hmd viewer

ssm2017
hello
as some of you already know, the ctrl alt viewer is not maintained anymore.
is there an alternative to use a dk1 or dk2 (or any other hmd) with opensimulator ?

Re: hmd viewer

aiaustin

>From: ssm2017 <[hidden email]>
>
>as some of you already know, the ctrl alt viewer is not maintained anymore.
>is there an alternative to use a dk1 or dk2 (or any other hmd) with
>opensimulator ?

Not that I am aware of, and I have been tracking and communicating
with David Rowe (CtrlAltStudio) and Linden Labs about this.

Linden Labs current Second Life Project OculusRift Viewer version
3.7.18.295296  has not (yet) been updated to run with Oculus Runtime
1.3/1.4 and hence does not work yet with the Rift CV1. But in any
case that will not work with OpenSim.

CtrlAltStudio works up to Oculus SDK 0.8 which you can use with a
DK2, but is not being updated.  David is waiting for the Linden Labs
Rift project viewer to be updated and is assuming Firestorm will then
at some stage adopt the code to end up with a version we can use with
OpenSim.  But I foresee a very long time before that path leads to
something we can use.

Re: hmd viewer

Nick Zwart
There is another simple way to connect OpenSim to VR.
I tried KinoVR and it worked fine but is no way near the quality of the Oculus.

There is an app for iPhone and Android, and you need to install some software on your computer to stream the data to your mobile. Unfortunately it does not send the info in stereo, I also tried the Ctrl Alt Viewer in stereo, but that did not work.
You can find more info at http://kinovr.kinoni.com/

Nick

3DLES
Fluitekruidlaan 25