how to get developers revisions (Was: flailing fix?)

how to get developers revisions (Was: flailing fix?)

Diva Canto
[This probably should be on the wiki -- please feel free to add it there]

For people who want to get and test bleeding edge revisions of OpenSim,
there are two ways of doing this. One is to install and use git, as
described here:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download

Another, perhaps simpler, way is to download a tar/zip ball. Start here:
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=summary&p=opensim
Scroll down that page and locate the version you want.
Say, for example, you are interested in 0.6.7-post-fixes. That can be
found under "Heads" on that page. Follow that link, and you will get to
a page corresponding to that branch, which, in this case is
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim&h=refs/heads/0.6.7-post-fixes.

Notice the "Actions" links on the right-most column. One of them is
"tar/gz" and another is "zip" -- those are what you want.
Simply download and untar/unzip the ball.

Re: [Opensim-dev] how to get developers revisions (Was: flailing fix?)

justincc
[hidden email] wrote:
> [This probably should be on the wiki -- please feel free to add it there]

Great stuff Diva, I had completely forgotten about ViewGit.  Both Whitestar and
I ended up adding these instructions to the downloads page.

> For people who want to get and test bleeding edge revisions of OpenSim,
> there are two ways of doing this. One is to install and use git, as
> described here:
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Download
>
> Another, perhaps simpler, way is to download a tar/zip ball. Start here:
> http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=summary&p=opensim
> Scroll down that page and locate the version you want.
> Say, for example, you are interested in 0.6.7-post-fixes. That can be
> found under "Heads" on that page. Follow that link, and you will get to
> a page corresponding to that branch, which, in this case is
> http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim&h=refs/heads/0.6.7-post-fixes.
>

> Notice the "Actions" links on the right-most column. One of them is
> "tar/gz" and another is "zip" -- those are what you want.
> Simply download and untar/unzip the ball.

Justin Clark-Casey

diva problems

Karen_Palen

I have found a couple of problems with the Diva distribution. How should I report them?

Email like this? JIRA ticket? Post to user forum? or ???

So far the only thing I have noticed is:

File Opensim.ini

Line 120 True -> true (True not recognised by code)

karen

Re: diva problems

Diva Canto
That particular setting is also in OpenSim.ini.example, so that's where
it comes from. Needs to be fixed there, and I'll fix it in the diva
distro too.

In general, if the problems are related to packaging, configuration and
update, you should report it here:
http://github.com/diva/diva-distribution/issues

If it's generic about the workings of OpenSim (performance, issues about
megaregions, etc), it should be reported in mantis, providing the
OpenSim revision of the diva distro in question, rNNNN.

If you're not sure, start by reporting in the diva distro issues, and
I'll have a look first.