhost.com
> This looks like simple web hosting which doesnt really work. You need
> the ability to install software on it.  More like server hosting
> provided by the Amazon cloud, etc.
>
> Have you looked at Kitely?
>
> Mike

Re: hey - Open Sim hosting options

Wade Schuette
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/FAQ
lists the following, but it is surely out of date, since it doesn't mention Kitely - which looks cool.

Are there any companies that will host my grid for me?

Yes there are dozens of independent OpenSim hosting providers. The following are not affiliated with OpenSimulator.org.

More vendors listed here: Hypergrid Business Vendors Directory -- a categorized directory of OpenSim vendors, currently listing about three dozen providers.

On 12/16/11 7:55 AM, Mike Chase wrote:
On Fri, 2011-12-16 at 07:35 -0800, Wade Schuette wrote:
justhost.com
This looks like simple web hosting which doesnt really work. You need
the ability to install software on it.  More like server hosting
provided by the Amazon cloud, etc.

Have you looked at Kitely?

Mike

Re: hey

Lindy (McKeown) Orwin
There is a list on

Lindy

Re: hey

andrew johnson-3
some business are closed on there - its needs UPDATED

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:47:26 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] hey